• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Phone Apps

rback33

Hangin in Tornado Alley
SUPER Site Supporter
I don't know how many smart phone users/addicts we have on here, but I would be lost without my blackberry. I found a free app through blackberry the a month or so ago that I LOVE. It's called WeatherEye and it will tell you current conditions, short term and long term forecast as well as a current radar map. I LOVE this app. Did I say that already? lol Sooo anyone else have any other apps they have downloaded that they recommend? As always, I prefer free, but would pay a nominal fee if the app was worth it...

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
All iPhone apps, not sur eif they have them for the BB .........

1. Sportacular - sports updates
  2. iTalkLite - voice recorder
  3. Shazam - Music identifier (just hold up to a speaker and give all the info on the tune)
  4. Constitution - self explanatory
  5. iVideoCamera - Video recorder
  6. Gun Rights - gun related news updates

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I'm hooked on a few of the apps on my phone.

Like Dawg, I love the Shazam app.
Accuweather. Awesome app for weather.
I have a couple games / time killers I rely on when waiting: Boxed In and Pons

:eek: All the apps are gone off of my phone. I looked at them for a reference of a name and they are gone.
I did a sync last night wanting to get the music into a new itunes folder and it sync'd and deleted stuff on the iPhone. :confused: When you sync a device you do not want to delete stuff unless you have newer stuff to replace it. Arggggggg iTunes suck. I have a backup of iTunes but the CD's are not recognized, so it appears that backup is useless. double Argggggg

rback33

Hangin in Tornado Alley
SUPER Site Supporter
Phones are for calls, have a computer for the rest.

This is soooo not the way it really works. My BB makes it so I don't have to lug my laptop EVERYWHERE.... It's REALLY nice to get off an airplane for a layover and continue with business emails and work with out having to pull my laptop out, start it up, find a place to plug it in etc etc

loboloco

This is soooo not the way it really works. My BB makes it so I don't have to lug my laptop EVERYWHERE.... It's REALLY nice to get off an airplane for a layover and continue with business emails and work with out having to pull my laptop out, start it up, find a place to plug it in etc etc
Don't travel on airplanes much. My computer stays up almost all the time, changing links as it needs to. Too much crap on a phone makes it a toy. JMO.

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
I have a couple on mine. When you are on a BES with your Blackberry some programs don't work.

I have a Bible on mine Free
I have a Fitness Monitor that I paid 20 bucks for and well worth it.
I have a Diet Program on it that is free.
Garmin Mobile that I paid 70 bucks for. There is free GPS's though but the reason I liked the garmin was because it syncs with your contact list so you don't have to type the address's in.

Not many other things.

rback33

Hangin in Tornado Alley
SUPER Site Supporter
I have a couple on mine. When you are on a BES with your Blackberry some programs don't work.

I have a Bible on mine Free
I have a Fitness Monitor that I paid 20 bucks for and well worth it.
I have a Diet Program on it that is free.
Garmin Mobile that I paid 70 bucks for. There is free GPS's though but the reason I liked the garmin was because it syncs with your contact list so you don't have to type the address's in.

Not many other things.

Hmmm garmin mobile.. there's a thought... I have the option of VZ Navigator, but who wants to pay for monthly access....otoh, i don't have that many of the addresses filled in, so maybe I can find a good free one i like...

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
Hmmm garmin mobile.. there's a thought... I have the option of VZ Navigator, but who wants to pay for monthly access....otoh, i don't have that many of the addresses filled in, so maybe I can find a good free one i like...

Some of my employees got one from Crackberry. It is free and works great for them. You will need to create an account and will have to do some searching to get to the free software section. There is a couple of areas for free you just have to find them.

Crackberry