• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Fixing the old place to sell = Pain !!

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
OH Man ????? Where the Hell am I >.????? I picked my brother up at 5AM and was sitting in Elk City 12 1/2 hours later with 750 miles recorded . Planned on staying a full day unloading and turning back this morning . As we are unloading 4 neighbors showed up and we emptyed the truck and trailer in about 30 minutes . My CRAZY BROTHER says to me " Lets save a day and head back for another load today, right now!" . 20 minutes later we are on the return trip . Thats the fastest I ever made that trip . Roads were perfect !!! I swear I saw myself going in the other dirrection somewhere out in the Nevada desert . :unsure::unsure::w00t2::w00t2:
I'll probably load today and head out in a day or two again .
Good deal glad to here at least one trip went decent for Ya Al , I,ll cross my fingers the next ones even better . Be safe driving :wink:

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Whoa, that's a lot of drive time. :eek: Glad you guys made it safe. You'll need a day or two before wanting to hit the road again. Do you plan to be moved by Christmas? How many more trips are you planning?

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Whoa, that's a lot of drive time. :eek: Glad you guys made it safe. You'll need a day or two before wanting to hit the road again. Do you plan to be moved by Christmas? How many more trips are you planning?

The back of the truck is already loaded to the top of the camper shell and the trailer will be completely loaded by tomorrow night with the rest of the house furniture . Yes, we will be living in Idaho at the ranch by next week end . I still have about 3 more loads after this next one . We leave on Tuesday after I have new tires installed on the trailer and will return Friday to California to grab one last load .
Then I will make a couple solo trips to bring up the snow cat , boom lift , Model A pickup.

I still have some outside work to do on the old place for the new owner but I may wait till spring .

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Things are coming together pretty fast now . I am still a little rummy from all the driving the last two days . The new owners are to come over a look at furniture we plan to sale , so maybe I may not have to move a few things .

Hell , If they ask me nicely , I'll give it to them !!!!!:w00t2::w00t2:

By tomorrow the downstairs should be cleaned and ready for the new owners to start storing furniture in . WE are getting closer !!!

I could not believe how slick the road into the ranch was . We had rain on top of snow and it froze solid into ice . About 8" of hard packed ice ! I stopped the truck at the ranch house and it started sliding backwards while the transmission was in the park position . Studded tires will be installed in a couple weeks !!!!!!!! The trailer spun out 5 times coming down the river road yesterday . Holy Cow !!!! It was slick !!!!!

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
Studded tires rule. I'll never be without them if I can help it. Treat your truck to an oil change too - it's gonna need it. ;)

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Studded tires rule. I'll never be without them if I can help it. Treat your truck to an oil change too - it's gonna need it. ;)

Every 3000 miles ... Rotella Oil loves me !!!! Its 15 quarts every time I service the truck !

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
Every 3000 miles ... Rotella Oil loves me !!!! Its 15 quarts every time I service the truck !

Yes, I had 7.3 Powerstroke - I remember buying oil in bulk. 3000 miles - you are richer than I am. I'm more of a 5000 mile guy. ;)

Glad you got that run done. Are you sure it wouldn't be easier to just rent a big U-Haul and get more done in less trips?

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Yes, I had 7.3 Powerstroke - I remember buying oil in bulk. 3000 miles - you are richer than I am. I'm more of a 5000 mile guy. ;)

Glad you got that run done. Are you sure it wouldn't be easier to just rent a big U-Haul and get more done in less trips?

Well its Down to the big stuff now . I doubt U-haul could complete with my cost. I would need a 4 wheel drive U-haul truck to get into the ranch :unsure:.

I am close ...:unsure::biggrin: I think I can see the light at the end of the tunnel .... It may be a train light :w00t2:

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Back is really sore ! I'll be glad to have this done ! As soon as I can get both eyes to focus ,I need to get started . I'll have just a bed and pile of cloths in here by tonight . Wife likes all this eating out now .

Refrig loads today . Computer should be getting packed in another day or two , I'll switch to the lap top .:w00t2::w00t2::w00t2:

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
I am wiped out .... Everything hurts ...
Pretty much got the house cleaned out . Should be done by 12 tomorrow . If I am off line for awhile that means the computer is packed away :w00t2::w00t2:.

I'll die before I do this again !!!!!!!

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Geez Al, looks like you're going through the same type of moving experience my brother just went through. We all tried to convince him to rent the biggest uhaul and load it up and only make one trip. He didn't listen. Well, after 6 loads in an enclosed 16ft trailer and 3 loads on a 16 ft flat deck, he's now saying that he shoulda rented a uhaul. He added up his fuel bill and has now paid more in fuel making 9 loads than he would have paying to rent a uhaul and pay for the fuel.

tommu56

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Al couldn't you get some helpers up from Panama?
They seem to be good workers for you down there.

tom

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Geez Al, looks like you're going through the same type of moving experience my brother just went through. We all tried to convince him to rent the biggest uhaul and load it up and only make one trip. He didn't listen. Well, after 6 loads in an enclosed 16ft trailer and 3 loads on a 16 ft flat deck, he's now saying that he shoulda rented a uhaul. He added up his fuel bill and has now paid more in fuel making 9 loads than he would have paying to rent a uhaul and pay for the fuel.

I would love to use a uhaul but it has to be a 4x4 and they do not have those !!!It cost me $500 to make each round trip .

Al couldn't you get some helpers up from Panama?
They seem to be good workers for you down there.

tom

!!!They are great workers and you have no idea how much I wish I could bring them up here !!!!. Poor Juan and Genaro would probably freeze in minutes :w00t2::w00t2::w00t2:. Its never less than 70 degrees at our place in Panama .

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Get some sleep and get your butt on the road!:whistling:Hope you feel a little better after getting the tires on and don't have to rush too much. It will still be there when you get back for it if you don't have it on this load.

loboloco

glad you finished there Al. Good luck on the trip and getting everything unpacked. We will talk to you in a day or two.

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
YIKES ! I guess I got my moneys worth off the old tires . One tire had the steel belts showing !!!! :w00t2:

We leave at 5AM !:clap:
The old house looks like a bomb went off in here . Crap is scattered everywhere . Anything on the floor is now trash .
I'll return on Thursday to load the last of the shop while the wife starts cleaning the house for the new owners .

Diesel prices just went up again around here . $3.50 a gallon . Its 20 cents cheaper in Idaho . I should be able to pick it up in Nevada for $3.15 .

And now the good news !!!! The wife bought home a Puppy !!!!:doh::doh::sad::sad:

Little SOB is worst than the enerizer bunny . Never stops jumpping around . Might be Wolf bait before I leave Idaho .:smile:

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
OK ... I am back ... beat to hell. About half drunk on Dr. Rums . Back hurts like a SOB !!!!

I figure one more load before I shut it down to spring .

No one should have to go through this .........:unsure:.

Even though I hurt like hell , right now ,Its all worth it to get out of this God for saken state .

A few things have thrown a wrench in being done before Christmas , but I will do what ever is needed to get it done .

I have a date on the Tom York Ranch Property to go snow sledding on New Years eve in Elk City , Any bets on where i will be on the 31 st ??????

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Getting the Kristi out of the barn!:clap:

Nope ! It might relay the wrong message to the local folks . Times are hard in Elk City and I do not want to ever appear to be showing off . I will just drag my sorry ass up the hill and slide down on a inner tube.

I love this town ..... Who wants to join me ?????? :w00t2::w00t2:

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Man ..... I never pegged you as a smart ass ??? Until now ! :unsure::w00t2::biggrin:

Yes , there is enough snow ........... All I want is to finish my life in Panama and idaho . Is that askin too much ????:unsure:

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Not all, Al.
Yes, I are a smartass! I can match wits with the mediocre of them!

I got more of 'em, care to have a go?

Maybe later .... I think I pulled my back dreaming about sleighing last night :mellow:.

I gotta go take the little woman out for her Birthday Breakfast .
Then its back to work loading crap ...

I painted , touched up and cleaned the downstairs yesterday and will start upstairs today .

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Decided to go ahead and completely repaint the whole garage inside . Raining so hard I can do nothing outside ,anyway .

Moving is a real F...ing pain in the butt :sad:. Never again . I'll either die at the ranch or down on the island in Panama .

Have shut down Direct TV since we moved the tv's , so all we have is the Computers to see whats going on in this big world . Actually its very nice without TV , I don't watch it much , anyway .

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Yeah that screen wallpaper of Pelosi banging her gavel is all you need anyway!

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Moving Boxes !!!No matter how many you can find , you will still need more when moving ! I am on my 5th trip around to the stores to go through the cardboard bins out back . I bet I have gotten over 200 boxes . This morning I am going on yet another hunt to find more . My best source has been to drive around back of the shopping malls where the rear employee doors are . There is always a big stash of empty boxes there . :biggrin:

OhioTC18

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
If you know ahead of time that you're moving, go to McDonalds and beg for Fry boxes. They are ideal in size. Promise to pick them up every day. If most things are packed in the same size box they stack in a truck/trailer better. Label every box as it's packed as to what room it needs to go in.

It's too late for you now Al. I did it when I moved. Luckily my EX works at McD's. I got her throw aways AND the ones she had at home after just moving.

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
If you know ahead of time that you're moving, go to McDonalds and beg for Fry boxes. They are ideal in size. Promise to pick them up every day. If most things are packed in the same size box they stack in a truck/trailer better. Label every box as it's packed as to what room it needs to go in.

It's too late for you now Al. I did it when I moved. Luckily my EX works at McD's. I got her throw aways AND the ones she had at home after just moving.

Well ... I made a pretty good haul on boxes today !
We may have enough to finish packing . The shop is just about all cleaned out . I actually am going to get the whole shop loaded on this trip !!!!
All I'll have left to move is the Kristi KT3 , Model A pickup and the Boom Lift .
I'll start repainting the inside of the shop and doing a few more repairs to the house tomorrow.