• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

post election letter from mother to daughter

CityGirl

Silver Member
SUPER Site Supporter
LETTER FROM BELINDA'S MOTHER
Hi Beebee - Glad to see you made it thru the election events.
Your comments just got me to thinking about what has just happened in this election. Well I guess it doesn't matter much now what we think. For years I have feared then day when 'there gets to be more of them than there is of us'. I don't mean Black either ! I mean those who are so self-serving and stand with their hands out to grab off their 'rights' and freebies. It has almost happened a few times in the past but we managed to squeak by and save the country from a land-office lottery. Once we have lost control it is most likely we will never get it back - at least in my lifetime. At my age just about all they can do is annoy me - at yours they can beat you down with rules, regulations, and taxes. The new Capital gains 'change' can strip from you everything that I have worked for and saved for your future.

Already we have lost a third of the value of our savings and stocks, now if ever we can sell them we lose in taxes. Thru the years we have managed, thru a great deal of hard work, self-denial, and investment accumulate some real estate to pass on to you children. Now the proposed 'death tax' will rob you of everything I worked for you to have.

I am sorry - so sorry. The way it turned out, we should have just worked enough to provide for your basic needs, stayed home with you more, not involved ourselves in community affairs, and lived for the moment with any excess dollars we might have had. The ultimate financial outcome would have been the same but maybe at least we could have been better parents. We were busy serving our customers, taking care of our patients, working to improve the community, sometimes to the detriment of our family. I guess we were just of the 'old school' where we were taught to be self-sufficient, save for the future, give back to the community , take care of your family and all would be well.

I really do not resent any group, black -white, young-old having a chance to succeed. Everyone deserves that but for us older folks, the rules changed in the middle of the game and because of this 'change' our world has been turned upside down. Our generation was built on the depression era of our Fathers and those fears and ideals we tried to pass on to your generation.

I do not mean to cause you anxiety or depression but these are simply the facts for thousands of seniors in the new and 'CHANGED' society. This transition to 'Change' will be most disconcerting. It is almost like suddenly finding out 'there is no God'. You lose everything you ever believed in................. Love, Mother

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
BTW Beebee ............... there will be no inheritance. Your Father and I are going to spend it all before we go. It wouldn't be any good to you anyway and we figure we deserve it.

Sincerely,

Mother

mtntopper

Back On Track
SUPER Site Supporter
The letter explains what is likely to happen in the future to us mature citizens that grew up working for what we have now and will just lose it or hand it over to those who never had to make a sacrifice to make a living and raise a family. The young adults starting out will pay the ultimate price for many years to come if many of the proposed policies/laws/taxes are enacted into law to give to the many from the few.............:furious:

Great post CG..........:thumb::thumb::thumb: