• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Latest member of the family

Ice Queen

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
I wasn't sure quite where to put this thread, so it may be in the wrong place!!

Attachments

• horsebox 005.jpg
    horsebox 005.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 233

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Bigger then a cat...

It's a good thing you have carpet. If that thing started running around (actually sliding) on a laminate floor, it would trash everything.

What's your plans for it?

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Anita, is that a plastic horse?

As far as where to put it? I suggest you buy a large circus carousel and put the horse on that, perhaps in front of a sleigh.

Oh, and I'm not even going to ask WHY YOU BOUGHT IT . . .

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I like it!
So, is Mr. Ed going to stay there in the lounge?
What does Timba think of the new member? :)

Ice Queen

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
Clue - What do I travel the snowtrac in? In whose colours is it?

The horse, which at the moment has no name, is to be painted, as the relevant body do not use greys. I have the farrier coming tomorrow and hope he will be able to help with a name, also I need a headcollar in military green - more clues, anybody got it yet???

Kane

Anita, is that a plastic horse?

As far as where to put it? I suggest you buy a large circus carousel and put the horse on that, perhaps in front of a sleigh.

Oh, and I'm not even going to ask WHY YOU BOUGHT IT . . .
Well, if you're not going to ask, I must. Why on earth, Ice Queen, did you buy a six foot tall plastic horse?

Kane

The horse, which at the moment has no name, is to be painted, as the relevant body do not use greys. I have the farrier coming tomorrow and hope he will be able to help with a name, also I need a headcollar in military green - more clues, anybody got it yet???
RCMP?

Ice Queen

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
Muleman is getting warmer.............Kane, not close. Another clue for you...........

Attachments

• horsebox 004.jpg
    horsebox 004.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 192

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter

Like this, with a green head collar?
Will you be taking him along to Snowtrac, military vehicle or other such gatherings to display?
:clap:

Tux.jpg

Last edited:

Ice Queen

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
Lovely camo horse, but that is not in the direction you should be looking..............Apart from the vehicle that carries the snowtracs, it has nothing to do with snow vehicles. Think of the other clue............!!!!

Ice Queen

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
He's changing colour and he has a name M'Lord Connolly.

Attachments

• horsey 004.jpg
    horsey 004.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 164

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Are you using him to quiet other horses down while you transport them?

Ice Queen

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
I may drive a horsebox, but I transport a snowtrac or a Willys Jeep in the back, not horses. The horsebox is painted in particular colours - think Military.........

Ice Queen

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
The horsebox is painted in the colours of the Kings Troop, Royal Horse Artillery. 'Horsey' is planned to be attached to the side (horsebox so hitching rings are already there) and wearing travel boots, rug and tail bandage and obviously a head collar. I hope to get a mannequin and dress him in uniform to stand along side. So far I have had no luck in getting a mannequin - it took me two years to find the horse - but am looking. It could be a problem travelling 'Horsey' as I don't know how much room there will be behind the snowtrac, so he may need to go on top of the snowtrac. I think he would have plenty of room when travelling with the Jeep. Will work it all out somehow - he definitely will have to go through the rear doors of the lorry as he wont bend his legs to go any other way! So now you know, it is all for making much more of a display for the public to see, and remind them of the horses in the Military, in at the beginning and still there today and too easily forgotten by people.

Ice Queen

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
Here's an update for you on 'Billy'

Attachments

• horse -Billy 2 003.jpg
    horse -Billy 2 003.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 160

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Well at least he's dressed in that photo!

Ice Queen

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
An update for you. This was taken just before he was put in the horsebox! And the second one is of Billy 'anchored' and his groom taking a nap - or perhaps he had fallen down drunk?! All ready now to go to a show, if only it would stop raining..................

Attachments

• Billy and groom and horsebox 004.jpg
    Billy and groom and horsebox 004.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 107
  • Billy and groom and horsebox 005.jpg
    Billy and groom and horsebox 005.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 114

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Ice Queen, that's the first horse that I've seen that I actually like, no grooming, no feeding, no exercise and no cleaning up after them .... perfect. :clap::clap:

Ice Queen

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
I agree Frank, he was so good while he lived in my lounge, I miss him being there! I don't know what is going to happen about shows, last week was cancelled because the field was waterlogged. It continues to rain every day and I doubt if this week will go ahead and I am not going to travel about 160 miles to sit in a field in the rain. I couldn't put the display out in the wet anyway. Bloody weather, I have never known it so bad.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Hate to bring bad news but the remnants of a tropical storm will be there in a few more days. Wish we had a bit of your rain around here. Dry and very dusty around here.

Ice Queen

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
It is very cold (like January) and very windy and wet of course. Wish I could send you some of our rain, we are getting very fed up with it. Not only is it depressing, but it is causing great farming problems with the crops etc.