• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

The perfect finish to the week !

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
This is how life should be lived ! A nice high ball and a warm fire out on the deck .Feet up on the fire pit . Yes ... That is snow out in the background . The Elk were here this evening and fighting for the opens spots of grass in the snow covered pasture .I got a great shot of old " Split Ear " . She has been with us for 5 years now .
They look at me like I have lost my mind . I would truely love to know what they are thinking . They steal a few more blades of grass and then head up the draw to find a little more privacy .
In the meantime I sit and smile watching the sun drop over the mountains , not sure why but it just feels so right .

Better than anything on the TV . I can say that in 60 years of living , I have never seen anything as relaxing as this .

Attachments

• elk 061.jpg
    elk 061.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 125
  • elk 060.jpg
    elk 060.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 119
  • elk 063.jpg
    elk 063.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 120
  • firepit.jpg
    firepit.jpg
    8.1 KB · Views: 120
  • firepit2.jpg
    firepit2.jpg
    4.1 KB · Views: 119

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I hear you Al. Watching the wildlife is some of the best entertainment you can get.:clap:

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
:clap: :clap: :clap: Awesome. Thanks for sharing the pics of split ear. :D

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
:clap: :clap: :clap: Awesome. Thanks for sharing the pics of split ear. :D

Actually "Split Ear" is not in the pictures I posted . She had her head down eating ,every time i tried to get a good picture of her . Those are probably some of her older calves she has produced through the years .

You would know why she is named that it you saw here . A 1 1/2 inch split in one ear where I think she may have cut it going through a barb wire fence .