• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Golf cart facelift

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
A few weeks ago I picked up an old motorized golf cart for out at camp
1964e563c2ce239a4805e00f46285b15.jpg

Since I had no plans on ever using it for golfing I removed the bag holders on the back and built a seat for passengers. The seat needed to lift in order to refuel.
b41dd7bbe98fe7ada62bd4749dec66b0.jpg
5a744743692c880d5864a95efedb07e1.jpg

I brought it out to camp and drove it around for a bit to work out the bugs. I found a few minor gremlins in the way of faulty in line fuses. Once those were swapped out she runs good. So back on the trailer and back to town to put some lipstick on the old pig. I initially wanted a nice metallic red but couldn't find anything for a decent price so I went with a flat burgundy. 4 cans of spray later she looked like this
0a3d10ae11b5614de7b7d2c5c92c1db8.jpg

Yesterday I found some boat seats for a good price. They will replace the heavy mismatched tractor seats that were on there.
215d3ce431965e5ab1214a4b97f77ce5.jpg

I also picked up a new coil and voltage regulator which I have to install. Then reinstall the rear seat. A seat belt is on order already. For now a ratchet strap is a temporary fix.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Nice. Looks good. I like your choice in colors and the new seats. Now a custom dual exhaust and mag wheels will finish her off. :biggrin:

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Lmao. Yep. While I'm at it a two cylinder 500cc snowmobile engine might do nicely.

There's a video of one that did 118mph on the Strip. It could lay rubber for 100ft. Hmm mm. ........

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Got her finished up for now. Reinstalled the rear seat and did some fine tuning with the low idle and choke cable. She'll be back out to camp this weekend. I'm looking into different options for lighting for nighttime driving since it will be used to haul my drunken ass back to the camper at the end of the night. I did install a couple of reflectors for the back. I'm thinking of led fog light. Run it right back to the battery with an in line fuse and a switch on the dash. We'll see

9eb22716cb0eaa8965f54f2a0e2f9010.jpg
056eee6ddd05a028ab0104107e933459.jpg
87bb5a45704ffd45846c92dfb0e7dd90.jpg

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
ATV trail lights? Many come bundled with the switch and fuse. Made to take more abuse than fog lights.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Lmao. Yes. I was surprised to find some 8" ss rims. Goes to show you can find anything on ebay

squerly

Supported Ben Carson
GOLD Site Supporter
yep, put those rims on, maybe a chrome bumper and you're set. Looks real good so far, you've done a nice job.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Got the hubcaps ordered. Going to install some led spotlights for at night.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
So I picked up an led light kit for at night. I spent a good part of the morning installing the lights. I'm not 100%done as there's a couple things I forgot in town. They are working though. Not bad for a cheap kit that comes with the lights, switch, and wires. Looking forward to seeing how they work tonight.
b4c6005d3d69773e2d78873f1a84fd42.jpg

TOMLESCOEQUIP

Just Plinkin Away the $$
So I picked up an led light kit for at night. I spent a good part of the morning installing the lights. I'm not 100%done as there's a couple things I forgot in town. They are working though. Not bad for a cheap kit that comes with the lights, switch, and wires. Looking forward to seeing how they work tonight.
b4c6005d3d69773e2d78873f1a84fd42.jpg

If you need more light, I've bought several sets (of 4) off ebay from this guy:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/231947487055?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

My son put 4 on his catfishing/bowfishing boat & it lights up the shoreline like daylight.

Same lights at northern are a bit pricier :

http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200578619_200578619

The e bay lights are well built & work great & can't beat the price !

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I'll have to look into those. These lights are OK but they're intended for accent lights on a car. I wouldn't exactly call them bright. But they are better than what I had last night which is the flashlight on my cell phone.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Lmao. How'd you guess. I just happened to be halfway through a 12 pack at that point sitting a hundred feet away.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
For your viewing pleasure. The pig with lipstick. Does the job. Holds the lawn chair beer cooler and gets my staggering butt back to the camper at the end of the night. The lights work alright but definitely won't light up the campsite.

01c4873e4e2a4c2c2299d5ba84bcbd7d.jpg

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
We've decided on an upgrade and are planning on a newer golf cart. This old girl served it's purpose but she's old and tired. Plus, keeping an old 2 stroke running right is getting to be a pain. So I have been looking around for a decent replacement for camp. Check out my find. Cool?
c987a412ab99655a84a8eae9249b6ff9.jpg
a345609ae5c4ada5a40bc7802d59f03c.jpg

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Looks like you'll be riding in style. Did you do the deal on this one?

jimbo

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Got her finished up for now. Reinstalled the rear seat and did some fine tuning with the low idle and choke cable. She'll be back out to camp this weekend. I'm looking into different options for lighting for nighttime driving since it will be used to haul my drunken ass back to the camper at the end of the night. I did install a couple of reflectors for the back. I'm thinking of led fog light. Run it right back to the battery with an in line fuse and a switch on the dash. We'll see

9eb22716cb0eaa8965f54f2a0e2f9010.jpg
056eee6ddd05a028ab0104107e933459.jpg
87bb5a45704ffd45846c92dfb0e7dd90.jpg

A couple of LED flashlights and some masking tape should do the trick for lighting. It would look more rednecky.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
A couple of LED flashlights and some masking tape should do the trick for lighting. It would look more rednecky.
Lol. Funny you mention that. The ones with a roof on their carts at camp use hanging led flashlights for that purpose.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I decided to haul the ole girl back to town yesterday for some tlc. The choke cable was screwed up from the time I bought it. The thing is a two stroke and anyone who knows anything about two strokes knows that it isn't happy till it warms up. A constant battle with the choke to keep it running for a few minutes.

That's what was happening to me at camp. Go to take off cold with it and it would just sit there and bog for a few minutes till it finally decided to go. Then it's "holy crap boys! Hold onto your hat!" The thing would take off spinning the tires. To fix this I installed a new choke cable and it seems to be better. The big test will be when I can get it off the trailer and take it for a good run.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
She runs great now! I hauled her back to camp after installing a new choke cable. What a difference. No more waiting for minutes with it bogging before taking off.

jwstewar

We've got a 2008 Club Car. It is a 4-stroke so we are comparing Apples to Oranges, but we never use the choke on it - even in the winter time. Get on it and mash the pedal and she goes - except for every now and then when someone puts it in neutral and I sit there for a second looking stupid because I can't figure out why it won't start.