• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Run up to Stampede Pass

PJL

Today we took the cat up to Stampede Pass and had lunch at the weather station. We had some media folks with us to do a story, a couple new guys to train on the cat and a gob of snow machines of all types.

The cat ran really well. I had adjusted the steering bands and it made a huge difference. Very quick and responsive steering now. Before it was pull the stick and wonder if the beast was ever gonna turn.

Runs very cool too. The diff temp barely reads anything and the engine might creep up to 160 after an hour of running hard up a hill.

Pics attached for your pleasure. I spotted a variety of cats parked and stashed along the road including the elusive Astro-Spryte. Probably never before seen in the wild. It looks to be the unlikely marriage of a Spryte and half of a van.

Attachments

• IMG_1624.jpg
    IMG_1624.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 353
  • IMG_1625.jpg
    IMG_1625.jpg
    125.1 KB · Views: 352
  • IMG_1628.jpg
    IMG_1628.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 352
  • IMG_1619.jpg
    IMG_1619.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 352
  • IMG_1615.jpg
    IMG_1615.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 346
  • IMG_1618.jpg
    IMG_1618.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 347
  • IMG_1617.jpg
    IMG_1617.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 343
  • IMG_1616.jpg
    IMG_1616.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 342

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I seen it on the news. good story
it looked like you took the tv people along.
jim

Last edited:

PJL

They did ride with us. I had 2 reporters and 2 photographers from 2 different TV stations. They shot lots of video. Then only used a few seconds of it. I even let the reporters drive it.

FTG-05

Last time I was at Stampede Pass, I went through the tunnel. All the rail looked like spagetti since someone burned all the railroad ties. Looked like they were decommissioning the line. Don't know since I left shortly thereafter.

I miss the mountains of WW, Boeing Surplus; but not the traffic nor the cost of living. And forget the rain.

Back to the thread.....

Helmsman38

Member Formerly Known As Kristi KT7
GOLD Site Supporter
There's four cats that should be able to make it to the Snow cat Jamboree in Leavenworth the weekend of Feb 19th RIGHT ? :hammer::hammer::biggrin:

PJL

I'm planning on bringing the yellow one. The others... Well they aren't mine.