• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Homeland on Showtime

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I watched the 1st season of Homeland 6 seasons ago when it started. Then I dropped showtime and never saw it again until recently.

I dropped direct TV even though I loved it. But their prices were going up up up. I was paying $140 without HBO or showtime or any what they call premium channels. I asked for DIY and they wanted to charge me 7 bucks more a month.

Time Warner / Spectrum already had my internet so I was able to add TV with DVR's for 70 additional. So I dropped Direct TV saving 140, and added 70 to my bill with Spectrum and got both HBO, Showtime, DIY, Big Ten channel and lots more that were not included on the direct tv package. Pretty kewl. Plus with all the on demand stuff I have been able to catch up on Homeland.

I do enjoy this show. But now I'm up to season 6 and it must have came out before the election last year. They have a character in it "madam President Elect". I think they were pretty sure Hillary would win. It does take away from the show for me. Seasons 1 to 5 were captivating. Season 6 so far is bland to so so.

What do you think of Homeland?

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I know it's on my line-up of a billion channels, but have yet to watch it.
That said, I don't watch a lot of tv unless I get internet bored.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I "had" Showtime and Homeland season 6 was so bad I dropped Showtime altogether. In that season, it was our government being portrayed as the bad guys in the US vs. terrorists.

For under $10/month, we just switched to Netflix (and have Amazon Prime TV as well) so we have several other watching options.