• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Ford fire engine

villi

This is Ford truck 2005 in Iceland

Attachments

• Ford 5500.jpg
    Ford 5500.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 145
  • Iceland.jpg
    Iceland.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 146

johnday

The Crazy Scot, #3
SUPER Site Supporter
villi, nice looking truck! And it's even a powerstroke. I'll bet you guys plug it in a lot, eh?
Second photo looks interesting too, but, what is it?
:thumb::yum::beer:

villi

You must be joking !! this is a satellite photo of Iceland !:thumb:
johnday said:
villi, nice looking truck! And it's even a powerstroke. I'll bet you guys plug it in a lot, eh?
Second photo looks interesting too, but, what is it?
:thumb::yum::beer:

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
The lower pic is interesting, what is it??

Why do we call a truck used for the purpose of fighting fires a "Fire Engine", is it not a Fire Truck?

:1062:

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
Villi - nice truck! Did you get some of the US Homeland Security Budget too? Seems like every fire station around here has new equipment too!

I would actually like to see the other trucks too. Looks like you guys have some classics there.

BoneheadNW

PBinWA said:
Villi - nice truck! Did you get some of the US Homeland Security Budget too? Seems like every fire station around here has new equipment too!
Hey, watch it! I feel much safer with the great job that our president (and his Dept. of Homeland Insecurity) are doing. :pat: Doh, wrong thread! :applause:
Bone

johnday

The Crazy Scot, #3
SUPER Site Supporter
villi said:
You must be joking !! this is a satellite photo of Iceland !:thumb:
villi; I really didn't know what it was, but I do now. Satelitte photos are neat to look at.
What do you guys do to keep those trucks from freezing up? Hope I'm not showing my ignorance again, I'm assuming it gets pretty cold in Iceland.:tiphat::beer:

villi

the station is heated with hot spring wather from a drill hole , very economic , most houses in citys are heated with hot wather or hydroelectricity in Iceland

Junkman

Extra Super Moderator
I heard a rumor that the original name of Iceland was Hot Springs, but you folks wanted to keep all the tourists away. Do you have any older ambulances? I am a old ambulance collector, and also have Corvairs.... This is my 1978 Superior Cadillac Ambulance in Alaska (August 2004) waiting for me to pick it up...... Junk....

Attachments

• EMS3A.jpg
    EMS3A.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 128

Junkman

Extra Super Moderator
It was a private sale between me and the Department that retired the unit. It is in CT now, having spent a few months in transit. It left Alaska and went to Washington State and stayed there for a few months. Then the carrier picked it up and it rested comfortably in Idaho for a month, then it made it to a friends home in MA and was put away for the winter. I got it in the spring and drove it a lot this summer. Now it is waiting to be painted and will be more like this one. This belongs to a friend in California... Shipping was expensive to say the least, but since there are only 12 or so known to be left out of a original 30 produced, I felt that it was worth it. Mine has just a little over 20,000 miles on it and all the rest of the known ones have more than triple that amount of mileage. There are not that many paved roads in Alaska, so it wasn't used much....

Attachments

• 78SCadillacAmbulance-L (600 x 393).jpg
    78SCadillacAmbulance-L (600 x 393).jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 121

villi

this pic is from the day when the new fire truck was delivered pic taken in front of our station but the 2 ambulans and the police car are from nerest town we only have fire and rescue team in our station.

Attachments

• Ambula. (528 x 396).jpg
    Ambula. (528 x 396).jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 120

BoneheadNW

Junkman said:
This is my 1978 Superior Cadillac Ambulance in Alaska (August 2004) waiting for me to pick it up...... Junk....
That is much better than waiting for an ambulance to pick you up.
Hey Junk, rumor has it in the department that the local funeral home might be retiring its Cadillac hearse, which made me think of you. Do you want me to check it out?
Bonehead

AndyM

Charter Member
villi said:
Sure this is a fire truck ,the truck in the back is a International 1968

I thought it was a late 60's International... Do you have any more pictures of that one to share with us?

villi

this is my fire truck Dodge wepon 1942 not in use

Attachments

• Dodge1.jpg
    Dodge1.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 110
  • Dodge2.jpg
    Dodge2.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 113
  • Dodge3.jpg
    Dodge3.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 108