• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Thiokol 601, 602-year made?

Tanaga

Can someone tell me what year were the 601 and 602's made? After production of these did they start making the 1200's? And what year were the 1200 series made? I noticed that they look very similar.

Thanks!

tomelroy

I dont have the exact dates, but 600 where made from about 63 to 68. 1200's were made from around 64 to 2000.

Tanaga

So the 600 and the 1200 series were produced in the same years. Why did they do this when they look basically the same? What are the main differences?

wesley

I have an ex Air Force 601. It is a 1963. I hope to do a body off restoration some day, but for now it runs fine and gets me in and out of my hunting camp in winter in the UP of Michigan.

tomelroy

the early 1200 was called a snow spryte and was a lighter duty machine using the c4 steering differential. The 600's used heavy duty the oc-15. Later versions of the 1200 used the oc-12. Many ski resorted used the 1200.