• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Chrysler 200

a5gunner

Has anyone yet test drived or own this new Chrysler car? I'm thinking about taking a drive myself soon. It looks pretty cool :wow:

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
NOT this model but I used to buy Chrysler cars as our fleet vehicles. They didn't retain much value but we drove them until they were worn out so it really didn't matter what the residual was when we were done with them because most were not roadworthy! My general feeling is that Chrysler makes cars that are on the cheap side of the spectrum, cheap engineering, cheap construction, cheap materials. That may explain why they don't seem to hold much value. But that said, we'd get our money's worth out of the vehicles because we'd run them long enough.

a5gunner

That is very true and you make a great points Melensdad. The new Chrysler and Dodge look promising. I also read they are started to come back this year making profit again, from the recent years of the bankrupt. So we will see whats in store, but I think they have a good plan :smile::brows:

New 200 interior is so much better than the Sebring's
2011-Chrysler-200-Touring-Interior-Steering-Wheel.jpg

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
until i moved to nome dadge trucks were all i owned i had a pickup with a big block it would pass anything except a gas station also owned a w100 with a 225 slant six a cummins powered w 350 and a 1963 m37 they all run like a top and are well built trucks not cheap just looked a little old compaired to the other trucks of there time the only complaint i had with the 89 was the plastic door trim on the interior didn't like the cold i fixed that with some steel pannels from a 72 model pick up the old k-cars were quite affordable but i watched the mp's run the snot out of them and they always came back for more can't speak for the new stuff i wouldnt own any new junk

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I recently had a new 300 rental and loved the drive of the car! It had a 3.something 6 cylinder in it and I got 27 mpg and it isn't a small car!

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
We recently purchased a 2010 300 touring...Love it, Benze suspension underneath...

My daughter will be driving our 2002 300M that we kept for her...

Used cars are getting very scarce so we kept the old 300. NADA price guide for April sent out letters telling folks to throw the April price guide away...ALL prices are too low. With very low production of cars since 2008, when the economy crashed, there is a VERY large shortage of used cars comming down the pike. With gas prices up, used cars are going up as well. With none comming into the used market, prices are reacting as they will. New cars aren't being built because of parts shortages out of Japan, either......

If you are in the market for a used car, you had better "getter done" if you want one.

Best regards, Kirk

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Chrysler has the best design team in the US automotive industry with many cutting edge designs that others have tried to emulate. The past 2nd gen Durrango being an exception....

This new 200 is yet another example of the cutting edge designs they are comming out with. It is Beautiful!:clap:

We have been driving Fords and Chryslers and have had very good luck with them, all running that evil sin E10 by the way....:whistling:

I wish them good luck as a company. They have a history of paying back the Government in full....as they have before.

Regards, Kirk

I had a Chrysler LeBaron covertible very similar to this one but in silver (I think a little newer though). I loved that car.

1990-Chrysler-LeBaron-Turbo-GTC-Convertible-white-.jpg

Now I'm driving a Jeep Grand Cherokee which is also part of the Chrysler/Dodge family. I think it's the best looking SUV out there. Would love to get a new one.

Picture683.jpg