• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Looking for fun UTV

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I'm selling the corvette that I traded my boat for. Guy from gas monkey garage (Richard) started to buy it right off but backed out. It was auto he wanted standard shift and the lt3 instead of lt1 engine ....
If you wanna see it go here:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Chevrolet-C...6241982b6&item=301253362358&pt=US_Cars_Trucks

Once I sell that I'm looking for a fun UTV. I've seen pics of some and they are just two seaters. We have groups around here that go on caravans with 15 or 20 or more utv's and spend the day riding. I wanna try that.

I already have a Kubota RTV, but I've been told the RTV is not quite right for this type of riding. Low clearance very heavy and ...kinda slow. So we can use another vehicle to transport folks to and from our river lot, might as well make it a fun UTV.

What brands are best and why? Any particular features to look for etc etc. Spill yer guts. LOL JK.

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
I would suggest can am, arctic cat or yahama the can am would be at the top of my list.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Doc - Are you looking for a crew-cab or is a single row good enough?

Not sure but I thought the Polaris Ranger and RTV were the only 2 with crew cab.

Neighbors have newer rangers and at least on theirs, it's bucket seats now. Not sure if they still have a bench so you can fit 3.

Watch out for the crew cabs. It takes a few acres to turn them around.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
A friend also mentioned can am, as he sold his ranger this summer to buy one. I'd never heard of them before. Do you know who makes them?
I've had such good luck with Honda ATV's and cars that I thought I'd go Honda but their offerings are slim.
The Yamaha Viking is a 3 seater across. Makes it wider than most UTV's.
I'm leaning towards two seater buckets for now, but I have not sat in anything yet. Waiting to sell this corvette. Had two potential calls today.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
BRP makes can-am. Same company that makes that new Spyder 3-wheeled motorcycle thingy. They've been around a long time and have a good reputation.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Bombardier Industries owns them I believe. Same Canadian company makes trains and airplanes as well as Bombi snow cats.

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
had a can am total electric on my place yesterday. 100miles between charge. pretty neat.
two bucket seats ,cargo area is large.
really loved the lack of noise.
jim

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
john Deere makes a cool little sport utv too. the Deere products tend to use an automotive type engine, I would imagine they have pretty good torque numbers compared to things like Polaris which just have big motor cycle engines. the can am / bombardier are well put together their big down fall is when buying parts you think it's a MB or aircraft part. you should be used to that by now Doc as you have all them boats just double the price of a ford solenoid by putting the word marine on it.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
had a can am total electric on my place yesterday. 100miles between charge. pretty neat.
two bucket seats ,cargo area is large.
really loved the lack of noise.
jim
Quiet would be awesome in the woods. Probably out of my price range but I'll keep an eye out for on just to see it.

I have not seen the JD sport UTV. I've seen the gator ...it's much more for work like the 06 RTV 900 I already have an am happy with.

Yep, I am familiar with the high prices for parts for motorcycles, boats and others. I guess Can Am would fit right in there.

I have made a deal on the vette. If the guys money source comes through he's supposed to get it Sunday. ...We'll see. If so then I'll be ready to start shopping.

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I drove the can am 1000 it starts like a car after you buckle your belt. turn the key and push a button . I changed the gas petal and other stuff for the rocks we climbed buy switches on the dash. but the electric one is the one to drive.