• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Boating Oops

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Oops:
BoatOpps.jpg

Last edited:

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
No excuse for this 'Oops'

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRpeOuBk5yQ"]Fisherman Caught on Video Jumping into Water to Avoid Crash - YouTube[/ame]

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
boat launch fails aka Oops

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkVIe8ZGzwY"]Epic Boat Fails - Boat Launch GONE WRONG Compilation - YouTube[/ame]

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
This is major Oops. Scary chit.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btX7hsojSuA"]SCARY BOAT ACCIDENTS Boats Crashing Sinking & Collisions Fail Compilation! - YouTube[/ame]

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Seems like I saw an article on this about the guy jumping out of the boat sueing the guy who ran him down. Something about the driver of the big boat not being able to see where he was going because he was Sitting down and couldn’t see over the console?

Someone in a FB boating group said it was due to a cell phone, but they also said the guy in the fishing boat sued. And rightly so.

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Someone in a FB boating group said it was due to a cell phone, but they also said the guy in the fishing boat sued. And rightly so.

Found it. Could be sitting down or using the cell phone. Maybe both?

http://www.oregonlive.com/pacific-n...f/2018/01/chilling_video_fisherman_jumps.html

A salmon fisherman who abandoned ship by leaping into the frigid waters of the Columbia River last summer -- an instant before another motorboat crashed into his -- has filed a $372,500 lawsuit against the other driver.

Clatsop County sheriff’s deputies accused boat driver Marlin Lee Larsen of several crimes after the 75-year-old told investigators he couldn’t see where he was driving because he was sitting down and the dash of his boat was blocking his view. Larsen said he probably should have been standing, according to the sheriff’s report, which notes Larsen uses a motorized scooter to get around on land.

Larsen’s son-in-law, who also was on the boat, told investigators that he had warned his father-in-law to pay attention, that he sometimes sees his father-in-law using his cell phone while driving the boat and that his father-in-law had been off-and-on his cell phone the morning of the crash, according to the sheriff’s report.

Although Oregon law heavily restricts cell phone use while driving, there are no such specific laws governing boating. But it is against the law to operate a boat without due care.

The lawsuit, filed earlier this month, claims Larsen was boating while distracted by his cell phone on the morning of the Aug. 12, 2017, when the crash occurred near the mouth of the Columbia at the Pacific Ocean, just east of Fort Stevens State Park.
DB139233-DED8-4A93-8AAE-8F4DA3542FE3.jpeg

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Thanks Jim!!!!!! I've been on that type boat and if sitting it's near impossible to see over the nose. But from a distance you can see if paying attention.

================
more big Oops's

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwUfUedi_5E"]Ultimate Speed Boat Crash & Fails Compilation 2016 || WinFail Compilations - YouTube[/ame]

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
These are more fails than oops.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5RObUPiw8c"]Best Boat FAILS Compilation - YouTube[/ame]

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
A guy posted: New neighbor put his boat in yesterday. Here it is this morning. Did he forget the plug?
BoatSunk1.jpg
BoatSunk2.jpg
BoatSunk3.jpg

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
He probably could have used a few more fenders (aka bumpers). :bonk:
MoreFenders.jpg

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
He tried to dodge but was clearly unsuccessful

Attachments

• HeTriedToDodgeButWasUnsuccessful.jpg
    HeTriedToDodgeButWasUnsuccessful.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 508

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Another view of same accident, happened in Ontario.
Driver: "We don't need no stinking tie downs." :yum: Duh

Attachments

• HeTriedToDodgeButWasUnsuccessful2.jpg
    HeTriedToDodgeButWasUnsuccessful2.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 448

pixie

SUPER Site Supporter
I don't trust anyone who leaves the bimini deployed while on the road. They either have no brains or too much money to care.

In the future I'll be checking for straps, especially on the ones w/biminis up !!

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I don't trust anyone who leaves the bimini deployed while on the road. They either have no brains or too much money to care.

In the future I'll be checking for straps, especially on the ones w/biminis up !!

yup, I don't like summer with all the idiots towing loads without tie down chains or heavy straps. I see a lot of budget 500# straps holding down multi-thousand pound loads, lots of people who don't have hitch safety chains attached, others who attach them wrong. I'm no expert but I do my best not to be an idiot!

Honestly I wonder if insurance paid up for this case of what is obviously self-inflicted gross negligence! I certainly wouldn't hold it against the insurance company if they pulled out the fine print that said they don't pay claims for dumbasses like this guy!

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I agree with you pixie, no one with any smarts would tow with a bimini top open. Duh.

I cannot imagine how fast this idiot had to be going before slamming on the brakes hard enough to break the tie down straps and send a 5000 pound load flying that far forward. Even with no tie down straps that feat would be hard to accomplish.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Bankruptcy starter kit ...

Attachments

• BankruptcyStarterKit.jpg
    BankruptcyStarterKit.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 703

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Hello, insurance agent..... a bridge came out of nowhere and smashed my boat.

Even the bridge column looks crooked. :bonk:

Attachments

• BoatDoesntFit.jpg
    BoatDoesntFit.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 751

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Hello, insurance agent..... a bridge came out of nowhere and smashed my boat.

Even the bridge column looks crooked. :bonk:

Doc, you seem to have more trouble with your boats than anyone I know! :whistling:

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Wave to the pretty girls ......Lets show em how this baby will go ....now gun it.

Attachments

• BoatingOops4.jpg
    BoatingOops4.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 607

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Nighttime boating can be scary. ....10x so if alcohol is involved. A sudden stop like that reef would cause would hurt bad. No wonder all six on board were injured, hopefully no one seriously.