• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Dog tails (tales)

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Many of us have dogs and they've all done cool stuff. Tell us an anecdote (a dog tale). :)

What brought my mind to this was two-fold. First, Squerly lost his dog Shep :( I'm sure the 2 of them had some good times and stories. The second is when I got my current dog so here's the story.

My dog is a lab mix (with Australian Shepard?) She loves to herd anything that moves but still has the traditional characteristics of a Lab (like killing every bird she can catch).

When I first met her, she was in a barn with horses and cows and got along great with them. If she was given a treat (Milk Bones dog bones in particular), she would take it in her mouth, barely hanging on so most of it was sticking out in front of her nose then bolted off to a cow, put her head through the stanchion and her cow buddies would come up and take the Milk Bones out of her mouth. It was so gentle and looked like they were kissing. That's just cool in my book. She was never trained to do that, she just did.

That dog is off the farm and in our house (for 8+ years now). She's still friggin' cool like that. She loves me but all children better. If I grab a kid, she'll grab my arm (we do it in fun, just to let kids know not to be afraid of the dog).

Tell a story. ;)

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
When our Yorkie was a pup, quite often we would bring new chew toys home for her in an effort to keep her well stocked and not chewing on the furniture, like the lever on the recliners. It worked. We would play a game with her everytime letting her get the toy out of the bag. She loved it.

Now, everytime a bag of anything is brought into the house, she is all over it, fully expecting it is for her. Groceries, whatever it does not matter, must be for her.

Needless to say, Christmas was a hoot with her. :yum:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
The time Gretchen took my hearing aid off the coffee table.
Found it in her little fleece doggy bed, unharmed. lol

deand1

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
The time Gretchen took my hearing aid off the coffee table.
Found it in her little fleece doggy bed, unharmed. lol

My first lab Brandy did that for me. My current lab pup just chewed up one of my hearing aids. $3000 down the tubes��