• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

My wife buys $4.00 cans of dog food!

loboloco

3:55? I would love to see that with a 13.. I am not a 10 spd fan...
Would personally preferred a 13 or 18, but it was bought thru a lease purchase program, and that was what it had. But can't really complain, that metric 10 is a good tranny.

rback33

Hangin in Tornado Alley
SUPER Site Supporter
Would personally preferred a 13 or 18, but it was bought thru a lease purchase program, and that was what it had. But can't really complain, that metric 10 is a good tranny.

My old Freight shaker had a Series 60 Detroit, with a 13 and 4:11 rear end.. was an oil field truck so I didn't need racing gears... I could wind her up to 60 really fast but wasn't gonna get much faster than 70 with her... I have always thought 9 or 10 gears was not enough and 18 was too many and 13 just right...

loboloco

My old Freight shaker had a Series 60 Detroit, with a 13 and 4:11 rear end.. was an oil field truck so I didn't need racing gears... I could wind her up to 60 really fast but wasn't gonna get much faster than 70 with her... I have always thought 9 or 10 gears was not enough and 18 was too many and 13 just right...
Yeah, really would have preferred a 13, but you take what you can get sometimes. Have to admit this old gall had the perfect balance of horse, pull and speed. A thirteen would have helped on the top end, but a cat has to have RPM to run right. Tried to keep her around 1500-1600 on the cruise, but if she got a wild hair up her butt 2500 wasn't impossible. In tenth, 1500 was right at 72 mph.