• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Looking for a new desktop

OhioTC18

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I'm looking at new desktops. One thing that is confusing for me is the HDD vs SSD. One has a 1TB 7,200 HHD and one has a 256GB SSD. I don't do any gaming. I may save the odd picture/document at times. Mainly I use the desktop for internet/forums/mail use. I know all Solid State things and all HDD's can fail without notice. But which would be better to have?

Glenn9643

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I have found that a computer will fail when you least expect it, and buying the latest and greatest new PC won't necessarily mean it will outlast a refurbished. For my use, primarily browsing the internet, online banking, email, and saving a few pictures or videos, refurbished PC's have saved me a pile of money and served my purposes well.
I don't have any interest in the company at the link below other than being a satisfied customer. I'm using a HP from them now. I'm not a fan of DELL products.
http://www.blairtg.com/
Their inventory varies so if you're in a hurry or particular about a certain one this site won't be for you. Good luck. I've used them for my last four or five PC's.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
I'm looking at new desktops. One thing that is confusing for me is the HDD vs SSD. One has a 1TB 7,200 HHD and one has a 256GB SSD. I don't do any gaming. I may save the odd picture/document at times. Mainly I use the desktop for internet/forums/mail use. I know all Solid State things and all HDD's can fail without notice. But which would be better to have?

Our new Win10 laptop has a 256GB SSD and it is very fast. Boots up in less then 10 seconds. Awesome.

Our iMAC has a 1 TB standard HDD and takes forever to boot and is nowhere near as fast.

Unless you need huge amounts of storage for videos or whatever go with the SSD. You will not regret it one bit. As Donald Trump says, beleeeeeeeeeive Me. :yum:

Besides, if later you decide you need extra storage, buy an external USB HDD.