• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Ice Station Zebra

Lyndon

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
ADD: Beach Front Property, 6 Acres, Great place for Snow Cats, Quiet, Private, No zoning or permit hassels. Seasonal fishing.
50K$.

Lyndon

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Just 50 Miles from Russia!

WASTC01.jpg

Tin City Areal.jpg

Tin City R.jpg

Lyndon

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
The actual Add from yesterdays Anchorage Daily News reads:

White Alice Site
6.31 acres of land Location Tin City, Alaska Old US Air Force communications site Two 60' dish antenna's and operations building. Will negotiate, $50,000 Daniel, 907-634-1005.

Definately not your every day add!

Bobcat

Je Suis Charlie Hebdo
GOLD Site Supporter
Cool. :thumb: Does it still have its generators, etc? Is this sale for just the White Alice site, or does it include the long range radar on the mountain top? I'm guessing just the WACS.

I've been to at least a 1/2 dozen White Alice sites. The ones I remember of the top of my head are Indian Mountain, Fort Yukon, Tatalina, and Pedro Dome (which doesn't really count 'cause it's so close to Squarebanks).

Lyndon

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Notice the last entry on this LOG:
View attachment Tin City AFS.doc
"Accident – A weasel overturned on the way to Wales and shook up the occupants. Sgt. McCarter was the worst injured, but is believed to be not seriously hurt.(1958)"
This was an areal tram that was built to service the upper antenna site.
TNC_don_barnes_tramway_47qw6prvue.jpg

Lyndon

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I don't know the details, but I would guess that this building comes with it, generators and all. It probably would be pohibitive to own due to having to fly everything in and out, including fuel. From my experience here on the slope, a camp that size would probably use between 600 and 2000 gallons of fuel a day. but you could always call up Daniel, the seller, and ask him.
Who knows, perhaps the lift could be made to run and the place turned into a ski area.
Tin-City-Composite-Bldg.jpg

MainBuilding.jpg

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
Well I just called and found out its not the building pictured. Its a small wooden building with two 60' towers. I will post pictures later. He will be sending them to me tonight.

Lyndon

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
So what did he say about the site? Should we all go in on it as "Snow Cat Heaven"? Who wants to try and be the first to drive a snow cat across the Bearing Straight to Russia? This site was around long before anyone coined the term "REMOTE"!