• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Polaris Sportsman 700???

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I run a traxter 500 the thing pulls like a diesel pretty good on gas and about impossible to roll. if there is a down side it is that it rides like a gen 1 dodge truck.

I had one of those. Basically weld the axle right to the frame and call it a suspension.:hammer: Tough truck though.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Went out again yesterday for a few hours riding. Brought the oldest boy and his little 125 Yamaha. The thing still looks and runs like new for an '89. It was my grandfather's. I remember him taking me out riding it when it was new. I was the same age as my son.

e8ugeqyh.jpg
uhyvejub.jpg
u5etugeg.jpg

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Still have the old polaris 700. Still runs great and rides like I'm sitting in my recliner at home. About the only thing I have had to do was replace a couple split axle boots. I'm shopping for a replacement though. With my back issues now I don't get out riding the way I'd like. So now I have an itch for a side by side. Needs to be less than 60" wide to fit on my trailer. I was looking at a cf moto 500 today. Nice machine and well built but not much for leg room. Only a couple inches wider than the polaris. I'm in no rush. I'll find something.

Duder

Just got back from looking at a used one with fairly low miles for the year and all around in good shape for a good price. Are these good atv's?

My other option in my price range is a Yamaha 400 4x4. It's 2 years older with more miles for the same price roughly.

I'm leaning towards the 700 simple because it's closer. The 400 is 7 hrs away. I also looked at an older 400 sportsman but one walk around it and that was enough for me.
I'm new to this,I have a question about my polaris sportsman can you help me out

Duder

I have 2006 700 sportsman it dies when I give it throttle I was told it was the cdi box it is no longer available is there something else I can do to replace it with another year model or an upgrade