• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

STEEL Tracked TUCKERS

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
Hi guys,
I am curious on how to properly adjust the steel tracks on Tuckers. I have heard you bend an adjustment plate? Anyway I am curious. Heres a picture of a Tucker with steel tracks:

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
here:thumb:

Attachments

• Picture 104.png
    Picture 104.png
    294.5 KB · Views: 203

Vance

Hmmm, how do I say this.... RTFM!!!

:pat:

:poke:

Okay, I'm no expert but the instructions are on page 10 of this manual. Seems that there was a better pic of the tool somewhere on this site.

Basically you "tweak" (technical term) the connecting links to slightly shorten them and if you do enough of them then the track gets a little shorter.

On the later pontoons (like the one pictured), there were adjustment plates on the end of the pontoon that esentially made the pontoon longer to adjust out the slack.

hth,

Vance

Attachments

• snocatmanual timwafer.pdf
    763.3 KB · Views: 114

mtntopper

Back On Track
SUPER Site Supporter
Hi guys,
I am curious on how to properly adjust the steel tracks on Tuckers. I have heard you bend an adjustment plate? Anyway I am curious. Heres a picture of a Tucker with steel tracks:

Snowcat Ops, if you closely at the front of the pontoon in your pic, you will see this one appears to have track adjusters built on the front of the pontoon assembly. The 1950 Tucker 443 that mbsieg and I purchased recently also has track adjusters. Some of the older steel track Tuckers either were retrofitted or came from the factory with them.

For the ones without track adjusters you tweak the links (bend) with a special tool or bar type setup to achieve your desired track tension. Somewhere there is a post on the forum explaining the way to tension the steel tracks that do not have adjusters.

Our 1950 Tucker 443 has adjusters on both the front and rear of the pontoon as seen as an orange color in the pic below.

Tucker 1950 443 (Medium).jpg

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
Thanks. I am just curious. I have heard something about bending a bar but wasnt sure what. I have never looked closely at a steel track Tucker before. Will this Tucker be ready for the 240 mile Expedition in January Mtntopper?

mtntopper

Back On Track
SUPER Site Supporter
Will this Tucker be ready for the 240 mile Expedition in January Mtntopper?

The 1950 Tucker 443 will most likely not be ready as it is being completely rebuilt and will be used as the "mother cat" for the 1960 Tucker Kitten I have already .....:yum: Hopefully we will have some parade material when they are both completed....:thumb:

I think mbsieg is looking at several options for the 240 mile snow cat trip cat. I have been too busy with other projects. He is working on details of a snow cat "top secret project " to be fabricated for the journey. He has not even let me in on his plans yet. I guess he will let us all know when the plans are completed. :idea:

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
I too am looking for the Grand Daddy of all Snowcats to possibly have for the Expedition. BUT it may come to late as well.