• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

New Home for Mtn Tracks 443

I'm the very proud new owner of Mtn-Track's 1953 Tucker 443 (with 1978 1400 series track carriers). I can't believe how lucky I feel to now be the new caretaker of this beautiful machine and the history that proceeds it! She's already the new pride of Red Cliff - I've had friends and neighbors crawling all over her Sunday and Monday. I owe a special shout-out to fellow forum member Tom, who purchased my 443A, for calling me at work to alert me to the for-sale listing last Monday!

The restoration that Stu did with this Tucker is a work of art - no detail has been overlooked. :thumb:

Knowing this Tucker Sno-Cat is staying in the State of Colorado where it served as a Search and Rescue vehicle for many years in Larimer County brings even greater pride. As Mtn-Track said - "you should have seen some of missions this cat was involved in".

Mtn-Track posted a link to the restoration on the for sale posting - here it is again, definitely worth another read

http://www.forumsforums.com/3_9/showthread.php?t=41808

Thanks Stu for making the purchase very pleasurable - I promise to take care of your masterpiece for years to come.

Here's some pictures I took today along the Rio Grand Western/U.P. railroad grade in Red Cliff.

Mark

PS - I'm out of the 'ol doghouse for selling my better half's '63 443A when we brought this one home :flowers:

Attachments

• New Cat 2.jpg
    New Cat 2.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 216
  • New Cat 3.jpg
    New Cat 3.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 214
  • New Cat 4.jpg
    New Cat 4.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 217
  • New Cat 5.jpg
    New Cat 5.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 223
  • New Cat 6.jpg
    New Cat 6.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 217
  • New Cat 7.jpg
    New Cat 7.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 217
Last edited:

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
I'm not a big tucker fan but if I had the money and opportunity I think I would have snagged that one up it is a work of art. the track conversion is about the best thing that could have happened to a nice looking steel track machine.

tom

GOLD Site Supporter
That is a beautiful machine. I'll be up to see it up close. My goal is to take your old cat to that next level.

Thanks for the comment folks - yeah she's doing well, got really warm up here - around 45 degrees when I took the pictures. Snow is pretty heavy, but the 'ol girl tracked right though, engine temps were fine.

Blackfoot Tucker

GOLD Site Supporter
Congratulations Mark!

I'm glad you're the new owner. Such a nice machine going to someone who appreciates it and will take care of it. I'm sure Mtn Track is pleased as well!

One of the best looking machines on the forum for sure! I've read the rebuild thread many times over in the last six months since I found the forum. Congratulations!