• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

robins

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
at least 2 this week & now i think 3 have flown directly into my (closed) windows, injure themselves & then they're gonners. it's sad. me & the locals just bumped into each other & the one girl got it to perch on her (she'd better scrub like a surgeon), then he just went ka-put. i think they're looking 4 a place to perch, can't see thru the leaves, & it's extra :sad: as this one was there for hours & the 1 went a few feet before he couldn't get any further.
so, i wanna know- how can i keep them away~ thanx

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Don't know how to keep the robins away Aubs, but have noticed a few dead under my window near the patio.
Could have been cats around here or whatever.
Noticed some nesting and thriving already above a/c window units where I work.

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
Don't know how to keep the robins away Aubs, but have noticed a few dead under my window near the patio.
Could have been cats around here or whatever.
Noticed some nesting and thriving already above a/c window units where I work.

they may well be attempting to nest. they just zoom @ those windows, huh~ or the kitties could be leaving u a 'gift'. i woke the other day from the thud of one hitting the window. we have a stray on the block, tho these guys were def running into the windows. hm. im'ma hafta check in the room w/ the a/c in it to see if they're nesting there.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I think the reason the ones are nesting now at work is because the new a/c units are right under the eaves, and high enough up that the birds feel safe nesting there.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
My one pair is attempting to rebuild a nest that either blew down or the cats got to. They do fly into windows a lot. I have found keeping the drapes closed is the only thing that helps stop that.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Putting something in or on the windows should stop them.
Stand outside and look at/through your windows. Generally speaking, you won't see anything (depending on the sun and time of day). They don't see anything either and see it as an opening. Something shiny (aluminum foil) or close curtains or something bright will make them aware. If you don't want them at all, get an owl decoy and place it nearby (outside). That will keep the birds (and snakes, mice...) away if you move the decoy around every week or so.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Decals onthe windows work very well.

I have two full grown trees inside my house. The birds fly right into the windows trying to get to them. Decals of butterlies and flowers seem to prevent this. Static cling versions are available at pet and hobby shops. Walmart.

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
i have decals of snowflakes on the 2 windows they run into, franc. (i keep 'em on all year).
i use potted plants rather than drapes, blinds or curtains. u cannot see in thru them as i'm on the 2nd floor & the windows have a plethora of leaves in front of them.
bczoom, i agree- i was gonna try pie plates.
thanx, guys