• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

COIL THE FUDDER MUCKING HOSE PROPERLY!!!!

DaveNay

Klaatu barada nikto
SUPER Site Supporter
Every single day I go out to the barn to find the damn hoses hung from the hooks looking like crap. Figure eights, twists, kinks, itty-bitty loops and overhand knots. Why the hell can't people hang the hoses properly?!?!?! :furious:

I prefer it when they don't even coil the hoses, just leave them on the floor in the aisle! At least that way they don't get ruined from the kinks (I've replaced three hoses in two years).

:evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil:

<We need a rants forum.>

urednecku

Site Supporter
I know what Dave is saying, and I agree 100%. The same goes for extension cords, rope, tubing, and anything else that should be ROLLED UP NEAT AND STRAIGHT, so it can be used next time.

California

Charter Member
Site Supporter
Like I tell my kids

There are Big problems, and there are Little problems.

Dave, this is a Little problem. Thank your stars this is your biggest problem at this particular moment!

(It sounds like providing a little training in hose-coiling might get things going better, too.)

mla2ofus

GOLD Site Supporter
Dave, you mentioned figure eights. If you coil a hose in figure eights,when it's strung out there won't be any kinks in it.
Mike

daedong

Every single day I go out to the barn to find the damn hoses hung from the hooks looking like crap. Figure eights, twists, kinks, itty-bitty loops and overhand knots. Why the hell can't people hang the hoses properly?!?!?! :furious:

I prefer it when they don't even coil the hoses, just leave them on the floor in the aisle! At least that way they don't get ruined from the kinks (I've replaced three hoses in two years).

:evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil:

<We need a rants forum.>

Buy one of these you tight arse and stop whining:blahblah: :smile:
20M%20Auto-Rewind%20Hose%20Reel_609.jpg

mtntopper

Back On Track
SUPER Site Supporter
Buy better quality hoses. They make some that will not kink. Spend some of that treasure you are hoarding and make your life easier.......:thumb:

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
I have no idea what yer talking about, but it got my dander up too :angry3:

Urednecku said:
I know what Dave is saying, and I agree 100%. The same goes for extension cords, rope, tubing, and anything else that should be ROLLED UP NEAT AND STRAIGHT, so it can be used next time.

Redneck, maybe you should have a sit down talk face to face with American Women and explain. :mrgreen: :hide::rolf2::rolf2:

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Buy better quality hoses. They make some that will not kink. Spend some of that treasure you are hoarding and make your life easier.......:thumb:

I agree 110% !! My brother was a concrete contractor until he retired and bought two 100' hoses from the concrete and masonary store . He had those hoses in hard use for over 20 years and still uses them today around his home . They would not kink and would not get hard and crack in cold weather . Thery were HD and I think he could have used one for a tow strap if need be !!! Talk about tough !!! They were a pale orange in color and 3/4" ID .

urednecku

Site Supporter
Redneck, maybe you should have a sit down talk face to face with American Women and explain. :mrgreen: :hide::rolf2::rolf2:
She knows what he's talking about all right, but refuses to plead guilty.
And besides, when we get to talking too close face-to-face, it seems we can't stay on the original subject too long. Something always comes up......:brows:

howierd3866

She knows what he's talking about all right, but refuses to plead guilty.
And besides, when we get to talking too close face-to-face, it seems we can't stay on the original subject too long. Something always comes up......:brows:

next time tie her in the front instead from behind so she can see how you like your cords roll

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter

:evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil:

<We need a rants forum.>

WOW DAVE! Man you have one serious problem there. I believe "GORT" may be the responsible party!