• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

DARRELL WARD, 'ICE ROAD TRUCKERS' TV SHOW STAR, KILLED IN MONTANA PLANE CRASH

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
DARRELL WARD, 'ICE ROAD TRUCKERS' TV SHOW STAR, KILLED IN MONTANA PLANE CRASH

http://abc11.com/entertainment/ice-road-truckers-tv-show-star-killed-in-plane-crash/1491015/

Tuesday, August 30, 2016 06:19PM
MISSOULA, Mont. -- A plane crash in western Montana killed a star of the History channel reality series "Ice Road Truckers" who was planning to film a pilot episode of a show about recovering plane wrecks.

Darrell Ward, 52, of Deer Lodge, died in the fiery crash Sunday on the shoulder of Interstate 90 southeast of Missoula, History spokeswoman Susan Ievoli confirmed Monday.

Pilot Mark Melotz appeared to be trying to land at a small airstrip when "something went drastically wrong," Missoula County sheriff's Capt. Bill Burt said Sunday.

Family and friends who were waiting for them said the airplane appeared to stall, then went through a stand of trees, hitting some of them, Burt said. Branches were thrown onto the highway.

Melotz, 56, of Arlee, bought the Cessna 182 on Friday, Burt said. He had flown the airplane to Missoula, where he picked up Ward.

"As best we know, it was a trip from Missoula to that airstrip to visit some friends," Burt said.

Ward appeared on five seasons of "Ice Road Truckers," which follows drivers taking supplies in big rigs across frozen lakes to work camps and remote towns. He drove in Alaska and Canada.

"We are saddened by the tragic loss of Darrell Ward, a beloved member of the HISTORY family," the channel said in a statement. "He will be greatly missed and our thoughts are with his family during this difficult time."

The National Transportation Safety Board and the Federal Aviation Administration are investigating the cause of the crash.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 384

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I only saw parts of one Ice Road Truckers show. Crazy chit. One would have to be a bit out there to do that IMO. We need those folks to make the world go round and entertain boring folks like me.

RIP.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
It's been years since I watched the show. The first couple of years it was on I believe. I do not remember him at all. Very sad tragedy.

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I am shocked. I watch the show with regularity. Darrell and Lisa were the newest "upstarts" as Darrel had started his own company with Lisa as his first hire.

This will change things around alot in the current show.

May he rest in peace.

Regards, Kirk

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
The past couple seasons they hauled the winter roads about 8 hours nw of where I live. My dad hauled on the same roads as them before he officially retired. Sad news.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

MrLiberty

Bronze Member
Site Supporter
When I had cable I watched a couple of shows but do not remember him. I remember Lisa though.

RIP.