• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Midwest Cat CLOWDER 2016

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Here!

Staying on site.

Arriving Thursday stopping at the St Germain Show on the way.

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Me to!

Winter is going to dump about a foot of snow here Tuesday. After we dig out, I am heading North, to Bait guys place to road trip up with him...

Regards, Kirk

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
In the roll call dept.
Snow Shadow, has accepted work and moved out of the area.

In a strange twist of fate, we may benefit from his departure, the better "much more fun" half is attending in his absence....:w00t2:

Snow Grooming magazine has a new owner as well and is doubtful.

as proof that the Clowder is irresistible, there is unofficial SGM confirmation of attendance.:w00t2:

Two [U]now updated to (.5 ) [/U]class acts that will be missed dearly, but we shall press on in their absence.

I am taking a mental health day today to prepare that portable beverage distribution system that was broken last year.:brows:

:w00t2:

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Re: Midwest Cat CLOWDER 2016 (lodging update)

having attended the clowder in the past. I highly recommend grabbing a house from the resort association. great value and very convenient. with that said, It appears we are going to overflow our house and was I looking to avoid the short drive to town I inquired with that Newly reopened Hotel on the east end of the village.
Here is what I found:
The name is Powder horn MILL. I spoke with colleen.

They have lowers and uppers available.

a Lower is a 4 person deal, it is $60 has a kitchenette and two queen beds.
a Upper is similar sleeps 6 and has a loft. 2 queens and a pull out or another queen. $100

I am hoping to grab a upper for overflow as it appears our group may very well out grow our house...

If memory serves me correct that facility is close to the second stop on the saturday night parade laps. (the live music stop) Alpin or alpine inn?

Just a FYI to get the fence sitters another option:flowers:

mbsieg

awful member
GOLD Site Supporter
Anyone on the I-90 to hwy 23 route from WY want to carpool? I am interested but not sure I want to go it alone? Anywhere along the route.

NE-Iowa

You are Welcome to ride with me from Iowa if it is not too much of a detour for you!

Frederique B.

Anyone on the I-90 to hwy 23 route from WY want to carpool? I am interested but not sure I want to go it alone? Anywhere along the route.

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Re: Midwest Cat CLOWDER 2016 (lodging update)

having attended the clowder in the past. I highly recommend grabbing a house from the resort association. great value and very convenient. with that said, It appears we are going to overflow our house and was I looking to avoid the short drive to town I inquired with that Newly reopened Hotel on the east end of the village.
Here is what I found:
The name is Powder horn MILL. I spoke with colleen.

They have lowers and uppers available.

a Lower is a 4 person deal, it is $60 has a kitchenette and two queen beds.
a Upper is similar sleeps 6 and has a loft. 2 queens and a pull out or another queen. $100

I am hoping to grab a upper for overflow as it appears our group may very well out grow our house...

If memory serves me correct that facility is close to the second stop on the saturday night parade laps. (the live music stop) Alpin or alpine inn?

Just a FYI to get the fence sitters another option:flowers:

(906) 285 9112 is the number for the powder mill

100MPH

Here!

Snomad and I will be heading up on Thursday for the entire Midwest Cat CLOWDER 2016. We are staying at Travelers Motel in Bessemer. Hope to get in the area by 11:00.

Looked at the forecast lows may be in the single digits. Looks to be a good time.:smile:

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter

Why not meet at I90 and I35 intersection, Albert Lea Minn.?

We are going North there on our way to Bait Guy's place. From there we have discovered the quickest way up is to fallow I35 to Duluth, then East on State road 2 I believe, through Ashland. Nice drive with views of Lake Superior along the way...

We leave here Thursday morning.

Regards, Kirk

mbsieg

awful member
GOLD Site Supporter
Why not meet at I90 and I35 intersection, Albert Lea Minn.?

We are going North there on our way to Bait Guy's place. From there we have discovered the quickest way up is to fallow I35 to Duluth, then East on State road 2 I believe, through Ashland. Nice drive with views of Lake Superior along the way...

We leave here Thursday morning.

Regards, Kirk
Yes that is doable. It is the 800 miles before that point that I was hoping to get a driving partner. I work one of my jobs wed, so the earliest that I could leave is wed at 7 pm. It is not looking like it is in the cards. Have a good time guys!!

night-owl

GOLD Site Supporter
so gas is cheap ! now is the time to head to the Clowder !
You don't want to Miss Out !!

NE-Iowa

Checked in at Powderhorn Mill. Nice clean accommodation and the lady is very nice!
Thank you for the recommendation Mike!
St Germain Groomer show was Awesome. I got to drive a Tucker, Pitsen Bully and Prinoth. Amazing machines, especially the Prinoth!

There was also an amazing looking restored vintage Tucker.

Looking forward to whatever the rest of this weekend might bring, and to meeting a lot of cat minded people!

Attachments

• 20160204_133758.jpg
    20160204_133758.jpg
    126.8 KB · Views: 236
  • 20160204_125435.jpg
    20160204_125435.jpg
    130.2 KB · Views: 228
  • 20160204_122006.jpg
    20160204_122006.jpg
    121.6 KB · Views: 232
  • 20160204_112724.jpg
    20160204_112724.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 236

Kristi Kt-4

Checked in at Powderhorn Mill. Nice clean accommodation and the lady is very nice!
Thank you for the recommendation Mike!
St Germain Groomer show was Awesome. I got to drive a Tucker, Pitsen Bully and Prinoth. Amazing machines, especially the Prinoth!

There was also an amazing looking restored vintage Tucker.

Looking forward to whatever the rest of this weekend might bring, and to meeting a lot of cat minded people!

:wow: ..... I wonder if the owner will sell the Tucker 343a for the 1965 price since it is at the groomer show? There might even be a show special! :w00t2:

I was there yesterday.... I drove the Snow Rabbit 3 and the Prinoth Husky. Very cool and capable machines! :biggrin: The Rabbit was on its way to Colorado for delivery and took a slight detour. Get-Sno Equipment in Vermont is currently the only US dealer for the Italian machine. It has a 99 hp Kubota diesel engine, 12 way blade, tiller, and tracksetter attachments.

When you were at the groomer show a few of us were getting a jump start on the Clowder in the Powder festivities...... Let the party begin! :clap:

Attachments

• 20160203_105722.jpg
    20160203_105722.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 236
  • 20160203_105806.jpg
    20160203_105806.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 234
  • 20160204_150039.jpg
    20160204_150039.jpg
    123.9 KB · Views: 232

undy

I'm gonna miss this one. Enjoy the snow, you lucky ***s.

Living vicariously down here in slush-land, so thanks for the photos. Please keep 'em coming.

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
The trip up. Stopped at Yehti's place to grab more hardware....

took a few minutes to work on the cat, while he was finishing flogging a New tucker on the 100 Mile Safari trails.... the Spyte is looking spiffy (we got the lights) ....

Attachments

• DSC03499 (Small).JPG
    DSC03499 (Small).JPG
    26.1 KB · Views: 187
  • DSC03500 (Small).JPG
    DSC03500 (Small).JPG
    17.2 KB · Views: 186

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Undy, you missed a 10" powder day

Yes this was intended to hurt your feelingssssssssszzzzzzzzzz...

Sorry you are not going to make it.... I just got out of the 275. I got to drive and till and groom.... I can't believe the capability of those grooming machines...

undy

Mike,

Aaarrggghhhh! And I just got new (and fatter) powder skis too!! It's okay. I deserved that. It just leaves that much more snow for you guys though.

I too am sorry to miss the fun. But my wife's in Costa Rica for the week and I'm the only one left to take care of animals. I guess there's always next year, but it seems like I say that way too often.

Frankly, I'm just glad to be sitting here typing this morning. This old guy dodged another bullet. I hit a groomer rut and blew out of a ski last night going way too fast and managed to NOT slam myself into the ice. :doh:

So please keep the news and pictures coming. They are most appreciated!!:clap:

NE-Iowa

Truly a blast with a genuinely amazing bunch. I heard you were on your way! Sorry you didn't make it.
Looking forward to meeting you in 11worth!
Frederique B.

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
sooooooooooooooo, did you guys have FUN!

Well in a word. YES!

The goal of the event is fun. Our host is Big Powder Horn and they do an amazing job herding cats!

Attendees moved in as early as Tuesday and All Stayed to the end Sunday forgoing Super bowl festivities to Ski, Cat and Converse.

There are photos and Videos forth coming.

The Goal of the Trail Ride (Friday) is to find a Over the Snow way to Lake superior......

Till I can focus, (and do that with my eyes open) rub out some of these seldom used skiing muscles.. here is the result of the Goal.

Attachments

• DSC03547 (Small).JPG
    DSC03547 (Small).JPG
    72.4 KB · Views: 268

night-owl

GOLD Site Supporter
What a Blast :wow:By far the most fun I have had with my machine in years & I have had a lot of fun !! THANKS to a great group for making us newbees feel like old friends , & THANKS to BIG POWDERHORN for being a great host !! You don't get to do this stuff everyday!
~~steve&julie~~

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xI4zeldInw&feature=youtu.be

This was I am sure was ment to be posted in this years thread, instead of last years event....

Drones do take wonderful pictures now don't they? :biggrin:

I had a great time once again. :biggrin: Warm temps compared to last year were not a bad thing either..

Thanks to all the new attendance, and the machines they brought. Fit in with us? How could they not..... :yum: They like snow cats... :wink:

Hats off to the Coot Bruce and the crew at the Big Powder Horn. They provide a wonderful place to host this event.

Great time for all. There was a small incident when a steel grouser, rubber tracked Tucker slid sideways off a slick trailer deck. Lesson learned, you need that trailer parked on very level ground when you load. No harm, no foul... all is good.

Regards, Kirk

Bait Guy

Well, really I planned to slid off the top of the trailer for ONE reason. Yep, I wanted a award but I should have slid off the night before instead of Saturday night. Needless to say many cocktails followed that ordeal.................

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Sorry if they are huge.:flowers:

Attachments

• 20160206_165037.jpg
    20160206_165037.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 238
  • 2016020595162639.jpg
    2016020595162639.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 242
  • 20160206_181043.jpg
    20160206_181043.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 240

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
awehell snows locked and loaded, or peek a booh photo.:whistling:

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    187.2 KB · Views: 238

Bait Guy

Here's some photos I took along the way.

Attachments

• clowder1.jpg
    clowder1.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 235
  • clowder2.jpg
    clowder2.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 235
  • clowder3.jpg
    clowder3.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 242
  • clowder4.jpg
    clowder4.jpg