• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Looking for utility side by side

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
And .... I currently favor the Honda Pioneer 1000-5 ....999 cc motor that will haul 5 people.

Looking for input on the Honda Pioneer or other suggestions for other decent UTV's that will haul 4 to 6 people.

GlacierSean

SUPER Site Supporter
I haven't driven one of the Honda UTV yet but I have seen several on the trail and researched them a little. The pioneer 1000 5 seat seems to be a great machine at a good price. It comes fairly ready to go. By that I mean you don't have to buy a bunch of upgrades like doors before you can go out. My Polaris didn't really have anything when I bought it. The only thing you would want for sure is the roof. I am pretty sure the Honda can drive unlocked so you can drive it around your yard without tearing it up. My Polaris is always locked and tears up the ground. I think the Honda name and reputation speak for themselves. I was expecting them to be more expensive than they ended up being. I think the Honda comes with a small hitch receiver and has a good cargo and tow capacity. As far as 4x4 performance they are pretty good. I have seen them going fast on fairly rough terrain and I have seen them on some level 5 to 7 terrain. The shocks and tire size limit the speed and rock crawling ability. I was out on a pretty rough trail and a guy had his family in a pioneer 1000 behind me. I was super impressed when he kept up with me for a few miles. I definitely recommend the Honda but really like my Polaris.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I bit the bullet and bought a 2018 Honda Pioneer 1000-5 Deluxe.
I could have bought a new 2017 for a few hundred less but those had a recall for a heat issue with the seats (to hot while driving on summer days) and for the clutch (it had slippage and heat issues. Both were upgraded with the same fix on the 2018, but I prefered the one fixed from the factory.
So I've already tried it on the hill my Kubota RTV would not climb and it climbed right up, no problem. :D I do believe this will be a nice addition to our UTV family.

Attachments

• NewHondaP1k5-2.jpg
    NewHondaP1k5-2.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 247
  • NewHondaP1k5-1.jpg
    NewHondaP1k5-1.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 263

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Nice looking machine. I may have to look at those for my next one as I'd like the extra seat in the back