• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Insurance Question: How and Where can i get it?

2t2

I Have a 1968 Snow-Trac and my insurance guy is having a hard time getting me insurance.
Thanks

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
can't tell where you are from, but here in the upper midwest the association of Wisconsin snow mobile clubs (AWSC) gave me direction to groomer friendly inland marine policy's

teledawg

I insure my ST4B just like a piece of heavy equipment. You may have to find commercial insurance to do that.

teamster

My Tucker is insured as a piece of heavy equipment as well, here in Canada. Cost $64 a year, as a snowmobile they wanted $650.

Cidertom

Chionophile
GOLD Site Supporter
Mine is covered by a business policy. I specifically had it listed as a piece of equipment in usual use. A fine print note: I can't charge to get people to communication sites, but, I can "car pool" in my cat and be insured. Since I do Communication Maintenance most are happy to pay my rack rate to get to the site. The fact that I know what I'm doing (communication/towers/antennae) helps.

Looking forward (when I close the business next year) , the insurance agent I will be going to says we can get it insured as "recreation equipment" which is how they do sand rails, atv's etc. Country Companies

TEW

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I had snow plowing insurance but it could be hard with a snow trac