• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Off-road vehicle insurance?

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Our state requires most off-road vehicles (ATV, RTV, UTV, motorcycles) to be insured.

I've used Progressive for years without a claim but I'm not sure I trust them to come through should there be an incident. A quick internet search shows tons of anecdotal stories about their insured being at fault but failing to pay out to any victim(s). The biggest reason I insure is for liability to others. I don't care if my vehicle gets smashed up and I have medical covering myself.

So, do you have insurance and do you trust your insurance company to take care of things?

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
I use State Farm to satisfy the DMV . I think it adds $20 a year per atv to my premimum. Never had a claim .

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Mine is covered as additional scheduled machinery under my farm policy. It has a $300k liability umbrella on any of my stuff even while in transit on the road. My own agent recommended I change from progressive to Allstate 2 years ago on my car insurance. They have been in business locally for 83 years and if a company screws their customers they move on to one who doesn't.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I used to do that (put it under the house) as its primary purpose was to "maintain the resident premises". Same as if it was a garden tractor or lawn mower.

Once the State said they had to be registered/insured, now they have to be on a policy.

jimbo

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Progressive Insurance is owned by Peter Lewis, one of the largest contributors to liberal causes. I don't even consider them when I shop insurance.

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
I'm lucky I have no need for atv insurance the likely hood of me running into some one along the trail where I go is pretty slim the state doesn't require it so neither do i.