• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Cable TV Rant

Catavenger

SUPER Site Supporter
As if it isn't bad enough that Cable TV I PAY for has a bunch of commercials they also have a bunch of logos and junk on the screen.
I was trying to watch the Scorpion King and on the top right (my right) of the screen is a logo on the bottom right it says AMC on the left bottom "notes" pop up telling about how and where the movie was made. What a bunch of junk. I really don't care how or where the movie was made I just want to watch it! :(

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
I'm with you. I have Comcast. Xfinity. Or whatever they call themselves. The Internet is super fast. The phone service is clear and works well. The TV sucks. My wife enjoys it otherwise I would pull the plug on this money pit of a service.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I believe your gripe should be with the owner of the channel (in this case AMC). I don't believe it's your cable provider that adds all that crap.

But I'm with you. Displays over the content sucks.

jimbo

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I believe your gripe should be with the owner of the channel (in this case AMC). I don't believe it's your cable provider that adds all that crap.

I just switched frm Comcast to Fios, and the screen intrusions are now worse.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter

I think that you're right. It's one of the features that AMC advertises on certain movies they show. I think that it's called "Movie Notes". Damned annoying, almost as much as those "lower thirds" (advertising) that seem to have become the fashion lately. Whoever came up with that ought to be shot.

tommu56

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
cut the cord we did just before Christmas now its OTA and netflix amazon prime and We dont miss cable much we still have it for internet only.

I am looking at a HD homerun box to record some of the OTA programs but haven't made that step yet. it hooks to your antenna and you can watch on computer or tablet and record on a computer .http://www.silicondust.com/

tom

Catavenger

SUPER Site Supporter
I went most of my life without cable have had it less than a year. I don't drink or smoke. Can't drive or ride a bike or swim or shoot my guns any more due to a medical condition. Trying to lose weight (yeah right) to ugly to get any **** so the TV and internet the few things I can enjoy.