• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

DMC/ golden oldies / Lombard

loggah

SUPER Site Supporter
Well i dug up a January 1981 issue of the Delorean new tracks newsletter,it has a little blurb about Lombards in it. Back in my past life while i worked at the Ski Area i was in charge of Vehicle maintenance , and at one of the Trade shows i Met John Delorean,He was an impressive guy,im 6'4" and i had to look up to him !!!i think he was probably 6'7" or so.I also think this was just before he got into trouble with the law. Some how we got talking about early snow vehicles and i brought up Lombard,well in the end this little blurb was the result. Heres the scan of the flyer. Don

large.jpg

large.jpg

large.jpg

large.jpg

loggah

SUPER Site Supporter
I had a whole drawer full and when i got sick of ski area politics i quit my job and heaved them.:sad: I kept a bunch of thiokol , bombardier,and pisten-bully manuals i gave them to the local snow groomer club last winter. This was the only one i kept because of the Lombard story. Don

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I had a whole drawer full and when i got sick of ski area politics i quit my job and heaved them.:sad: I kept a bunch of thiokol , bombardier,and pisten-bully manuals i gave them to the local snow groomer club last winter. This was the only one i kept because of the Lombard story. Don
Damn :sad:

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
that's a shame just because it's kind of some cool history ,that go's along with Thiokol products.

loggah

SUPER Site Supporter
Its like a lot of stuff,at the time DMC,then LMC was doing well,and no one thought they wouldn't be around today.Most companies that exist have a historian,and have all that stuff in the company archives.The thiokol manuals i had and gave away was for the 1200 spryte,2100 packmaster,3700 hydromaster and the 1450 imp. they are in good hands.
You guys should try to find Lombard or Linn info ,if you think snow grooming info is tough!!!!!:biggrin::biggrin:

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
oh I bet here's one for you I tried to get info on one several of our trucks built in the 90's one company still in business, said they didn't keep records of the wiring harnesses back then the other company a tank installer isn't even around any more.