• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Big snow storm hitting Northern Utah

utahwilson

Expecting 3-5' of snow in Northern Utah. Just so happens our cabin appears to be smack in the middle of these storms. :clap: And of course I have to go to Toronto on Sunday for a week. :glare:

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
rub it in 20 degrees wind and no dang snow I can't wait for this winter to be over.

undy

Expecting 3-5' of snow in Northern Utah.
Yeah, and that's prime Wasatch powder too, I'll bet. :wow: I'm jealous.

Last time I skied up the canyons from SLC, we were literally in powder up to our necks in places. Lightest stuff I'd ever been in, it was like skiing through goose down. It was impossible to get float from.

Blackfoot Tucker

GOLD Site Supporter
Went snowmobiling yesterday following the big storm. The snow was pretty darn good and quite deep in most places. But honestly until this storm we have been way below average in snowfall.

All of us have great sleds (Polaris Pro RMK 800's) which are extremely capable, yet we still manage to get stuck while "playing" in the trees.

But the avalanche danger is very high; last weekend two people were killed in Utah avalanches. We snowmobile in the Uinta Mountains and saw a large slide area on Currant Creek Peak. We went over there to check it out more closely and saw two guys on skis at the top - just under the fracture line. We chatted with them after they had skied out. They were from the Utah Avalanche Center; great guys who do an awesome job with avalanche safety/awareness.

Here's a link to some photos of the slide and their comments:
http://utahavalanchecenter.org/avalanches/20403

caldonia

Lots of snow in Jackson Hole. The"hose" is pointed right at us. More snow in the valley this past week than we have had all early winter and more coming. I've been grooming my sleigh trails with the Nodwell every day for the last week just to try to keep up.

Here's a look at my homemade grooming drag. Knocks the air out of the snow so it settles down nicely. I put a roller made from a log covered with a plastic drain pipe behind this rig to lay down "corduroy" for XC skiing.

I love making things out of junk.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 127