• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Fixing the old place to sell = Pain !!

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
I have decided to do a little day by day update of my home repair as I prepare to move ...

So today the people came over, took one look , and decided that they want my place in California Asap. Thats Great !! One less headache !:clap: I tell them before I sell it I will go through and fix or repair any thing that needs repair .

So I make my list and it keeps getting longer and longer ......:mellow:
I decide to fix the old shop up first . New paint inside and out , repaint the floors , and fix the busted water line . Now I have not use the shop bathroom in 8 years or more . Its a full bath with a tub/shower .

I go to Home depot and get my plumbing repair parts/ paint and what ever else I can think of .
The repair of the leak is a simple one and I turn on the water . Water starts spraying like a fire spinkler system inside the shop and water starts coming out from under the tub/shower unit .

Crap !!! Crap ! Crap ! This is not good but I got no one to blame but myself for not blowing out the water lines before shutting down the heat before winter hit . So I start fixing all the leaks that are easy . 8 leak repairs later I am getting close . I have to cut a hole through the back side of the wood shop area to gain access to the shower valves.

There it is !!:clap:My last leak and with the little woman holding the flashlite I can get to it and resolder the joint .

Everything is going well until a little spider jumps out of the opening and lands on my head :sad:. Its a very little spider . My wife is holding a 5 cell mag lite like the cops use to carry . Heavy as hell . Anyway she lets out a scream :w00t2:and hits me on the head with the fickin Flashlite .:doh:

I yell " What the Hell " and forgeting I have the torch going in the little opening burn the crap out of my little finger on my hand that is holding the solder .

She is yelling "Kill it" "Kill It":hammer::hammer: swinging that flashlite and I have no idea what the hell is going on . The little spider decides it best to moved on and my little pinkie is blistered . Head and back have a couple of lumps too .

Then my wife uses the universal words that all women use when they do strange things . She smiles and says " I'm sorry"
The wife decided she needed to go shopping and I am typing this with my blistered finger submerged in a glass of Dr. Rum .The whole end of it is numb !
I can hardly wait to see what happens tomorrow:sad::unsure:

Last edited:

ki0ho

GOLD Site Supporter
Well AL all I can say is she has got your back!!!!!!!Aint wives great!!!!!!!!!What would you do without her?????? Later Jerry

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Well AL all I can say is she has got your back!!!!!!!Aint wives great!!!!!!!!!What would you do without her?????? Later Jerry

Would'nt trade her for the whole world !!!She is my best buddy !:in_love:

tommu56

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Al if the 2 words "as is" don't work!
I got 3 more for you PEX PEX PEX!!!! = nsr (no soldering required)

tom

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Al if the 2 words "as is" don't work!
I got 3 more for you PEX PEX PEX!!!! = nsr (no soldering required)

tom

I tried Pex plumbing for the first time on the new Apartment above the barn ,last year . Wow ! That stuff is amazing . And the freezing protection is impressive .The old shop is plumbed in Copper so I repaired it with the same .
I'll never do another new job without using Pex in the future .

loboloco

Al, I know your head and hand has to be hurting, but I almost busted a gut laughing at this one. You tell a good story.
I believe I would have went with 'as is'.

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Started ripping off the old sheetrock on the concrete block wall in the downstairs game room . I am water proofing it and will then add pressure treated 2x4 strips and resheetrock with the new mold resistance gypsum . Then I'll be ripping out the carpet and installing 800 sq ft of tiled floors .Also got one window that has broke the vacuum seal . Man those replacements are not cheap !!!

Last edited:

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Picked up my needed supplies today to redo the game room downstairs . Should have it whipped out by Friday . I been walking around looking at all the stuff (CraP) that we need to sell and get rid of . How can one family collect this much shit ??? I have at least one of every thing . Mostly socks . You need a Japanese sword from WWII ? I got it .
Silver Tea Set ? How many you want ?
I got more lighters than I know what to do with and I don't smoke except when I am in Panama .
How about a 1939 Philco stand up radio ?
Interested in a Rare carved rocking wooden giraffe that is a play rocker for little kids ?
This is only the tip of the ice berg . We must have 5 complete sets of fine china and silver tableware not including the stuff that is gold . More nautical stuff than you can shake a stick at .We use plastic forks in Idaho so I don't think this will do me much good .
Want real Cannon balls from Black Beards tower in the Bahama's ?? Yea we got those too . How about a sword from the same place that is still in the Original scabber .
Need a Walking Cane that has a knike hidden in the shaft ? Just press the secret buttom and get ready for action .. Very handy .
How about a 1750 era gold "Door handle" cane That was used by the Speaker of the house of the Bahamas for 53 years ?
How about a brand new Electric powered wheel chair that has exactly 15 feet of traveled use on it ???
I will never get moved at this rate . The wife is going over each item and the trailer is getting very full of stuff that we will never use ,that must go with us .

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
I tried that new "Dry Lock" moisture sealer for concrete block walls that HD sells . I think I love that stuff ! I feel all warm and fuzzy inside . I installed as directed and checked the wall this morning after having heavy rains on Sunday . Dry as a "Popcorn Fart". I am a happy camper now !!!:clap:

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Hope your head and finger get to feeling better.

Whether you're using brass, PVC or PEX, consider Sharkbite connectors. www.sharkbite.com

They're a push fitting that works beautifully. They can also be removed when needed so they're perfect for places like hot-water tank connections.

Cowboyjg

Country Club Member
Site Supporter
You know Al, if you take your time you could milk this move till spring and avoid the nasty a** winter that's coming your way....:biggrin:

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Don't have to fight over them swords . I got a couple .
I'm not kiddin boys ...... I got more crap then Carters got little liver pills . Its damn near overwhealing. I walked out into the shop and looked around and finally just closed the door and walked back to the house . I'll deal with it tomorrow .
Remodel work is coming along well and I should be on the roof rescrewing the roofing metal down by the weekend ,if it don't rain . :smile: Might as well clean the gutters while I am up there .

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter

Attachments

• lights.jpg
    lights.jpg
    4.3 KB · Views: 90
  • cannon balls.jpg
    cannon balls.jpg
    4.3 KB · Views: 90
  • glass balls.jpg
    glass balls.jpg
    3.4 KB · Views: 90

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Al, you need to donate some of that stuff for a nice tax write-off. Help to offset capital gains when you sell. Get a nice inflated value from the agency for things you give them.

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
More :

Attachments

• jazzy wheelchair 002.jpg
    jazzy wheelchair 002.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 86
  • cane.jpg
    cane.jpg
    2.7 KB · Views: 85
  • sword.jpg
    sword.jpg
    3.1 KB · Views: 85
  • swrod.jpg
    swrod.jpg
    1.9 KB · Views: 84

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Got the equipment trailer loaded up with the first load headed for Idaho . Got two trailers loaded on top , 3PH Rototiller, lawn mowers , Outdoor patio furniture . And all the outdoor stuff I can pack on it . I'll probably head up in a day or two , drop off and head back .