• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Smarter than you think

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
Evidently we don't feed our dog Annie enough. She has figured out how to get in the bin next to her dog dish. Caught her yesterday so I went over and locked the top figuring someone left it unlocked. She went right back and dug her teeth in the latch and pulled up and then stuck her nose under the lid and lifted it up. Wished I had a better pic for ya.

She is pretty good and pushing in doors to.

Attachments

• Annie.jpg
    Annie.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 78

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
We have the same storage bin but my 2 labs ain't figured that one out yet. Luna has opened the kitchen cabinet for Milk Bones when wifey doesn't latch it and her and Beaux have a Milk Bone eating contest. Beaux has the Milk Bone box figured out, thx to wifey ................ :yum:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Gretchen's legs are too short, so she can't really get into anything high up-or that's difficult to open.

Although.. she once stood on hind legs and knocked over an entire bag of groceries that I sat on the kitchen floor while running out to the car for more during a snowstorm.
She also has mastered how to open the bedroom door at night that I keep open just a tad, so she can run to the kitchen for a "dwink" lol

Labs have got to be the most intelligent, gentle dogs ever :)

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Knock on wood, my lab mix got her eating habits from the non-lab lineage. We leave the food out for her and she eats whenever she wants. I leave her Milk Bones in an open box, on the floor about 8' away from where she stays. She's never even tried to get to them.

OhioTC18

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Buddy's food is kept in a container that is closed up in the pantry. He hasn't figured out how to operate the sliding doors............yet

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
If Hershey got into his food bin, he'd have to untie his chain outside, walk over to the garage, turn the doorknob, open the spring loaded door that swings outward, sniff out the container, figure out the bearproof lid I've got on it, then get to his food. If he can manage to stay awake that long and figure all that out by himself, he's more than welcome to help himself to his food.:yum: