• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

snow trac st4 for sale

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Well that is an oddity for an ST4, wide tracks and no fenders

Of course you understand it was not built that way originally.

My guess is that at some point the fenders were damaged, and the owner decided to just cut them off, rather than replace. To make this machine correct for it's year, it would involve making new fenders. Not to mention that it would improve visibility from snow dust..

Regards, Kirk

Nikson

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter

My guess is that at some point the fenders were damaged, and the owner decided to just cut them off, rather than replace. To make this machine correct for it's year, it would involve making new fenders. Not to mention that it would improve visibility from snow dust..

Regards, Kirk

always loved the look of the wide track "sno-master" or what was the right name?

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
always loved the look of the wide track "sno-master" or what was the right name?

Yes this is the snow master or an ST4B model number..

If I live were you do, I might have to have the B model. But here we don't get much "deep and steep" so a standard ST4 is more my cup of tea.

Regards, Kirk

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter

Regards, Kirk

Yup, you correctly identified it as a wide track ST4B Snow Master.

Interior looks to be in very good condition. Replace the trimmed down fenders with replacements/reproductions, use a cut off wheel on that roof basket, fix a few other bits here and there and it looks like it would be back to near original condition.

Attachments

• 00c12a8b-af1e-4c54-8283-98faa31aceec.JPG.png
    00c12a8b-af1e-4c54-8283-98faa31aceec.JPG.png
    698.4 KB · Views: 1,530
  • ad24ec97-5da4-4ff8-99ed-66e25030a1c2.jpg
    ad24ec97-5da4-4ff8-99ed-66e25030a1c2.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 1,536
  • bb6e0dee-4929-4b97-8aa7-e66d38af3628.jpg.png
    bb6e0dee-4929-4b97-8aa7-e66d38af3628.jpg.png
    584.9 KB · Views: 1,512
  • c12413a2-8cbe-43ba-bcd6-17d2c3eba900.jpg
    c12413a2-8cbe-43ba-bcd6-17d2c3eba900.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 1,491
  • 9e239023-0c0a-4466-95bf-43321d54f46a.jpg.png
    9e239023-0c0a-4466-95bf-43321d54f46a.jpg.png
    433.6 KB · Views: 1,548

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I need Lyndon's input to confirm, but I think there is something up with this machine. the inner belts are asymmetric, I am not sure that is normal.....

Leadejon

GOLD Site Supporter
I'm waiting to hear back from the owner. What's your guys professional observation on it? How these heat with the fan cooled vw motor?

DAVENET

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Just the opposite. I believe I remember someone (Utahwilson??) saying that the wide herringbone track liked to try to walk itself out of the track on firm snow because of the extra grip. But may be mistaken? Would be pretty easy to put the flat aluminum fenders back on there. And everyone says there's enough heat to keep the back door open if you wanted, unless sub zero.

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter

Regards, Kirk
Kirk some of the early ones were that way.

Just the opposite. I believe I remember someone (Utahwilson??) saying that the wide herringbone track liked to try to walk itself out of the track on firm snow because of the extra grip. But may be mistaken? Would be pretty easy to put the flat aluminum fenders back on there. And everyone says there's enough heat to keep the back door open if you wanted, unless sub zero.

I had an elderly sno-trac with ice cleats on regular width tracks - could not turn on something like a lawn and had to carefully negotiated a turn on packed snow or it would walk right out of it's tracks - happened so often that I was able to walk the track back on in seconds most times - it did become very annoying though

Leadejon

GOLD Site Supporter
Anybody know we're this cat might be? Its around Las Vegas is all I know. Jim at Peterson equipment posted it for the owners on consignment and I only got an email with his phone number and when I finally got ahold of him on the phone he didn't know much and was going to get more info, and now he won't return any calls or emails.

couchloafer

SUPER Site Supporter
Tracks appear to have been shortened for width and then swapped left for right. Generally they cut the exterior band off to get to the required maximum width for transportation. Have never seen anyone go to the trouble of shortening the width and then swapping them to go right back to the factory outside width. A Lot of work for what?