• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

is this a rant or a

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
raised brow moment.
i went to buy alcohol.

the guy carded me. i presented 2 forms. promptly.
he went & got my alcohol.
why is my not over-tanning, & my using spf 50, not having wrinkles, frown lines, or not having to buy foundations to hide those non-existant wrinkles make me hafta provide 2 forms of i.d. to the new guy!
i get that he's new. i see that he's anxious.
geez, tho, man. i'm 32! not 20.

yet i'm slightly flattered, in that he considerd me not old.

it's irritating, tho, when they hire a new guy that is too fretful. i'm used to them havin' my usual purchase on their brain. be that a sammich or be that enough to supply a crowd--

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
there will come a day you'll wish they would do that again. Wait till you are never carded and they go so far as to laugh at the suggestion of carding you. That's the feeling I am all to aware of.

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
my genes play into this. my Mom, the 1 that owned not 1 wrinkle, got those botox injections.
she looked same as she was- bea-uitful.
doc, i have requested places card me.
to erase that thought of, 'i'm old.'

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
btw, doc- i have heard so many times that i have this baby-like voice.

i'll take my girly-girl self. i'll still drink a guy under the table.

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
I'll tell you why. My bud owns a very large liquor store in Chicago.
His entire livelihood depends on him having his retail liquor license.
Two strikes, and he's out. He would not a have the ability to get another liquor license in Illinois and probably anywhere else.

If they look under 40, they get carded. Simple.

The cops set up stings, and bust operators. They pay fines, and once they get a ticket, the cops are stinging constantly.

He knows - he got dinged once for a cashier selling cigarettes to a friend minor. If his bank found out, they may have even pulled his loc. Then what? May as well get dinged twice. He had a rough ride for 6 months, was a nervous wreck.

You can try flatter yourself with your youth, but it has nothing to do with it. It ain't about you. It's about the owner protecting his business.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Heck, I'm 66-years old with a grey beard and got carded twice in New Mexico last year. I assure you it had nothing to do with being underage. It seems that they have a law whereby if you have a DUI, you are not allowed to but alcohol. They're just checking that it's legal for you to buy a 6-pack at the grocery store. At least that was how it was explained to me.

Some of these alcohol related laws are really strange.

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
I'll tell you why. My bud owns a very large liquor store in Chicago.
His entire livelihood depends on him having his retail liquor license.
Two strikes, and he's out. He would not a have the ability to get another liquor license in Illinois and probably anywhere else.

If they look under 40, they get carded. Simple.

The cops set up stings, and bust operators. They pay fines, and once they get a ticket, the cops are stinging constantly.

He knows - he got dinged once for a cashier selling cigarettes to a friend minor. If his bank found out, they may have even pulled his loc. Then what? May as well get dinged twice. He had a rough ride for 6 months, was a nervous wreck.

You can try flatter yourself with your youth, but it has nothing to do with it. It ain't about you. It's about the owner protecting his business.

that's the law in many places. i know places get stung. many places, u plain 'ol know better than to try & get served sans i.d.. this is 1 of those places. being glad that i look way less than i could is not flattering myself- it's that i'm glad 'bout something.
he's not the 1st to card me, tho. once they needed i.d. fer me to get ice. most won't listen when i say i'm in my 30's. in general conversation, due to my voice. at gatherings, or when being introduced. at the salon, over the phone.....
it is flattering, yep, except it's also fact.

Last edited: