• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Weight Plateau's

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
I hate that !

Losing weight is great , but then your body hits a snag and refuses to lose any more weight or you go up a pound . Then 3 days later you dump 3 pounds all at once and you have not changed a thing in your diet . I like slow and steady . Yo yoing up and down drives me nuts .

The last few days has been like this again . I am rocking back and forth at a 50 pound loss . I just want to get it behind me for good and head for 60 pounds loss .

I am not going to start working out in a gym to try to speed it up . That is unrealistic to me as I already work enough during the day and don't need extra exercises.:unsure:

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I hear you Al. I have had the same issue this past week. Back down to 212 this morning but I have not gotten below 210 in almost a month. Mine jumps 4 lbs. just driving by a fast food joint.

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
I am not going to start working out in a gym to try to speed it up . That is unrealistic to me as I already work enough during the day and don't need extra exercises.:unsure:

Your problem may be the same as mine. I put all them miles on my bike last year and towards the end of the year I gained 40 of my 80 pounds back. When I started gaining I thought eat less, when that didn't help I rode my bike more, when that didn't help I ate even less. The snowball effect. My doctor took my bike away from me and make me join me join this health club class. I am finally losing weight instead of gaining. Haven't dropped a lot of weight but have dropped back two pants sizes.

You need to trick your body and do something different maybe Al. The work you do is strength fitness but you are not doing any cardio type stuff. Also I am not eating 6 times a day. Smaller meals and I don't care about calories at all anymore. I watch carbs ad protein.

This is just a thought, some thing for you to think about.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Al, perhaps your body is comfortable at the weight you're at.
I wouldn't worry too much about what the scales say, but rather how you feel.. and if you're comfy with the way you look,move around and how clothes fit.. etc..

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
Al i have a novel idea trick your body with something diferent try eggs pancakes hashbrowns o gritts and some well cooked bacon works for me i never loose a pound

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
On aa serious note i did use the atkins diet once and it worked well i had to shed 30 pounds real quick to stay in the army and all the excersise never helped now that i' retired i seem to be loosing a little at a time but i still eat like a horse but live an active life

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
i only get weighed @ the doctor's office now. weight fluctuations're normal & usually if it's only a few lbs., it's fluid. my weight seems to have settled where it is now & often stays the exact same nomatter my inake recently. it could be your thyroid, too.

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Al, perhaps your body is comfortable at the weight you're at.
I wouldn't worry too much about what the scales say, but rather how you feel.. and if you're comfy with the way you look,move around and how clothes fit.. etc..

I am comfortable but know I do not have a CHOICE ! I have to lose weight in order to keep going and working on my projects .
This morning I finally busted through the bottom of my weight and loss 6 pounds in one day . NO diet changes were done to achieve this . Now I am in the 50 plus pounds loss area . I figure i'll go another 100 pounds for good measure .
I did not realize how much I had loss until I picked up a small bag of concrete and realized it was the same amount I had loss . Thats got to be better on my back and knees ,

Speaking of back , Mine is killing me . I can hardly walk today and it feels like my leg is on fire . Pretty sure I must have tweaked it when I was crawling around under the building the other day :doh::sad:. If it was not for the pain I would not have anything to complain about .

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Well, I have not changed a thing and my weight was down another 3 pounds today .Thats 9 pounds loss in two days .:unsure::biggrin: Looks like I must have broke through that Plateau I been stuck on . !!!
Now if my old body will just even back out to 1/2 to 3/4 pounds a day of loss , I will be quite happy .:smile:

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Ok .... My body hates me again . I bounced back up 2 pounds ????? I am beginning to think the scale has a mind of its own . I feel like a friggin yo yo .:sad:

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I am having worse trouble than that. 10 lbs. gain in the past week and that is with teds on and an extra lasix 3 days out of the week. Don't feel bad so screw it! One more worry I don't need right now.:hammer: