• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

first time out with the pistenbully

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Lyndon and I climbed the local hills and gave it a 17 mile test. Only used 5 gallons of diesel. The VW engine worked fine. Voltage seemed high at times .14 volts while running.
this was at a wind blown stop.
DSC01876.jpg

we did go over a 12ft drift that was a challenge.
jim
oh, this is me above I love just talking without yelling . good soundproofing.
DSC01874.jpg

This is Lyndon.
He just bought a 1977 /1644 tucker that is on snowtrans page.

mbsieg

awful member
GOLD Site Supporter
14 volts is fine. All newer technology seems to be running up to 15 volts.

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
14 volts is fine. All newer technology seems to be running up to 15 volts.
your correct,manual says 14 volts.
now to find out what is the best code reader to carry. electronics seem to be vw.
jim

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Fantastic pictures Jim!

Very nice looking machine. Great on fuel too. I was hoping to see you in Wyoming, but since you now have some snow you maybe less likely?

A code reader would be a must have. Have fun!!

Regards, Kirk

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Nice looking machine. Would love to have that down here now. We have enough snow for a change to have some fun with a snowcat. This has not happened often over the last 10 years.

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
working on the slope must have ruined Lyndon now he wants a tucker, shame on him. all things considered the Thiokol 2100 isn't all that loud, but I do suspect it is louder on the inside than your rear engine pb.

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I talked to Lyndon this morn. and told him I spilled the beans on him buying a tucker. He didn't care.
It is still at snowtrans in Idaho so I haven't seen it and the picture of it has been removed from the web page.
I am not sure what my plans are for the end of this month.
jim

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
he has said many times my next one will be a tucker. dark side, I don't know about that
sorry no video of my PB.

Nice Canyon! I understand Kassbohrer's not bringing them into North America anymore - replaced by the "Scout". Where did you find this one, if I may ask

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Nice Canyon! I understand Kassbohrer's not bringing them into North America anymore - replaced by the "Scout". Where did you find this one, if I may ask
I got it at reno at the pistenbully plant.
your right it got replaced by the scout . This one had 570hrs on it. Owned by GE.
after today it has a few more.
the wet snow was so thick I had to back up and get a run then keep moving. This isn't me but a SAR buddie from todays mission. And we found them ok.
the snow was so deep the canyon doors scraped the snow at times when we opened them. Look at the trail in the foreground.
DSC06149.jpg