• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Rio School Massacre ~ tied to Islamic Extremism ~ why no media of that fact?

mak2

I use that term on this forum for anyone not to the right of Atilla the Hun, they think I am a loony liberal and most anywhere else I am a conservative. Normal definitions mean little on this forum.

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
I use that term on this forum for anyone not to the right of Atilla the Hun, they think I am a loony liberal and most anywhere else I am a conservative. Normal definitions mean little on this forum.
Once again thats only your opinion which this thread is overun with you opinions & thats MY opinion . Try to at least respect Doc's wishes to let it rest Mak . :smile:

Randy Scheffer

IMO people so far to the right see as much as their counterparts who can't see past the left, and those two shall never meet.

Normally I'll refrain from posting on anything pertaining to politics in nature, but when I saw the association of a nutjob gunman to a religious faith, I couldn't help myself but to respond. What makes me wonder (in hindsight) is that the association between a nut case and a religion was posted by a moderator.

Sueng-Hui Cho wrote "thanks to you I died like Jesus Christ, to inspire generations of the weak and defenseless people". So, do we attribute the Virginia Tech killings to Christianity?

I have more than thick skin, and I've been in my fair share of EM club brawls, but I think I'm old and wise enough when I can see the writing on the wall. Given time, I'd end up calling it like I see it here, because political correctness isn't my forte as well.

How is that any different than the local news saying to watch out for a rapist who is 5'10" tall with black hair and a scar on his face but not telling us if he is white, black, brown, red or yellow?

I'm still waiting for an example per this statement. There is a difference between listing the facts and description of a suspect and racial profiling, which you don't seem to comprehend.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Randy, as admin and owner of this forum I let everyone know that mods are members first and mods only when duty calls (they will post mod hat on or something to that extent). So a post or thread started by a mod carrys no more weight than one you or any other member would start. Being a mod is not fun and they need to have the same freedoms as any other member of the forums.

I like a wide open forum and strive to keep things civil. There is a history between most longtime members and threads like this one have responses that carry baggage of other threads. From rereading this thread Mak is the member who labeled you as a little left of most members here, and then said something about chasing you off as you might be a liberal. All BS from my point of view but in his way I suspect Mak was trying to smack at the original posters and defend you. Not sure why he felt the need as you sure appear to be able to speak for yourself very well. We try not to over moderate so that folks can speak their mind, and yes, the gloves can come off quickly. It is all for fun and the exchange of ideas. I hope you enjoy this whole concept and will become a regular poster of provoking thoughts and ideas here on forums forums.

Randy Scheffer

Doc

Thank you for the feedback. It's appreciated.

. So a post or thread started by a mod carrys no more weight than one you or any other member would start.
It's not that I even care that a thread started by a moderator would carry more weight, just that when I read trash that can be easily debunked, I expect it to be posted by some pent up wannabe, not from a moderator with over 20 thousand posts LOL

I'm sorry, but IMO drawing the conclusion that a mentally unbalanced gun crazed idiot is linked to some radial religious group due to a note that they wrote is trash. The funny thing here is more people were jumping on the OP's bandwagon.

As previously mentioned, by the same logic, one could argue that the Virginia Tech killings were done at the hands of some extremist Christian group.

and yes, the gloves can come off quickly.
I don't expect a moderator to be taking the gloves off first.

Originally Posted by Randy Scheffer
To think that "islamo maggots" are the only people in this world who can't get along shows some pretty limited thinking.

Honestly, I don't know what the OP is thinking when he calls this "illogical garbage"

He can be king of his little hill if he wants, no sweat off my back.