• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Damn Check Writers

tsaw

GOLD Site Supporter
This just infuriates me. You are standing in line.. say at the grocery store. There is an old lady that is standing there watching the stuff get ringed up.
Then at the end.. when the total is told, she will dig into her purse and finally drag out a checkbook. Then start searching for a pen. The check out lady offers one. Nope! Gotta keep looking - "I got one in here" Finally she starts writing out the check. OMFG! I swear she is writing her life's story. For the love of GOD... how long does it take to write a check?
AND MORE IMPORTANTLY: Why not get the damn check book out and fill in everything but the amount?
I've seen this more times than I can take anymore.:hammer::hammer::hammer:

jpr62902

Jeanclaude Spam Banhammer
SUPER Site Supporter
Are you so efficient in your life such that you can demand it from others without being a hypocrite?

And here's another thought. Check writers (to me) are folks with a sense of how much money they have. They're not the ones defaulting on loans, or discharging bunches of credit card debt in bankruptcy.

Just my $.02.

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I hate it too ......... same way when the total is revealed a guy decides to fish out his wallet. I think reasoning they are frugal is like me reasoning they are inefficient and inconsiderate.

Just my $.02. .............. :whistling:

jpr62902

SUPER Site Supporter
I hate it too ......... same way when the total is revealed a guy decides to fish out his wallet. I think reasoning they are frugal is like me reasoning they are inefficient and inconsiderate.

Just my $.02. .............. :whistling:

By making me read your post and replying thereto, you have compromised my efficiency to the price of $.02. You know where to mail the check ...... :w00t2:

tsaw

GOLD Site Supporter
Are you so efficient in your life such that you can demand it from others without being a hypocrite?

And here's another thought. Check writers (to me) are folks with a sense of how much money they have. They're not the ones defaulting on loans, or discharging bunches of credit card debt in bankruptcy.

Just my $.02.

Are you one of them check writers that can't get the check ready while the goods are tallied up?
All I'm saying is: While you stand there watching the goods get tallied up..
Get out your checkbook. Fill in the date, name of store, and sign it. Then when told the total... fill that in. Fast and efficient
What about the people that write bad checks? There are many that do. So I don't see how charging on a credit card - which will pay the merchant VS writing a bad check equals managing money.

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
Sounds like majoring in minor shit. I go to the line that says CASH ONLY, and I have my wallet ready when the total is rung. This ain't hard shit to figure out...at least for me it ain't hard.

jpr62902

SUPER Site Supporter
Are you one of them check writers that can't get the check ready while the goods are tallied up?
All I'm saying is: While you stand there watching the goods get tallied up..
Get out your checkbook. Fill in the date, name of store, and sign it. Then when told the total... fill that in. Fast and efficient
What about the people that write bad checks? There are many that do. So I don't see how charging on a credit card - which will pay the merchant VS writing a bad check equals managing money.

You spend hours and hours on FF.:clap: You have a little free time.

I'm a card swiper. I don't even need the cashier to make change.

All I'm saying is, if you're so critical of others about how they might be taking a few very small moments of your time, you better make sure you're not doing the same. Have you ever not noticed right away that the traffic light was green? Have you ever made a waiter come back a second (or third) time because you hadn't even looked at the menu, even though you've had ample time to do so? And while placing your order did you ask them, "What comes with that?" even though it was clearly noted on the menu?

I'll wait for check writers. At least they try.

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter

All I'm saying is, if you're so critical of others about how they might be taking a few very small moments of your time, you better make sure you're not doing the same. Have you ever not noticed right away that the traffic light was green? Have you ever made a waiter come back a second (or third) time because you hadn't even looked at the menu, even though you've had ample time to do so? And while placing your order did you ask them, "What comes with that?" even though it was clearly noted on the menu?

You realize. of course, that you are taking away his joy as a perceived victim of geriatric abuse?

OhioTC18

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
tsaw could just send me his debit card and I'd never write a check again.........

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter

Hey ! I got an idea ???? Why don't you just rain on TSAW's post a little .
This is our new Rant and Rave section , and we deserve the right to bitch !!!! Doc Gave this to us !!!! Don't make me drag out my lawyer jokes !!!!:whistling::biggrin::yum::yum:

jpr62902

SUPER Site Supporter
Hey ! I got an idea ???? Why don't you just rain on TSAW's post a little .
This is our new Rant and Rave section , and we deserve the right to bitch !!!! Doc Gave this to us !!!! Don't make me drag out my lawyer jokes !!!!:whistling::biggrin::yum::yum:

Seriously?

First, I LOVE lawyer jokes!:clap:

Second, who says I can't rant in response to a rant?:whistling:

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Seriously?

First, I LOVE lawyer jokes!:clap:

Second, who says I can't rant in response to a rant?:whistling:

As a lawyer you should have read the rules to Ranting . Each Rant goes into a new thread .
You are not allowed to use an existing thread to start ranting about the former posters rantings ...

If you still intend to rant please post your own rant in the proper order . "Piggy back ranting" is not allowed .

jpr62902

SUPER Site Supporter
As a lawyer you should have read the rules to Ranting . Each Rant goes into a new thread .
You are not allowed to use an existing thread to start ranting about the former posters rantings ...

If you still intend to rant please post your own rant in the proper order . "Piggy back ranting" is not allowed .

Given that the term "rant" belies rules, I shall not remove my rebuttal.

So there. =P

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Given that the term "rant" belies rules, I shall not remove my rebuttal.

So there. =P

I am not going waste my time to rant about your incorrect ranting of another posters ranting . I have turned this over to the Ranting Committee and you will be notified of their rantings .

If you are not happy with their decision you are welcome to rant about it in your own ranting post .

Good Day Sir !:tiphat:

jpr62902

SUPER Site Supporter
I am not going waste my time to rant about your incorrect ranting of another posters ranting . I have turned this over to the Ranting Committee and you will be notified of their rantings .

If you are not happy with their decision you are welcome to rant about it in your own ranting post .

Good Day Sir !:tiphat:

Holy carp. Al. If it's possible to hijack a rant thread, we've done it. Tsaw, sorry bout dat.:flowers:

tsaw

GOLD Site Supporter
Holy carp. Al. If it's possible to hijack a rant thread, we've done it. Tsaw, sorry bout dat.:flowers:

The Hundred-Dollar Bill.
Santa Claus, the tooth fairy, and honest lawyer, and an old drunk were walking along when they simultaneously spotted a hundred-dollar bill laying in the street. Who gets it?
The old drunk, of course, the other three are mythological creatures.

:poke:

jpr62902

SUPER Site Supporter
The Hundred-Dollar Bill.
Santa Claus, the tooth fairy, and honest lawyer, and an old drunk were walking along when they simultaneously spotted a hundred-dollar bill laying in the street. Who gets it?
The old drunk, of course, the other three are mythological creatures.

:poke:

Yawn.

Have you ever not noticed right away that the traffic light was green? Have you ever made a waiter come back a second (or third) time because you hadn't even looked at the menu, even though you've had ample time to do so? And while placing your order did you ask them, "What comes with that?" even though it was clearly noted on the menu?

Well? Are you so innocent of these time-wasting acts of inattention?

tsaw

GOLD Site Supporter
A man phones a lawyer and asks, "How much would you charge for just answering three simple questions?"
The lawyer replies, "A thousand dollars."
"A thousand dollars!" exclaims the man. "That's very expensive isn't it?"
"It certainly is," says the lawyer. "Now, what's your third question?"

DaveNay

Klaatu barada nikto
SUPER Site Supporter

Attachments

• satan.jpg
    satan.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 168

tsaw

GOLD Site Supporter
The Truck Driver, Priest, and Lawyer
A truck driver used to amuse himself by running over lawyers he saw walking down the side of the road. Every time he saw a lawyer walking along the road, he swerved to hit him and there would be a loud "THUMP". Then he would swerve back on the road.
One day, as the truck driver was driving along the road he saw a priest hitchhiking. He thought he would do a good deed and pulled the truck over.
"Where are you going, Father?" The truck driver asked.
"I'm going to the church 5 miles down the road," replied the priest.
"No problem, Father! I'll give you a lift. Climb in the truck." The happy priest climbed into the passenger seat and the truck driver continued down the road. Suddenly, the truck driver saw a lawyer walking down the road.
Instinctively he swerved to hit him. At the last moment he remembered there was a priest in the truck with him, so he swerved back to the road and narrowly missed the lawyer.
Certain he should've missed the lawyer, the truck driver was very surprised and immediately uneasy when he heard a loud "THUMP". He felt really guilty about his actions and so turned to the priest and said, "I'm really sorry Father. I almost hit that lawyer."
"That's okay," replied the priest. "I got him with the door."

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
This just infuriates me. You are standing in line.. say at the grocery store. There is an old lady that is standing there watching the stuff get ringed up.
Then at the end.. when the total is told, she will dig into her purse and finally drag out a checkbook. Then start searching for a pen. The check out lady offers one. Nope! Gotta keep looking - "I got one in here" Finally she starts writing out the check. OMFG! I swear she is writing her life's story. For the love of GOD... how long does it take to write a check?
AND MORE IMPORTANTLY: Why not get the damn check book out and fill in everything but the amount?
I've seen this more times than I can take anymore.:hammer::hammer::hammer:
This was an old lady? How old? Maybe it doesn't matter.. you said old.

How long does it take to write out a check for a woman who is elderly (and probably lucky enough to still be getting out and about on her own?)
Possibly a while.

Arthritic hands, forgetfulness, thinking she could rely on the patience of others in this world of ours all comes into play.
How on earth could anyone get so frustrated when you have some beautiful little soul doing what she needs to do?

Why didn't you offer her a pen Tom? :brows::biggrin:

tsaw

GOLD Site Supporter
Not All Lawyers Are Thieves
A group of dinner guests were blaming all of America’s troubles on lawyers when a woman said, “They aren’t all so bad. Why, last year a lawyer gave me $1000.”
“I don’t believe it,” the host responded.
“It’s true, I swear it,” said the woman. “I had a complicated personal injury case and what with the lawyer’s fee, the cost of expert witnesses, the expense of the appeal and so on, my bill was $41,000. When the judgment only amounted to $40,000, my lawyer simply forgave the difference.”

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
It took longer to read this BS than it takes me to write a whole month's worth of checks.:hammer::yum::yum:

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I must be lucky as I rarely come in behind a check writer.

I do however always seem to get the person that has to complete the transaction with exact change. The total is $14.96. Instead of handing over the $10 and $5 you have showing, they dig through the bottom of their purse looking for (4) $1's and 96 cents in change.

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
What pisses me off more than anything is the people that have to have 4 piles of stuff and each pile has to be written up separately. Then they have to have it packed separately blah blah blah. And then this will really piss you off Tsaw cause they write 4 different checks and balance their checkbook right there.:hammer::hammer:

rback33

Hangin in Tornado Alley
SUPER Site Supporter
People still write checks? You should have seen the stack of debit card receipts I just put in my register today... of course my register is a spreadsheet backed up on google docs... while reconciling everything online I found where K-Mart hit my account three times for the same purchase... already alerted them and told them I would be watching for the credits to show up.... ironically today I do have to write the 2 checks a month I normally write... rent and my personal cell phone bill to my sis since I am on her phone plan...