• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Tornado Warning!

rback33

Hangin in Tornado Alley
SUPER Site Supporter
Crap! Im under a Tornado Watch!! :eek:

Dude. It's a WATCH. How long u lived in the Midwest now? Sh!t. In the other thread I was under a warning and could SEE the tornado. I was taking pics....:thumb: Of course I was on the BACKside of the storm...

Deadly Sushi

The One, The Only, Sushi
SUPER Site Supporter
Hey Kansas Boy.... Im just SAYING that, its early April and there is already a tornado watch. :poke: Early isnt it?

Tractors4u

Site Supporter
Hey Kansas Boy.... Im just SAYING that, its early April and there is already a tornado watch. :poke: Early isnt it?

I was at the pistol range Friday and we had to leave the range because of a tornado warning. Then there was another warning and a funnel spotted 5 miles from where we relocated to.

Deadly Sushi

The One, The Only, Sushi
SUPER Site Supporter
No shit???? Im wondering what the official date is for the opening of Tornado Season. There IS such a thing right?

And dont try to fool us about shooting off a gun at the time. You were with your woman.... on a boat.... in the middle of a lake..... making romantic gestures and reading poetry. Fess up man! :poke:

American Woman

Site Supporter
Dude. It's a WATCH. How long u lived in the Midwest now? Sh!t. In the other thread I was under a warning and could SEE the tornado. I was taking pics....:thumb: Of course I was on the BACKside of the storm...
Wow....you still have the pictures to show?:weneedpic

fogtender

Now a Published Author
Site Supporter

You're not in Kansas, maybe he will loan you his dog "Toto" to keep you safe, seems that Toto knows his way around and is use to Tornado watches and he has the inside scoop...:thumb:

And not to worry, the Wizard will get you back home safely, the witches are doing a gig on drinking and not kissing old liquor lips so shouldn't be around to bother you!:yum:

See the following for Witch ID: http://www.forumsforums.com/3_9/showthread.php?t=15528

REDDOGTWO

Unemployed Veg. Peddler
SUPER Site Supporter
A few years ago, the First of November, I was taking a nap when I awoke to the sound of a train running through the house, got up and looked out and saw a funnel coming down the street, told the wife to head for the basement, she said what about the dog, I said forget the dog, go. By the time we got to the top of the stairwell to the basement it was gone.

We had minor damage to the house including a broken window, damage to the shingles and siding. There was an arrow sticking in the front lawn by the window where I had been sleeping, which was the broken window. The house behind us lost their garage. We finished tearing it down that night, what was left of it.

Take heed of the warnings, they are here and gone so fast that one does not have time to think.

By the way we had snow the next day.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
No shit???? Im wondering what the official date is for the opening of Tornado Season. There IS such a thing right?

And dont try to fool us about shooting off a gun at the time. You were with your woman.... on a boat.... in the middle of a lake..... making romantic gestures and reading poetry. Fess up man! :poke:
There is no such thing any longer..
They can hit year round now.
Should we blame global warming??

Tractors4u

Site Supporter

I shit thee not. I was on the 9mm qualifying range and we were between segments. My cell phone rings. It was a friend of mine 50 miles away saying she was watching the news and she knew we were on the range and to take cover because she knew the area where the tornado was at. About 30 seconds later the tornado siren went off. Then hunkered down in a concrete block building and 30 minutes later we left the range and went base to the main base. We had been there 5 minutes when she called again to say that a tornado had been spotted just up the road. Again a few seconds later the siren went off. She is better than NOAA.

rback33

Hangin in Tornado Alley
SUPER Site Supporter
Yeah.. I have seen several tornadoes as early as March. There is no "season" really, as they can occur any time if the conditions are right. In the midwest it is GENERALLY considered March through November, but it the south it can happens in the winter too. As far as the pics... I did not save them on the hard drive I don't think anf they did not turn out too well. It was a small rope tornado and being on the backside it was tough to pick out of the other clouds. I could tell it was there, but unless you knew EXACTLY where to look and what you were looking for it would be hard to pick out. I will see if I can find it though. It MIGHT be on here somewhere.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
According to the latest weather forecast, we're in for a major type of severe event over the next few days...:smileywac
I am petrified during severe weather outbreaks..

urednecku

Site Supporter
There is no such thing any longer..
They can hit year round now.
Should we blame global warming??

:idea: No, blame the government. The president sent them to kill some more blacks. Just ask the ones that wouldn't leave New Orleans. :bonk:

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I've seen/encountered waterspouts (a tornado over water) on Lake Erie in as early as March.
I was out "iceberging" (as we called it). It's where you break off a 150-200 sq/ft chunk of ice, take a pole so you can push off the bottom and cruise around the lake.
I'm out quite a ways and down comes this waterspout. It's heading right for me... I'm pushing myself back to shore as fast as possible but it's gaining on me. I wasn't going to make it to shore. I waited until it was about 150' away and jumped in and swam under the iceberg for cover. I held my breath as long as I could, then surfaced. It was gone. I swam to shore which is a trying experience when the water is 32 degrees and I'm laden down with full winter clothing. Onlookers said it got about 50' away from my berg then dissipated.

Oh, I was about 13 years old... I didn't tell my parents about that encounter (or iceberging in general) until I was about 30.

urednecku

Site Supporter
I've seen/encountered waterspouts (a tornado over water) on Lake Erie in as early as March.
I was out "iceberging" (as we called it). It's where you break off a 150-200 sq/ft chunk of ice, take a pole so you can push off the bottom and cruise around the lake.
I'm out quite a ways and down comes this waterspout. It's heading right for me... I'm pushing myself back to shore as fast as possible but it's gaining on me. I wasn't going to make it to shore. I waited until it was about 150' away and jumped in and swam under the iceberg for cover. I held my breath as long as I could, then surfaced. It was gone. I swam to shore which is a trying experience when the water is 32 degrees and I'm laden down with full winter clothing. Onlookers said it got about 50' away from my berg then dissipated.

Oh, I was about 13 years old... I didn't tell my parents about that encounter (or iceberging in general) until I was about 30.

And I guess the brown in your pants got washed out before you got out of the water....:yum: :yum: