• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Wireless Outdoor Security Camera/System

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Ok, I want one ............... Can anyone chime in that has one or know anything about them? System recommendation?

It can be dvr or inclusive (SD card). Haven't made up my mind on IP, not sure I want it on a PC.

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
We recently installed Geovision IP Target series cameras and their software/DVR.

Almost better than HD TV. we record at 30fps. Have 20 cameras and 3TB of storage. It appends about a week. We constant record.

It can be set for motion record, and having said that, 3 TB would probably last a month before being overwritten. Just a guess.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Geovision is good stuff. One of my DVRs is a Geovision.

I'm not a fan of WIRELESS systems. Hardwire is better in every case, some of the EXPENSIVE wireless stuff is good, but its always far more expensive than hardwire and typically lower resolution and frame rate. In the long run, I think hardwire systems are simply more reliable and much less expensive (even after installation) too.

Prices have dropped on all systems.

mbsieg

awful member
GOLD Site Supporter
Geovision is good stuff. One of my DVRs is a Geovision.

I'm not a fan of WIRELESS systems. Hardwire is better in every case, some of the EXPENSIVE wireless stuff is good, but its always far more expensive than hardwire and typically lower resolution and frame rate. In the long run, I think hardwire systems are simply more reliable and much less expensive (even after installation) too.

Prices have dropped on all systems.
I agree with Bob on wireless. I have about 20 IP cams on lan the only ones I ever have trouble with are wireless.