• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

A Snow Cat Tour

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
I got dibbs on the full cab Imp! Really I got dibbs on it. WOW those little Imps are GREAT! The owner took me and Bob out and toured his property today. This included climbing some serious Hills with I am guessing 18" of snow. We had a blast today and the Owner MAC and his wife were some of the nicest people we have met! Thanks to them for the great day!

Bobcat

Je Suis Charlie Hebdo
GOLD Site Supporter
Huh??? There's no link to any video...... Must be having a "Kristi moment"

Huh? Look again. Don't you CanUKs read english? Ha! :poke: And by the way, looking at your snowcat budget, it's no wonder the best you could do is a Lametrac!

By the way, Mikey helped groom a slope today, a first for him. The slopes were in the 20% grade range and the Imp wasn't even breathing hard. It was pulling a 400lb roller, AND Mikey was on board! He was in the right seat, but he was there!

Last edited:

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
Wow Bob watching the video made me feel like I was there. Oh wait I was! LOL. Very cool Bob! I dont care what GroomerGuy says about you your OK!

Bobcat

Je Suis Charlie Hebdo
GOLD Site Supporter
Who'd a thunk, Bernalillo, NM?! While me and SnoOps were passing through NM, we stopped at a gas station and saw this beastie. It was being hauled by a couple of guys who do mountain top tower maintenance. We convoyed out of town. :thumb:

Attachments

• FN15 Right Front.jpg
    FN15 Right Front.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 741
  • FN15 Dash.jpg
    FN15 Dash.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 729
  • FN15 Differential.jpg
    FN15 Differential.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 727
  • Nodwell and Imp.jpg
    Nodwell and Imp.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 721
  • FN15-Imp Convoy.JPG
    FN15-Imp Convoy.JPG
    94.2 KB · Views: 728
  • FN15 Right Side.jpg
    FN15 Right Side.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 725

fogtender

Now a Published Author
Site Supporter
Who'd a thunk, Bernalillo, NM?! While me and SnoOps were passing through NM, we stopped at a gas station and saw this beastie. It was being hauled by a couple of guys who do mountain top tower maintenance. We convoyed out of town. :thumb:

Is that front pintle hitch bent down from the chain and binder being too tight?

attachment.php

Bobcat

Je Suis Charlie Hebdo
GOLD Site Supporter
Not a snowcat, but in the snow. This one is in Dolores, CO. There is another one about an hour west of this one.

Attachments

• Train Left Front 1.jpg
    Train Left Front 1.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 618
  • Train Mid.jpg
    Train Mid.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 614
  • Train Front.jpg
    Train Front.jpg
    148.5 KB · Views: 624
  • Dash Left.jpg
    Dash Left.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 620
  • Train Rear Seats 1.jpg
    Train Rear Seats 1.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 612
  • Train Station.jpg
    Train Station.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 618

Bobcat

Je Suis Charlie Hebdo
GOLD Site Supporter
Somewhere north of Groundhog Reservoir, CO. Looks like they met a tree on the trail and smashed all the lights on that side and cracked the windshield. Couple of pictures of a 'lesser' machine at the bottom of the post (that oughta rile live2ride).

Attachments

• PB240D Left Side.jpg
    PB240D Left Side.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 617
  • PB240D Right Side.jpg
    PB240D Right Side.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 620
  • PB240D Groomer-Tiller Thing.jpg
    PB240D Groomer-Tiller Thing.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 618
  • Sled and Snowmobile.jpg
    Sled and Snowmobile.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 617
  • Sled.jpg
    Sled.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 615

Bobcat

Je Suis Charlie Hebdo
GOLD Site Supporter
SnoOps new snocat design, the SnowPuss. It's ready to tow broken down Slow Masters (are there any other kind?).

Attachments

• queercat1.jpg
    queercat1.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 584
  • queercat2.JPG
    queercat2.JPG
    262.9 KB · Views: 603
Last edited:

mtmogs

You really get around Bob. I recognize Main Street Catskill, NY. What nearby seismic station were you visiting? Went winter camping west of there when I was 18. It was -25' F (a record low) in Catskill that night, we figured it was -30ish where we camped at 3000'+. We obviously lacked the sense to postpone the trip, but fortunately had the sense and training to recognize the early warning signs of hypothermia, and took the right steps to survive...with all our fingers and toes even.

fogtender

Now a Published Author
Site Supporter
Not a snowcat, but in the snow. This one is in Dolores, CO. There is another one about an hour west of this one.

Is/was that something that was setup to display for the tourist, or did they really run that between towns? If so, looks like it would have been really fun to ride in!

Bobcat

Je Suis Charlie Hebdo
GOLD Site Supporter
Is/was that something that was setup to display for the tourist, or did they really run that between towns? If so, looks like it would have been really fun to ride in!

Looks like they actually ran at one time. Now they seem to have been auctioned off or something and the town of Dolores has set one up for display in front of their city museum. The other one I saw is parked on some private property just off the highway.

Bobcat

Je Suis Charlie Hebdo
GOLD Site Supporter

Bobcat

Je Suis Charlie Hebdo
GOLD Site Supporter
Not a snowcat, but what a cool machine!

Found in Socorro, NM.

Attachments

• Decal.jpg
    Decal.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 766
  • Side, Right.jpg
    Side, Right.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 786
  • Dash.jpg
    Dash.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 780
  • Front.jpg
    Front.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 783
  • Rear.jpg
    Rear.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 781

couchloafer

SUPER Site Supporter
A friend sent me these pictures. He said they were from Minnesota............boggie do you have a new toy????

Attachments

• 030401c86e6b$4b1543e0$60809A04@cwegnerPC.jpg
    030401c86e6b$4b1543e0$60809A04@cwegnerPC.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 721
  • 030501c86e6b$4b1543e0$60809A04@cwegnerPC.jpg
    030501c86e6b$4b1543e0$60809A04@cwegnerPC.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 723
  • 030601c86e6b$4b1543e0$60809A04@cwegnerPC.jpg
    030601c86e6b$4b1543e0$60809A04@cwegnerPC.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 724

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
A friend sent me these pictures. He said they were from Minnesota............boggie do you have a new toy????

Not I, but I have seen those photos before..... on the forums even.... possibly from Lyndon? It does not look like Minnesota unless it is lake superior area.

It is a very good looking machine and somebody did a great job. could be cool Today minus 25 without the wind chill......:snow2_smi:

Bobcat

Je Suis Charlie Hebdo
GOLD Site Supporter
Spotted at a utility yard in Ft. Defiance, AZ (Navajo Reservation).

Attachments

• Window Rock 1.jpg
    Window Rock 1.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 692
  • Window Rock 2.jpg
    Window Rock 2.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 688
  • missionstatement.jpg
    missionstatement.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 684
Last edited:

Mainer

Boggie likes our museum
SUPER Site Supporter
Spotted at the top of Zugerberg mountain, Switzerland

Attachments

• chcat.jpg
    chcat.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 686

couchloafer

SUPER Site Supporter
Bonneville Power had this Tucker sitting outside their yard in Ellensburg, WA this morning. I missed getting a picture of the Seattle City Light truck running down the freeway with another cat...........

Attachments

• Ellensberg 001.jpg
    Ellensberg 001.jpg
    229.4 KB · Views: 681
  • Ellensberg 003.jpg
    Ellensberg 003.jpg
    234.2 KB · Views: 677
  • Ellensberg 002.jpg
    Ellensberg 002.jpg
    230.3 KB · Views: 674

pixie

SUPER Site Supporter
Nice !!

Looks like they need a little more tongue weight or a little more air in the trailer tires .......
I like the blade rest :thumb:

The cat Mainer got a picture of has a unique plow attachment. What brand is that cat ?

Bobcat

Je Suis Charlie Hebdo
GOLD Site Supporter
I'll be making a big road trip this weekend and into next week. Heading from Socorro, NM through Grand Junction, CO, SLC, and straight to Reno, NV. Then back again. Hopefully I'll spot some cats that I missed before, but I also plan on getting those scans of Sharpes photo album! :thumb:

Bobcat

Je Suis Charlie Hebdo
GOLD Site Supporter
Spotted on the wrong side of the tracks in Winnemucca, NV.

Attachments

• P3020002.jpg
    P3020002.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 587

Bobcat

Je Suis Charlie Hebdo
GOLD Site Supporter
Located in Albuquerque, NM. The only cat owned by the state and used to maintain all of the state-owned communications towers. It was purchased within the year for $20,000 and just got all new tires.

Attachments

• ABQ Kit.jpg
    ABQ Kit.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 547
  • ABQ Side.jpg
    ABQ Side.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 546
  • ABQ Cab.jpg
    ABQ Cab.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 548
  • ABQ Rear.jpg
    ABQ Rear.jpg