• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

7 Tuckers!

Lyndon

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
On the 25th of this june, /seven Tucker Snow Cats are to be auctioned off in Fairbanks. Having worked for Alyeska, the Trans Alaska Pipeline authority, I have ridden in some of these machines. Alyeska takes quite good care of it's equipment. They have well paid mechanics, in top of the line shops, with nothing better to do. Originally the Pipeline ran Snow Trac's, then in 82 they sold off the snow trac's and snow masters, and purchased 44 Tuckers. Most were the 4 door, a smaller number were the big freighter with a 9 passenger cab. As far as I know all were built in 82 and 83. Rather than have the standard Chrysler/Didge engine and trans, Alyeska had Detroit Diesels, and Allison Transmissions. they were not quite as fast as normal stock Tuckers, but they had inordinately large fuel tanks that they could operate off for several days of 24/7 operation. Most had winches. The pipeline has right at 800 River and stream crossings along it's 800 mile course. 800 Bridges! The number one use of these machines was for bridge inspections which were done in the dead of winter. I saw one getting a complete rebuild and new tracks at a Pump station in 2000. Some units also had 4 sets of headphones that were lincked to each other and to the (2) radio trancievers so that the occupants could talk to each other, and on the radio's. The auction company has a website, do a search for Alyeska Auction, Fairbanks. Whish I could afford one!
In almost every snow condition they outperformed the Bombardiere Ski Dozer's that the pipeline owned by a significant margin. Nice machines, well maintained. They probably won't go cheap.

Lyndon

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Hey, Thanks for adding the Link Mtn-Track! I see there have been 80 lookers already.

Blackfoot Tucker

GOLD Site Supporter
Lyndon good t see your hangen out again old friend

TRUE THAT!!!

Lyndon you're one of the guys who literally "made" this forum. Your wealth of knowledge combined with great photos and stories are thoroughly appreciated.

I (for one) wish you'd hang out here more often...

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
TRUE THAT!!!

Lyndon you're one of the guys who literally "made" this forum. Your wealth of knowledge combined with great photos and stories are thoroughly appreciated.

I (for one) wish you'd hang out here more often...
i agree lyndon should write a book of short storys Lyndon's travels

Lyndon

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
One of my fellow inspectors, works 2 offices over from me bought one of these machines. It's in fairly good condition. However I doubt he will install the armor plate like on the one on E-bay.