• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Golf cart facelift

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I'd like to upgrade to a four stroke. For now this old girl will do. It's an early 80s model. Everyone out at camp is running around with golf carts. They are handy to get down to the beach a mile away. Mine works. I strap a couple lawnchairs on the back, throw my beer cooler on the passenger seat, and head to our friends site every night to sit around the fire.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I put the old girl to a good test today. Must have burnt a full tank of gas driving around the campground. She's running much better now. It's hot and humid. We've been under a severe thunderstorm warning all day but watching the weather map all the major cells have split and gone north or south of us.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Update on the old golf cart. We sold it a few years ago to a friend at camp who also sold it to someone else at camp who stripped it down and gave it a complete rebuild including tearing down the engine. Then he sold it to my camp neighbor.

Anyways, we picked up an electric golf cart for at home last year. Then decided to bring it to camp this summer. We still liked the idea of having one at home so we picked up another one this summer.

The green one came from a friend at camp and has a speed chip making it twice as fast as most carts out there. It now lives at camp though I brought it home this week to refresh the batteries and install a rear seat. The white one came from a golf course a few miles down the road from home.
81ed08bb8013e0d35fc6fe601b4157db.jpg
6cddb971223fcfbe2bf14bc7641e75be.jpg
aa88acadca0a501bf0384e24f137eb81.jpg

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
So we decided to order a rear seat for the green one. When it came in, the mounting brackets were not for ours so yesterday, I spent the day doing some metal fabrication and cutting to mount it up.

I removed the roof and rear roof support bars followed by the rear basket. Once that was gone, the lower brackets came off to be cut down as they had bars extending out to hold the basket and to make room for the rear seat backrest.

I then had to fabricate a bracket and support bar for each side of the rear seat with a piece of thicker sheet metal and some 1.5" flat bar steel. Once I cut and bent the sheet metal and flat bar and did the preassembly, I took it apart and painted the brackets then reassembled it. I got finished in the dark at 9pm last night. The seat flips to create a flat bed for hauling things.
f66e3123fde980d156555e1eb44330a4.jpg
f099f3e81785d19488ebb15550b4d983.jpg
59fa1f691a4d71ab32af15cc0ad17de9.jpg