• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Corona Virus spreading ... US official says no need to worry

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
So nothing to see here. Carry on.

The Economic "Reopening" Is A Fake Out
Authored by Brandon Smith via Alt-Market.com

How does one define an economic “reopening”? I think most people would say that a reopening means that everything goes back to the way it was before the crisis; or at least as close as possible. Most people would also say that a reopening is something that will last. Simply declaring “America has reopened” while keeping many restrictions in place in certain parts of the country is a bit of a farce. And, reopening with the intention of implementing lockdowns again in a matter of weeks without explaining the situation to the public is a scam of the highest order.

For example, states like New York, California, Illinois and New Jersey have extended their lockdowns; with LA's extension remaining ambiguous after they initially declared restrictions for another 3 months. New York's lockdown is extended to the end of May (so far). This is the case in many US states and cities, while rural areas are mostly open. This is being called a “partial reopening”, but is there a purpose behind the uneven approach?

As I predicted in my article 'Pandemic And Economic Collapse: The Next 60 Days', the restrictions will continue in major US population centers while rural areas have mostly opened with much fanfare. The end result of this will be a flood of city dwellers into rural towns looking for relief from more strict lockdown conditions. In about a month, we should expect new viral clusters in places where there was limited transmission. I suggest that before the 4th of July holiday, state governments and the Federal government will be talking about new lockdowns, using the predictable infection spike as an excuse.
This is happening in Northeast China right now - another resurgence has occurred and 100 million people are now subject to quarantine restrictions. China's reopening is barely two weeks old, and concerns of infection “flare ups” were widespread when the announcement was made. Now the mainstream media seems to be confused; is China open, or locked down? Of course, we may never know how bad the problem is and was in China as their numbers have been shown to be utterly rigged and suppressed from the beginning, but the point is that the phrase “reopening” is meaningless there, just as it will be meaningless here in the US.

This is part of the plan. The farce of reopenings does indeed have a purpose. I discuss this in great detail in my article 'Waves Of Mutilation: Medical Tyranny And The Cashless Society' published in April. The globalists are clearly the only beneficiaries of this event; with a world-wide surveillance state now openly on the table along with an accelerated shift into digital currency systems, the globalists are either taking advantage of this crisis to push their agenda, or they ENGINEERED the virus and caused the crisis to push their agenda.

In white papers published by globalists at the Imperial College of London as well as MIT, the plan is openly admitted. They suggest using “waves” of economic openings and then lockdowns to control the spread of the virus. The timelines seem to vary, but in general the models call for a one month open, two months closed cycle. The goal is to deliberately increase infections every couple of months in specific regions of a country, then declare economic shutdown and quarantine measures once the spread reaches a certain level; this is meant to continue until a vaccine is developed, which could take years.

When the globalists at MIT say “We are not going back to normal”; this is what they mean. Right now, the general public (at least in some parts of the country) is cheering the reopenings, but what they don't realize is that the reopenings are an illusion. Restrictions are going to remain in place in many states and cities, while they will be lifted and then re-instituted in others. In fact the situation is going to become much worse over time, by design.

The next lockdown, whenever it is announced, will be absolutely devastating to the US economy which is already in a downward spiral. The mitigating factors will be how effective central bank stimulus is at stalling the freefall (not very effective so far). Other factors include the percentage of small businesses that survive the first lockdown and how many jobs those businesses can bring back to the economy. The first lockdown may be survivable for a large percentage of Americans and businesses; the second lockdown will financially destroy all but the most prepared. And make no mistake, there WILL be many more lockdowns over the next couple years.

In the meantime, international banks like Wells Fargo and JP Morgan have seen to it that small businesses are hit hard by the crisis by funneling bailout money and paycheck loans to their larger clients over the smaller businesses that the money was intended to go to. Of the 300,000 clients of JP Morgan that applied for an emergency loan through the government bailout program, only 18,000 actually received one and many of these clients were NOT small businesses.

If the cycle of lockdowns continues, small businesses will be wiped off the map. The elites have rigged the economic game; they control where every dollar of the bailout money goes, and many of their corporations are the only institutions that are equipped to survive the onslaught. Some of these companies will go down, but in the long run the goal, in my view, is total centralization of production and distribution.

This is exactly what happened during the Great Depression when JP Morgan and other major banks devoured thousands of small local banks across the country and removed them as competitors from the system. After the depression, banking was completely centralized into the hands of a select few mega-companies. Today, they are attempting to erase all localized small business competition to international corporations.

Taking over the business infrastructure of entire nations and removing all independent competition is only one incentive for the lockdowns to continue. There is also the process of acclimating the public to the idea that lockdowns are the “new normal”. While I do see resistance in certain parts of the world, including the US, many countries in Asia and Europe have witnessed a rather sheepish response to the idea of medical tyranny. I also see an immense wildfire of unconstitutional legislation and illegal state measures being rolled out in the US while the public is distracted by financial circumstances and the virus threat.

Certainly, it appears that most Americans hate the lockdowns. But will they be fooled by the “reopening” into complacency for the next several weeks while the government gets ready to hit them with the next round of restrictions? Will they be so caught off guard they won't know how to react? Imagine the economic devastation of just one more nationwide lockdown event? It will be carnage, and a lot of hope within the population will be lost.

This will lead to two possible paths: Submission, or rebellion. Either the majority of the American people will accept the lockdowns as a new fact of everyday life, or they will become so enraged by the destruction of their economy that they will revolt.

If the intent is to keep the cycle going until a vaccine is introduced as elitist publications assert, then we have a LONG way to go and this first lockdown was child's play compared to what comes next.

The excuse for the wave model will be that they need to control and slow the spread of infection over time to avoid overwhelming our medical infrastructure. But this makes very little sense to me at this stage. Perhaps within the first month or two of the pandemic this was somewhat logical, so that we could gauge the threat of the virus. What we know right now is that the virus is at least three times more deadly that the average annual flu; which is something to be concerned about, but not something we should be destroying our economy over.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Enough of this bullshit already.
:thumb:
That's what I say.
Doc posted a good "toon" on the state of New York being hit hard, and how the panic spread subsequently throughout the country because of.
Well duh, like such a large city wouldn't have so many covid related deaths from the beginning?

As for me, it's over.
A second wave may come along, but it's a freaking virus.
I'm just waiting until our dear leaders tell we in healthcare to stop wearing the masks.
That it's ok to come out and play now.
:rolleyes:

mla2ofus

GOLD Site Supporter
I still think trump's medical team scared him into doing what he did. I also think some governors got a little taste of power and are reluctant to give it up. The way I see the whole lockdown/mitigation thing is elected officials and bureaucrats got to pick winners and losers with their definition of essential and non essential. To me it should have been all or nothing!!
JMHO,
Mike

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
We "officially" surpassed 100,000 deaths for Covid.

Media sources claim that the tally is 'most certainly an undercount' of deaths related to the disease but they don't seem to cite why they make such a claim. So is it an undercount? Is it accurate? What I know is that one of the guys I shoot with lost his mother yesterday to Covid. She was in a nursing home. Apparently 47% of all Covid deaths in the US occur in nursing homes.

Indiana's governor Holcomb was in the news yesterday for saying that we can reopen our schools safely this fall. He didn't say how. Details will be released in a few weeks.
Gov. Eric Holcomb expects to announce in coming weeks when and how Indiana schools will reopen for the fall semester amid the coronavirus pandemic.

The Republican chief executive declined Wednesday to provide reporters any specific details about the school calendar, instructional time, food service, student safety, extracurricular activities and the myriad other components of education in the Hoosier State.

He said his administration currently is working with local schools and the Department of Education to figure all that out, and the final plan still is "probably a couple weeks off."

https://www.nwitimes.com/news/educa...hVMap9DJGVgOjmYBiyVis0DWQPwLigj4v5Ed1Hmbe3log

"I'm convinced that we will be able to reopen safely," Holcomb said. "We are approaching this as 'how can we,' not 'how can we not.'"

Holcomb ordered all public, charter and private schools in the state closed March 19 ... The governor on April 2 then canceled in-person instruction for the remainder of the 2019-20 school year ...

Katie Jenner, Holcomb's senior education adviser, said in the weeks since schools were shuttered officials in the governor's office have spent "many, many hours" with their counterparts at the Department of Education and Department of Health developing "comprehensive reentry guidance" for Indiana schools.

"We understand the importance of timely guidance, while also balancing the necessity to review the most updated data and research on how to maximize our student learning, while also ensuring safety is the priority," Jenner said. "We will provide this reentry guidance, as Gov. Holcomb mentioned, just as soon as possible."

The governor hinted to reporters that local school districts are likely to have control over their reopenings, similar to how municipalities are authorized to follow a slower reopening strategy than the schedule outlined in Holcomb's "Back on Track" plan that seeks to get business in Indiana back to normal by July 4.

"We do recognize it's about the students and the teachers, it's about everyone that goes into that building. And we want to make sure that when we do reopen, it's safe," Holcomb said. "There won't be one-size-fits-all. This will be informed from the very local level, through the Department of Education and our administration, to open safely." ...

Indiana's Notre Dame and Purdue University have both previously announced they will be reopening in the fall. Both have plans in place that will protect the 'at risk' professors, staff and students. It will be interesting to see how the local schools will be progressing to protect at risk students and staff (and some of the parents of students).

Meanwhile, the drive to reopen is not because it is safe for people, but rather because there is so much human suffering caused by the lockdowns that people can no longer tolerate the effects fo the shutdown.

https://www.zerohedge.com/health/reopening-isnt-about-haircuts-its-about-relieving-human-suffering

Reopening Isn't About Haircuts, It's About Relieving Human Suffering
Authored by Randy Hicks via InsideSources.com,

Georgia recently began the long process of reopening its economy in the wake of what it is hoped will be the worst of the COVID-19 pandemic.

Beginning in late April, certain categories of businesses were allowed to open in Georgia, including restaurants and barber shops. The encouraging news is that infection rates have not spiked and, instead, are flattening and even declining.

Many are concerned that we’re moving too early, too fast — and that safety will take a back seat. That worry is understandable. The toll of the virus in suffering and loss of life is indescribable, as thousands of families are affected in ways they will never forget.

On the other side, many are clamoring for even quicker action to get people back to work.

In truth, both sides have it right. Our first priority should be health. Clearly, that trumps all. But a key aspect of health is not just avoiding a virus, but the full spectrum of human well-being and flourishing. And to achieve that, we can’t afford to remain on lockdown much longer.

We clearly know the economic devastation wrought by the virus: About half of low-income households have reported job or wage loss due to the coronavirus. These job losses could be felt for years as families struggle to get back on their feet — or are never able to at all, plunging them into poverty.

The toll is real. I’m thinking of young moms like Jessica (not her real name to protect her identity), who had been living in her car with her small child as a result of work cutbacks and being evicted. Stories like this one are countless.

But what about the toll on mental health and general well-being? The picture is beginning to emerge, and it’s not pretty. In fact, we are facing a public mental health crisis.

A recent Kaiser Family Foundation survey found that more than half of U.S. adults (56 percent) report that worry related to the coronavirus outbreak has caused them stress-induced symptoms like insomnia, poor appetite or overeating, or frequent headaches or stomach aches.

That’s only the beginning. We have also seen the effects of social isolation in a 1,000 percent increase in calls to distress hotlines in April alone.

Rates of substance abuse and suicide will doubtless skyrocket. One analysis predicts that if the United States reaches Depression-era level unemployment rates, we could see 18,000 additional suicides and additional overdose deaths of 22,000.

The Well Being Trust recently released a report estimating the pandemic could lead to 75,000 additional “deaths of despair” from drug and alcohol abuse and suicide.

During this lockdown, people are missing the ingredients that make for a flourishing life: community, relationships, purpose and belonging. And the truth is that, for many Americans, a major way they experience these benefits is through a job. It’s where we find community, socialize and discover a sense of meaning.

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
This video sums up all the advice perfectly:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Osbxp8pyBGk[/ame]

Last edited by a moderator:

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
There has been a minor spike in cases and one death in our county because the virus got in to a nursing home in the small town of Winnsboro. That accounted for an increase of 7 cases and the one death. If it hadn't been for that we would have been down to 3 active cases. Keep on opening up. It doesn't seem to be making any major difference in the number of cases. Me? I'm still wearing a mask when I go in to town and taking all reasonable precautions but there is no reason why the rest of you can't get on with your life. .

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
... Me? I'm still wearing a mask when I go in to town and taking all reasonable precautions but there is no reason why the rest of you can't get on with your life. .

I'm in a delayed opening area because we have over 3500 cases in my county.

But I agree with you. Take reasonable precautions and reopen the world carefully.

Problem I see are the people who take ZERO precautions and complain about or shame those of us who wear masks. You do your thing and let me do mine. Don't shame mask wearers. Don't crowd around the elderly. People have to stop being assholes.

My Priest is vocal about not wearing his mask. I'm afraid of him at this point. I get that people should have choices but he is catering to an older demographic and needs to be a bit more cognizant of reality.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
My Priest is vocal about not wearing his mask. I'm afraid of him at this point. I get that people should have choices but he is catering to an older demographic and needs to be a bit more cognizant of reality.

I totally agree with you on that point. The little town of Winnsboro in Wood County where I live has seen an increase of 7 confirmed cases and two deaths because somebody carried the virus in to a nursing home. They obviously didn't mean to do it but they got careless or irresponsible and now 2 people are dead with perhaps more to follow. I should mention that without the outbreak in Winnsboro, the active case count in the county would be 2 or 3.

I was in town for a short period yesterday and practically no one was wearing a mask. The folks in CVS were but only about 50% of the customers had one on.

I don't know what to think except that my wife and still wear our masks in public and douse ourselves in hand sanitizer. Anything we bring home still gets wiped down or left outside for at least 3 days before being brought in. Basically we are still behaving as we did on day one. I don't see that things in general have changed all that much even with things opening up in Texas.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter

I don't know what to think except that my wife and still wear our masks in public and douse ourselves in hand sanitizer. Anything we bring home still gets wiped down or left outside for at least 3 days before being brought in. Basically we are still behaving as we did on day one. I don't see that things in general have changed all that much even with things opening up in Texas.

My wife was out, she said the majority of people in the area are wearing masks. We use N95 masks. Fortunately I have a reasonable supply. We also use cycling masks which have replaceable N95 filters. Hand sanitizer in every vehicle. Lysol spray in every vehicle.

As for us, we lysol spray all the packages that arrive on the porch. Wipe down all the groceries, let them sit in the garage on shelves, etc etc etc. So pretty much the same as you.

The reality is that open or not, the virus is still here. It's infecting more people every day. More people are dying daily. There is no known treatment but there are some things that seem to help some. There is no known cure.

On the bright side there is a lot of evidence that Vitamin D helps reduce complications and there may be some correlation between Vitamin D and reduced infection rate. There is also growing evidence that ZINC is very beneficial in reducing complications, duration, and intensity.

We also know that, with rare exception, people under 50 basically don't die from Covid-19. From age 50 to age 65 there is some moderate level of risk. Over age 65 and all bets are off.

We also know that obesity, uncontrolled diabetes, uncontrolled high blood pressure, and being immunosuppressed increase chances of complications. Overly any of those issues with advanced age and the chances of death go up pretty dramatically. So based on what we know we can assess our own risk for complications.

We are all pretty much equally susceptible to catching the infection, which is why masks, hand washing, face touching, etc all come into play.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
I hope these riots brought to you from the same folks that are going to lock you down again doesn't cause another spike in the virus. If that happens we will be seriously screwed.

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I hope these riots brought to you from the same folks that are going to lock you down again doesn't cause another spike in the virus. If that happens we will be seriously screwed.

By far the majority of the new infections will be liberals.

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Not just liberals (shoppers :mrgreen: )

George Floyd protests could impact coronavirus containment measures, experts warn
By Madeline Farber | Fox News

https://www.foxnews.com/health/geor...coronavirus-containment-measures-experts-warn

Our hearts go out to all affected by the tragic death of George Floyd. We affirm the right of all individuals to protest peacefully. The fact that the COVID-19 pandemic continues to afflict the country and affects African-Americans in disproportionate numbers reminds us of the critical importance of following public health recommendations essential to controlling the pandemic while protesting," he said. "The National Foundation for Infectious Diseases urges all who protest to do so as safely as possible: wear a face mask, stay at least six feet away from others, use hand sanitizer, use signs and noise-makers instead of yelling, and try to limit your contact to small groups of people.”

The protests have prompted government officials to issue similar warnings, with Atlanta Mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms advising protestors “to go get a COVID test this week” because "there's still a pandemic in America that's killing black and brown people at higher numbers." Meanwhile, Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti warned that the protests could become “super-spreader events.” In New York City, the country’s epicenter for the novel virus, Dr. Theodore Long, who is leading the city’s contact tracing initiative, also encouraged demonstrators to get tested.

Bannedjoe

So it's ok to loot and riot, but make sure to wear your masks for protection and to hide your face, and dammit, stay 6 feet apart!!!!

Dr Fauci is probably screaming that we need to limit stores to 10 rioters at a time.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
We can come out and play now.

COLUMBUS — Ohio Governor Mike DeWine today announced the reopening of certain facilities including certain entertainment facilities with health and safety restrictions.

“As I’ve said, Ohioans are able to do two things at once. We can continue to limit the spread of COVID-19 while we safely reopen our economy. It is up to each of us to do what we can to keep each other safe and choose to keep six feet of social distance, wear masks, and maintain good hand hygiene.” said Governor DeWine. “The threat of COVID-19 remains and while it’s our responsibility to keep each other safe, business owners and employees should do their part to ensure customers visit safely, by cleaning and sanitizing surfaces regularly.”

Day camps and residential camps may open at any time. Entertainment venues listed below may open beginning June 10 if they are able to follow Retail, Consumer, Service & Entertainment Guidelines and other applicable additional guidance:

Aquariums

Art galleries

Country clubs

Ice skating rinks

Indoor family entertainment centers

Indoor sports facilities

Laser tag facilities

Movie theaters (indoor)

Museums

Playgrounds (outdoor)

Public recreation centers

Roller skating rinks

Social clubs

Trampoline parks

Zoos

Health orders will be posted on coronavirus.ohio.gov when available.

Additional information and sector specific operating requirements can be found on the Responsible RestartOhio page coronavirus.ohio.gov/ResponsibleRestartOhio.

Thursday's Ohio data:

There were 37,282 cases with 2,339 deaths. There have been 6,312 hospitalizations with 1,623 admitted to ICU.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Four of my nurse aides went through the virtual school graduation the end of May, because of covid.
Work had t shirts made for them, plus a nice little $$ gift as well.
:clap:
The gals are going on to nursing careers.
Logan (that Logan/Roberta's) is going the direction of computer science.

20200604_180956.jpg

20200604_180939.jpg

20200604_180917.jpg

20200604_180905.jpg

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
:th_lmao:

Attachments

• article-6295-art5ed68cbc08ee4 (1).jpg
    article-6295-art5ed68cbc08ee4 (1).jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 117

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Looks like its picking up a little, mostly in the southern border states. South America has the world hot spots right now and I'm sure that has something to do with it as well as the protests. Around here I think everyone forgot about it.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Sweden is pretty much leading the world in deaths. Many heralded then as the model for the world but basically they made a bet and lost.

Well worth spending 30 minutes watching. Dr Campbell gives daily updates on Covid. Non-political. Just science, in simple terms.

Link —> https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=K4SQ-NOV-iU

Bannedjoe

I might be totally left field...

But I'm betting if everyone focused on other forms of death and kept a daily running total, we'd all be freaked the hell out.

There's still cancer, aids, car wrecks, heart attacks....you name it.

But when you only have a hammer, everything begins to look like a nail.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Around here I think everyone forgot about it.

Same here except for the mask wearing at work.
Now when I go in, it's that feeling of here we go again.
How much longer do we have to do this.
Discussions with co-workers now are more of a humourous nature of playing the waiting game.
And that of "hey, I know a lot of people. But I don't know a single soul yet who has tested positive for this, nevermind died from it."

Guess we all have to wait and see when our states tell us we're 100% FREE.
:rolleyes:

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
I might be totally left field...

But I'm betting if everyone focused on other forms of death and kept a daily running total, we'd all be freaked the hell out.

There's still cancer, aids, car wrecks, heart attacks....you name it.

But when you only have a hammer, everything begins to look like a nail.

It's an election year. This is all about making Trump look bad at any cost.