• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Ethernet Controller Problem

Cityboy

Banned
My PC crashes and gets a blue screen at times lately. After reboot, I get this pop-up from Microsoft:

Download updates for Marvell Yukon Ethernet Controller
This problem was caused by Marvell Yukon Ethernet Controller. Marvell Yukon Ethernet Controller was created by Marvell Semiconductor.
A solution is available that will solve this problem.
Solution

check.gif
Go to the Marvell Semiconductor website to learn more about the solution.

Rate this response:Provide Feedback

And this:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033
Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: d1
BCP1: 86800000
BCP2: 00000002
BCP3: 00000000
BCP4: 88A3FA20
OS Version: 6_0_6000
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 768_1
Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\Mini012008-02.dmp
C:\Users\John\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-1743640-0.sysdata.xml
C:\Users\John\AppData\Local\Temp\WERD5C0.tmp.version.txt
Read our privacy statement:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=50163&clcid=0x0409

I am just above computer illiteracy, so type slow and please help me solve this problem!! When i go to the Marvell Yukon web site, it asks me questions I don't have a clue how to answer. Can you guys help my dumb butt figure this out??

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
My PC crashes and gets a blue screen at times lately. After reboot, I get this pop-up from Microsoft
. . .
I am just above computer illiteracy, so type slow and please help me solve this problem!! When i go to the Marvell Yukon web site, it asks me questions I don't have a clue how to answer. Can you guys help my dumb butt figure this out??

Buy an Apple Computer :tiphat:

Bobcat

Je Suis Charlie Hebdo
GOLD Site Supporter
That was not only no help to the poor guy, but possibly even a little bit mean. You should try to be a little more constructive, like this...

Use Linux :tiphat:

damn bugs... :2gunsfiri
Bug_Clear.gif

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
That was not only no help to the poor guy, but possibly even a little bit mean. You should try to be a little more constructive, like this...

Use Linux :tiphat:
You can run Linux on an Apple :moon:

Cityboy

Banned
OK, if you two wise acres are done, how about a little assist from somebody who actually knows something. :idea:

I'm pretty sure I can download an update to fix it, I'm just not sure of the right one to choose as yet, and don't want to make it worse by downloading the wrong version.

Bobcat

Je Suis Charlie Hebdo
GOLD Site Supporter
OK, we need to know the model number of your ethernet controller. If you have 'My Computer' on your desktop, right-click on it. A box titled 'System Properties' should appear. One of its tabs should be labeled 'Hardware'. Select it. The first button down should say 'Device Manager'. Click it. A new box should pop up titled 'Device manager'. It will contain a list of devices and somewhere near the middle should be an item called 'Network adapters'. When you click it, it should branch out to show any network adapters in your machine. There may be one or two you don't recognise or use. Don't worry about them. Look for the one listed as Marvell or Yukon. I don't have that controller, so I'm not sure what it will say. Anyway, on the same line as the name, there should be a few numbers. Rather than trying to tell us what the numbers are, just read off the complete line. From that we should be able to determine the model or at least the model series of the controller and direct you to the correct driver.

While you're there, you may try double-clicking on the device name and it should pop up yet another box that says something about controller properties. One of the tabs in that box should be titled 'Driver'. One of the buttons in that box should say 'Update Driver...'. Try selecting that and see if it will update the driver for you. You may also notice that there is a line in that box that lists your current driver version.

Another option is running Windows Update from MSIE. It should be able to determine what drivers on your machine need updating and take care of it automatically for you.

Last edited:

Cityboy

Banned
OK, we need to know the model number of your ethernet controller. If you have 'My Computer' on your desktop, right-click on it. A box titled 'System Properties' should appear. One of its tabs should be labeled 'Hardware'. Select it. The first button down should say 'Device Manager'. Click it. A new box should pop up titled 'Device manager'. It will contain a list of devices and somewhere near the middle should be an item called 'Network adapters'. When you click it, it should branch out to show any network adapters in your machine. There may be one or two you don't recognise or use. Don't worry about them. Look for the one listed as Marvell or Yukon. I don't have that controller, so I'm not sure what it will say. Anyway, on the same line as the name, there should be a few numbers. Rather than trying to tell us what the numbers are, just read off the complete line. From that we should be able to determine the model or at least the model series of the controller and direct you to the correct driver.

While you're there, you may try double-clicking on the device name and it should pop up yet another box that says something about controller properties. One of the tabs in that box should be titled 'Driver'. One of the buttons in that box should say 'Update Driver...'. Try selecting that and see if it will update the driver for you. You may also notice that there is a line in that box that lists your current driver version.

Another option is running Windows Update from MSIE. It should be able to determine what drivers on your machine need updating and take care of it automatically for you.

Thanks Bob!

Did the automatic update. Hopefully that will fix it.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
If that doesn't do it and you couldnt' get the exact model number info from windows device manager....

Google Belarc Advisor. Find it download and run it. It will query your computer and give you a complete list of all your hardware and software versions.
Knowing that info you should be able to download and install the right device driver.
Normally, if you download the wrong device driver it will not install but warn you that such and such hardware is not installed.

Cityboy

Banned
If that doesn't do it and you couldnt' get the exact model number info from windows device manager....

Google Belarc Advisor. Find it download and run it. It will query your computer and give you a complete list of all your hardware and software versions.
Knowing that info you should be able to download and install the right device driver.
Normally, if you download the wrong device driver it will not install but warn you that such and such hardware is not installed.

Thanks Doc. Hopefully the update from Marvell Yukon will work. I can figure out what to do when I get a nudge in the right direction from guys like you & BP. I know just enough about computers to hesitate if I'm not sure what to do and seek advice from an expert before I screw it up.:)