• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

On the East Coast dying for pics

The Sweet Wbj1

I am 30 miles North of Atlanta. We had our AC on for the whole week of Christmas. I keep thinking one of you lucky dogs out West will post up some pics or videos of y'all out snowcattin around. Instead, y'all are being a bunch of slackers! :brows:

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Middle West states are lacking snow too. Finally got proper winter temps, but only light snow. No snowcatting near me!

Looking forward to the Canucks :flagcan: and the folks in the northwest posting some snowcat adventures.

Well it has been a fairly warm winter in this part of Alaska too but I have managed to put in about 140 hours of seat time.

Attachments

• SAM_1657.jpg
    SAM_1657.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 350
  • SAM_1669.jpg
    SAM_1669.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 344
  • SAM_1652.jpg
    SAM_1652.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 354

Track Addict

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Thankless job making those beautiful trails smooth. Big thanks from then snowmobile community!

caldonia

We have good snow in Jackson Hole. My
Nodwell is a multi tasking cat. I bought it to groom my sleigh trails at Jackson Hole Vintage Adventures but it does double duty when floating the river in shoulder seasons. Work great to retreave our wooden dories when there is too much snow to drive a truck/trailer to the river bank.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 335

Red130

Grooming the ski trails on Wednesday. This one's a road, but we also have some narrow trails where the PB just barely fits, and some where it doesn't. San Juan Mtns, CO.

Attachments

• 20151227_091509.jpg
    20151227_091509.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 325

Red130

Where are you in the San Juans? My place is just South of Montrose.

We're over on the other end, west of the San Luis Valley, east of Wolf Creek. San Juan Nordic Club. We have some trails on the Rio Grande National Forest. We've got some pretty good ideas for expanding our grooming, just waiting on Forest Service approval. Probably be in time for the 2016-17 winter.

The San Juans are a big range. Driving from our place to Durango, or to Montrose, we're reminded how long they run east/west.

Track Addict

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Here is some east coast tucker action for you. Live from Massachusetts!

Out on the tucker proving grounds testing.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    149.5 KB · Views: 292
Views from the office this week.

Attachments

• SAM_1664.jpg
    SAM_1664.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 256
  • SAM_1669.jpg
    SAM_1669.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 260
  • SAM_1671.jpg
    SAM_1671.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 263

jp11

Well.. I did 5 hours grooming in Maine yesterday. Trail master told me I was EXCAVATING more than I was grooming. I stand by my decision to go out. I filled in some low holes, and popped out plenty of stumps and rocks.

I also found a few weak spots in the drag. :unsure:

Found a pivot bolt (big 1" bolt) that had egged out the hole on the drag, then snapped the bolt. Got a nice piece of schedule 40 steel and fixed that right up.

I mounted a piece of plate for a my rear view camera. love that setup.

All in all.. if you can go grooming for 5 hours on virgin trail no one has been on in 8 months or so.... you don't have to winch, only use the chainsaw.... it was a great day grooming.

Studs in the tracks made a huge difference. Icy ledge would have had me winching for sure without them.

JP

Attachments

• IMGA0520.jpg
    IMGA0520.jpg
    182.6 KB · Views: 225

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
that is known as an asv track truck. I haven't ever been a big fan of them he has done a nice job on his there is one running around here it seems to be pretty reliable.

Snowcat Pat

Good start to winter.
-Pat

Attachments

• wobbley gets left behind.jpg
    wobbley gets left behind.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 180
  • Clouds 1st deep powder trip to Cat peak.jpg
    Clouds 1st deep powder trip to Cat peak.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 180
  • headin' up Goose.jpg
    headin' up Goose.jpg
    158.1 KB · Views: 175
  • no words needed.jpg
    no words needed.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 175
  • no hurry home.jpg
    no hurry home.jpg
    223.2 KB · Views: 178

wpelk

Playing in about 48" of snow this weekend. Northeastern Nevada.

Attachments

• IMG_8097.jpg
    IMG_8097.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 115
  • IMG_8148.jpg
    IMG_8148.jpg
    200.3 KB · Views: 122
  • IMG_8149.jpg
    IMG_8149.jpg
    203.7 KB · Views: 117