• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Losing Job

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deadly Sushi

The One, The Only, Sushi
SUPER Site Supporter
I had a meeting with my manager today. Basically if Subway doesnt buy from me I'll be fired. Also, if one of my large accounts doesnt go with me to a Customer Event out in Seattle, Im fired.
I cant even believe this. I worked harder than anyone here. Ive brought in all of my accounts unlike the other people.

If I lose my job, I might as well just end it man.

Galvatron

Spock and Galvatron < one and the same
Come on m8 dont talk like that....ending it all over a job your worth more than that and you and all here know it.

Time to take serious and positve action....get looking for that much needed new job and think more of happiness than high pay.....i know new jobs are hard to get but this one is not worth it just look what you just wrote...come on m8 be posative and make it happen.

Wish you were on this side of the pond as i would have you work with me till the right thing come up.....wish i could help more.

Chin up and get focused m8:thumb:

Kimi.

Av8r3400

Gone Flyin'
Dude, You seriously need to get the F*** out of there anyway.

There has been a lot of good advise given to you on other threads on this topic. Reread them and find a better place to hang your hat that has nothing to do with commission sales!

American Woman

Site Supporter
Sush....a job you hate is not worth that kind of talk. Sometimes a door gets opened for somthing new and we aren't paying attention....that would be you. You have gotten so much good advice here. Now...the powers that may be are fix'in to shove you thru that open door! This could be the thing you need. So open your eyes and your heart get busy looking. If you have to take a meaningless job to pay bills then do it until the right thing comes along.

urednecku

Site Supporter
Sushi, take it easy, man. The way they have been treating you, & you working for them, the loss of you leaving them will be theirs. Probably be the best thing to happen to you, meaning you will then be a free agent to go find a decent place to work.
I don't have any idea what you are making there, and it's not any of my business. What I do know is there is a job out there for you.
You sound like me, I know where I am working and what I am doing there. I'm afraid of change. I have worked for the state for over 29 years total now. about 5 1/2 years ago, i transferred from the Dept. of Agriculture. I had been there for 24 years, liked what I did, and knew the job inside and out. But when the politics got too far in it, I had to get out of the POLITICAL BULL $HIT. I still liked my job, but couldn't take the supervisors BS any more.
Scared shitless, I transfered to Department of Corrections. It was one of the best moves I have ever made, career wise. First, I got about an extra 6 % raise. On top of that my retirement doubled from that point on. I will be able to "retire" from the state in 43 weeks with about 60% of what I am making now, just to sit on the poarch. If I had NOT moved, I would have capped out at 45%.

Sushi, my friend, make this an improvement for you, not a pit. YOU CAN DO BETTER THAN WORKING UNDER THAT KIND OF STRESS.

PLEASE, don't do anything stupid.
You have many friends here.

Trakternut

Ya know what, Sush? If you've been working as hard as you say, and I don't doubt it, and you get treated in the way you have described in the past, then these jerkoffs don't deserve to lick the dirt off your shoes. I'd have tossed my keys right into that manager's face and sang; Take this job and shove it!!!
Get you hind end out there and look for a new job. They ain't gonna drop into your lap while you sit around and worry about the crap you're in right now. Keep your ears to the ground, man, Make use of the network of people you know. It may take some time, but somebody'll give you a li'l whisper about something that's coming available, then POUNCE! Think cat out hunting mice. Patience, the Pounce! Things don't just happen, you gotta MAKE 'em happen. You're your own best friend or worst enemy in this case. It's up to YOU which you are.
Now, GO!!!

urednecku

Site Supporter
Sushi, ya ever think about gettin' out of the 'burbs'?? There are places that I know are a lot slower-paced, the cost of living is lower, and TONS less stress. Let 'em fire ya, take your unemployment, and move out to the country. Find ya a small town where you can just relax a while, a job you enjoy just to pay bills with till ya feel better. Hell, ya can find a park & just sleep in that crown vic, save a lots on rent!!

Erik

SelfBane
Site Supporter
take the unemployment. cash out enough of the retirement account to pay off all your outstanding bills, get a puppy and go back to school like you mentioned wanting to a couple months back. (puppies are a GREAT way to get girls to come talk to you on campus...) maybe toss in relocating away from the Chicago area.

Deadly Sushi

The One, The Only, Sushi
SUPER Site Supporter
Sushi, ya ever think about gettin' out of the 'burbs'??

I would really like to. I dont like where I live. Im tired of losing jobs and my companies going out of business. Sales is killing me. You know when I say my actually age on the game, Im was sorta happy I wasnt going to live that long. How sick is that? Im at my desk crying here trying so that no one sees me.

take the unemployment. cash out enough of the retirement account to pay off all your outstanding bills, get a puppy and go back to school like you mentioned wanting to a couple months back. (puppies are a GREAT way to get girls to come talk to you on campus...)

I have NO retirement money. I have nothing. Im also allergic to dogs, but I already have to cats. No money and no time to goto school. I dont have months I certainly dont have years. And I definatly have NO money.

Galvatron

I would really like to. I dont like where I live. Im tired of losing jobs and my companies going out of business. Sales is killing me. You know when I say my actually age on the game, Im was sorta happy I wasnt going to live that long. How sick is that? Im at my desk crying here trying so that no one sees me.

fook man i wish i could come pick ya up and go for a few beers....im gutted i cant do more and dont know what to say.....come on m8 your a top guy with so much to give dont let the scum job get you down.

find the strength we all need you here in good health.

Kimi.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Sush, you hated this job. Look for the silver lining. You want to work. You will find something to get you by. Look for unusual ways to find a job. Pick a place you would like to work at and apply, and bug them. Talk to anyone you know who has a job at a place you might want to work at.
Didn't Dargo tell you to contact him about a job? Did you do that?
Opportunities are out there. If great jobs were easy to find everyone would have them. I've always said it's harder finding a job than it is working a job. So now you have to buckle down and find one. Maybe you'll have to accept something you wouldn't normally but sometimes those turn into a whole new opportunity. Hey you might even meet the woman of your dreams there. It is very important to keep positive out look, no matter what. You can do it, but first you have to believe you can do it. You have to believe in yourself before you'll have a fighting chance.
Chin up ...and go get em buddy!
Cheers! :beer:

k-dog

With all the baby boomers retiring from the Federal Government, jobs are out there trust me.

Also, don't compare yourself to the other workers. You always do your best. If the co-workers best is only 50% of your best, still give the 100% and don't be concerned with them, only concern yourself with you.

rback33

Hangin in Tornado Alley
SUPER Site Supporter
I will second about everything that was said. Did you call Dargo? I thought that was a great option when he through it out there. If I was looking for a job and lived out that way I would be callin him. I have no doubt that Brent's expectations are high, but I believe him to be fair above that. Man... I need to find an excuse to get through Chicago... need to buy you a few drinks...

Deadly Sushi

The One, The Only, Sushi
SUPER Site Supporter
Thanks again for trying to encourage me. I can really see you care about me. Im just so tired of job hopping. Either the company closes or it files for bankruptcy or I get canned. Ive probably had 10 sales jobs in 8 years. Im so tired of trying to build up my finances.

I will second about everything that was said. Did you call Dargo? I thought that was a great option when he through it out there.

He filled up the position. Probably just fate.

Galvatron

you had me worried m8....i have sat here all night waiting for you to come back.

now go get em tiger:thumb:

REDDOGTWO

Unemployed Veg. Peddler
SUPER Site Supporter
Have you thought about moving? Check out the Bismarck Tribune on line, there are a lot of sales jobs in there, we do not have enough workers here to fill all of the available jobs. Not that I want any more people here, it is just getting to crowded.

Bobcat

Je Suis Charlie Hebdo
GOLD Site Supporter

Attachments

• sushisales.jpg
    sushisales.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 172

American Woman

Site Supporter
Hey that job on top is in Clearwater Fl. It's just a stone's throw from us. You can come here and stay with us. We have 60 acres where you can park that crown vic, and make it your trailer.

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
Pretty much what everbody said Sushi. This company has taken you for a long ride for a long time. There could be that silver lining in all of this. But keep your chin up and look to the future. Also Gator mentioned McDonalds and most people think of that as a cut or a bad thing. I know of a few people that have done very well at McDonalds. Upper mangagement doesn't make to bad of money.

murph

American Girl

take the unemployment. cash out enough of the retirement account to pay off all your outstanding bills, get a puppy and go back to school like you mentioned wanting to a couple months back. (puppies are a GREAT way to get girls to come talk to you on campus...) maybe toss in relocating away from the Chicago area.

Get a puppy and go back to school? Man, you really crack me up. But you know they say that animals are very therapeutic. (did I spell that right?)
I love the $h*t you come up with sometimes. lol. :yum::rolf2::yum:

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
You can come here and stay with us. We have 60 acres where you can park that crown vic, and make it your trailer.

You have 60 acres??? What's this crap about Redneck saying a few choice words and me being lucky??

Ok back to the thread at hand again it was just a brain fart.

murph

American Girl

Hey that job on top is in Clearwater Fl. It's just a stone's throw from us. You can come here and stay with us. We have 60 acres where you can park that crown vic, and make it your trailer.

Yeah, I just checked your profile...Sagitarius or Capricorn, right? Either way, Mom says we're perfect for each other because we're both single, jobless, and suicidal. My dream man, come to me, baby...:wub:
Now, if you tell me you're also a musician, I'll have to come there, knock you over the head and drag you home with me. :bangin: :brows:

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
Yeah, I just checked your profile...Sagitarius, right? Mom says we're perfect for each other because we're both single, jobless, and suicidal. My dream man, come to me, baby...:wub:
Now, if you tell me you're also a musician, I'll have to come there, knock you over the head and drag you home with me. :bangin: :brows:

There you go Sushi, things are getting better already. A babe, 60 acres and a trailer. Dang what more could you ask for?

ps: eidt here. I would be learning to play the flute too

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Come on Paul ! Your smarter than that :bangin:. There are lots of things you can do .

You may laugh at me but I been trying to hire a damn gardener for a week . I can't even find anyone and it takes about 20 minutes to mow my whole yard . I know that if I needed to do something to make ends meet that would be something I would look at as a temp job . Most times its all cash too and no stress unless I mow down a sprinkler head or two :doh:.

Ask yourself what would make you happy ?? Inside or outside work ?? How about a Construction Laborer . You could probably start in the morning . Get the Want Ads out and head in a different direction . Hospitals are hiring all the time and have some damn fine benifits too . All States are always looking for part time workers for roads and parks . Thats where 95% of the full time state employees come from . They usually will work you up to 1600 hours a year until you get on full time . Its a great way to get your foot in the door at the state .
Nevada County ,Calif is dying for Correctional officers and the local school Bus Company is paying a big "Sign on bonus" and damn good wages with benifits too.

Status
Not open for further replies.