• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Our British Columbia adventures

Arlow

Skeet Shooting Snow Trac style...

Attachments

• 111skeet.jpg
    111skeet.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 310
Last edited by a moderator:

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Arlow . . . that is obviously a PRE-Restoration photo! When was this photo taken and how long did it take you to restore your Snow Trac?

Arlow

I meant to put "pre-restoration" in the description...
This was taken March 2004.

B_Skurka said:
Arlow . . . that is obviously a PRE-Restoration photo! When was this photo taken and how long did it take you to restore your Snow Trac?

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Ok we all can presume that is your wife in the photo, but the thing we can't tell is the make of the over/under. Winchester? Browning? Beretta? I used to have an absolutely beautifully engraved Wichester 101 Pigeon Grade but I couldn't hit a darn thing with it. I sold it off went back to a Remington 11-87 autoloader, not nearly as elegant but at least it swung well for me and I could hit my targets. But my wife and I shot Trap, not Skeet.

Arlow

Yes, that is my wife, and that is her Browning Citori. She doesn't go to organized shoots, we just go up behind where we live and launch a few for her.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Arlow said:
Yes, that is my wife, and that is her Browning Citori. She doesn't go to organized shoots, we just go up behind where we live and launch a few for her.
My wife and I used to shoot at a local park, they had open Trap shooting every Wednesday night. The price was modest and it was a great place for both hunters, amatures and competitive shooters to meet as there was no pressure to be the best. We tried shooting at a local hunt club, we went there 2 times. The guys there were very competitive and it simply wasn't any fun. I was a pretty good shot (averaged 22 or 23 out of 25) but certainly not a competitive calibre shooter. My wife enjoyed shooting, but was probalby in the 16 to 18 out of 25 range. Neither of us enjoyed the fierce competiton of hunt club but really enjoyed the park shoot.

We also shot a lot at our land, but due to life changes, we both stopped shooting. I pull a gun out every now and again, but not often enough. I would like to teach my daughter, she just turned 11 and I think she could handle light loads and might find it fun.

Have you ever shot organized "Sporting Clays" anywhere? That is a blast. Very much like golf with a shotgun. Each shooting position is different, sometimes the clays come at you, sometimes breaking away, sometimes overhead from behind. And always at different elevations. :thumb: Lottsa fun!!!

Arlow

That is exactly why I don't shoot at the club! I went there once, and the competition scared me off, too. But that was also before I bought my Citori. If you want to teach your daughter to shoot, it would be an ideal gun for a small person or a beginner. It's really light and it fits me well, and I can hit about 23 or 24 out of 25 with it. We have some friends that we shoot with on occasion, too, no competition, just lots of fun. I shot their Defender on New Years Day... now that has a bit of kick to it! (Arlow's wife).

Arlow

This is before the Snow Trac.....

Prior to the restoration....

Attachments

• before the ST 001.jpg
    before the ST 001.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 284
  • Pre-restoration 2003.jpg
    Pre-restoration 2003.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 282