• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lenny

SUPER Site Supporter
Yes sir, I did.
It starts today.
2-10p.
Time to feel like myself again.

I hope it goes well!

I've had similar experiences where you try to do the best job possible. Instead of rewarding you, they take advantage of you.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I was going to get a haircut.

Got to the barber shot and he is closed. Plywood over the windows. Says he is remodeling. I wonder if he actually retired?

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Physio this morning which sucked as it was pouring rain. Stupidly I left a trailer hooked up to the truck yesterday. When I drove the golf cart down to the truck, I hit a bump and all the water trapped in the channels on the roof decided it belonged on my lap. Then I soaked the rest of my clothes while standing in the rain unhooking the trailer.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Hi all my wife and I just returned from another trip to the work cabin. Thursday when we arrived I installed the toilet on the flange filled it up with water and it worked perfectly. I knew the toilet would flush but I was concerned about the pitch on the drain pipe being too steep and the water leaving the package behind in the pipe, There is one 30' section in the pipe to the digestion tanks where it is 3" per foot and thats about the recommended maximum. Also got back on the bathroom installation, I was able to get the wiring finished up for the light and outlet, the plywood on the ceiling installed and was working on the wall when the neighbor I hadn't met showed up. It was perfect timing I have been looking for my spring location for the water over the last 2 trips, I saw it last year when I bought it but it was so late in the year I didn't bother hooking it up and filling the tank, this year I have been looking exactly where I knew where it was but couldn't find it. Friday I walked for 2 hours looking for it and got turned around and ended up coming off the hill a mile from where I started. I was starting the search about a 100 yards from where I should have and went the wrong direction both times I looked for it. He knew exactly where it was. It is marked very clearly now and I will fill the tank on the next trip. The neighbor has known the previous owners for many years as their families are close. he told me he has been running around up there since he was 5 years old and he is around 60. Super nice guy as was the previous owners when I met them. Very genuine nice people. The neighbor now lives in El Salvador and returns to the mountain in the spring and leaves in October. We talked for about an hour, he gave me his gate combo and the key to his cabin said go ahead and use his property if I want and check on the place once in a while and it would be appreciated. Then gave me an old snowmobile and we exchanged contact info. I didn't get anything else done but that visit was well worth it and welcomed. Work is getting busy so I'm not sure when I can go back again. Marty

Hi all I'm just doing some work on the computer and my cabin neighbor I met last weekend sent me some pictures from a trail cam at his cabin taken within the last 3 weeks. Seems being paranoid about the wild life up there is justified. Looks to be about a 300# blackie. the picture with the deer is obvious, the one he sent with the snow was taken in the spring, if you look at the bottom of the tree with the wagon wheel I see a small mountian lion. Marty

Attachments

• IMG_0853.jpg
    IMG_0853.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 107
  • IMG_0823.jpg
    IMG_0823.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 109
  • IMG_0805.jpg
    IMG_0805.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 104

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Picked up a used brush saw and did some trimming this evening. Not much else today as it was pouring rain.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
hmmm...

I need to find a barber. Not a stylist. Not a salon. I need Floyd the Barber from the Andy Griffith Show.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I could try out the brush saw on your hair if you'd like. Lmao

Fairly busy day. I put the brush saw to work along the 400 feet of driveway to the garage. Picked up a 3/4 size pool table for the basement. Brought it home and unloaded it then brought the trailer in for some new springs. Now time for a fire on the deck
f3a9ea5cc2e07a2615e1b347682c884c.jpg

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Hi All went to our younger son Tylers graduation from the police academy and after went to eat to celebrate the graduation and he starts as a deputy sheriff in 2 weeks. I took lots of pictures but can't post them because I lost my GD phone somewhere. Tomorrow will be a busy day. Marty

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Hi All went to our younger son Tylers graduation from the police academy and after went to eat to celebrate the graduation and he starts as a deputy sheriff in 2 weeks. I took lots of pictures but can't post them because I lost my GD phone somewhere. Tomorrow will be a busy day. Marty

CONGRATULATIONS TYLER!

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter

I'm headed back to the auditorium where the graduation took place to look for my phone myself. Called this morning no-one turned it in and ATT said they can't locate it because it is an I-4 and does not have the app. So if I can't find it I'm buying a new phone and then spending unknown hours retrieving my whole life from the 4 corners of the earth to put back in it. Marty

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Just got home from the motorcycle shop.

Oil change and ordered new tires... tires arrive next week.

Going to go to the hardware store and buy some tile adhesive and a couple of new wet saw blades for my tile saw. The lovely Mrs_Bob has a project for me.

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I'm headed back to the auditorium where the graduation took place to look for my phone myself. Called this morning no-one turned it in and ATT said they can't locate it because it is an I-4 and does not have the app. So if I can't find it I'm buying a new phone and then spending unknown hours retrieving my whole life from the 4 corners of the earth to put back in it. Marty

Hope you find it.

Jim

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Hope you find it.

Jim

Thanks, went back no-one turned it in and they wouldn't let me look myself. They said the cleaning staff is very good and if it was there they would find it. Went and bought a new phone iPhone 8 that was the easy part. The wife has some pictures on her phone so I can still post a few from the graduation which I will do a little later. Marty

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Just came in from doing some target shooting with my friend/neighbor Robert. About 9 months ago he was diagnosed with stage 3 colon cancer had 8 inches of his colon removed and chemo. 2 weeks ago he went in for a scan and a mass was seen on his throat that tested positive for cancer. He is not an old guy 53 years old. Robert has a lot on his mind right now and I hope our little shooting and BS session gave him a little reprieve from that. Marty

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Went to a new barber shop today.

This is an old style barber. Been around for years, never went there before. It was good. Not great, but good enough. If my old barber does not re-open then I will return to this shop. But I like my regular barber better. Less crowded too.

Also started a new tile project.

About 6 months ago we flew out to Pasadena, CA and met with an artist that works in custom tile. My wife had been trading emails and phone calls with the artist for a month or two prior to our visit. We worked things out for a finalized design and ordered half pallet of custom tile.

Today I started the install. It is all going on our fireplace wall in our living room. The tile is actually fairly easy to work with. Its a thick quarry tile, which is fairly soft, so fairly easy to cut. The glaze is a mottled green color scheme from almost mint to a moss green with underlying tan and grey. We opted for mostly field tiles that have no adornment on them because an intricate design could overwhelm the room. It will be 12' tall roughly 7.5' wide. The bottom 2' of it will be a bit over 9' wide. The tiles are framed by custom milled poplar and there is a simple ivy design that will 'wrap' some of the vertical poplar pieces above the firebox.

Its going to take a while for me to finish.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Thanks, went back no-one turned it in and they wouldn't let me look myself. They said the cleaning staff is very good and if it was there they would find it. Went and bought a new phone iPhone 8 that was the easy part. The wife has some pictures on her phone so I can still post a few from the graduation which I will do a little later. Marty

The only picture on the wife's phone with Tyler in it. She took the video and I took the pictures and the videos are to long to load. I may see if I can get screen shots and post them. Marty

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 61

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
The only picture on the wife's phone with Tyler in it. She took the video and I took the pictures and the videos are to long to load. I may see if I can get screen shots and post them. Marty

Hi all we had another little family get together today as my daughter was out of town and unable to attend Tyler's graduation. We just went down town locally.
starting from the right to left.
Tyler- son
Martin -son
Jessica-daughter
Charlie-son in law
Charolette-grand daughter in the basket
Wei wife
Im the old f**ker standing in back of my wife. Marty

Attachments

• 2019-08-25 12.44.24.jpg
    2019-08-25 12.44.24.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 47

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Nice crew m1!

I enjoyed my day off having dinner at my sons place.
His girlfriend made a really good chicken and stuffing dish and corn on the cob.
We were going to have a fire and make s'mores, but the grandies were tired and grumpy.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Just came back from the shop. I got down there earlier before it got hot and welded up the pieces I cut for a new cabin security door and door frame. Next go will be some cross bars in the door, door skin, hinges, handle and a protected lock. Then paint and install on cabin. I have to get this on before continuing with my remodel modification adding the open porch to the cabin living space. Im going to eat my main meal for the day the go into Stockton :( and get some supplies needed in the field tomorrow also pick up the shower for the cabin that just came in. Marty

Attachments

• IMG_0009.jpg
    IMG_0009.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 89

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Went to a new barber shop today.

This is an old style barber. Been around for years, never went there before. It was good. Not great, but good enough. If my old barber does not re-open then I will return to this shop. But I like my regular barber better. Less crowded too.

Also started a new tile project.

About 6 months ago we flew out to Pasadena, CA and met with an artist that works in custom tile. My wife had been trading emails and phone calls with the artist for a month or two prior to our visit. We worked things out for a finalized design and ordered half pallet of custom tile.

Today I started the install. It is all going on our fireplace wall in our living room. The tile is actually fairly easy to work with. Its a thick quarry tile, which is fairly soft, so fairly easy to cut. The glaze is a mottled green color scheme from almost mint to a moss green with underlying tan and grey. We opted for mostly field tiles that have no adornment on them because an intricate design could overwhelm the room. It will be 12' tall roughly 7.5' wide. The bottom 2' of it will be a bit over 9' wide. The tiles are framed by custom milled poplar and there is a simple ivy design that will 'wrap' some of the vertical poplar pieces above the firebox.

Its going to take a while for me to finish.

Pictures of the progress?

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Packed up and headed home from camp in the rain. I had hauled the boat out yesterday and had it ready to bring home.

Got home. Unhooked the boat then went to town to pick up the new flat deck trailer. I had new springs and shackles installed.

Getting a quote for a school bus shelter to be built for the end of the driveway.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
More tile on the fireplace today. But I'm done for now. I'm to the upper wood, the next course will need cuts. Good excuse to quit now.

I may put up more this evening.

In and out of the garage, where the pattern is laid out on the floor. Then up and down the ladder. My arthritis is taking a beating. Easier for me 'recover' if I work a bit, then rest, then work, then rest ... rather than trying to work in longer stretches with few/no breaks.

I figure at this point I am about 1/3rd done. But I did the easy stuff first. There will be a LOT of tile cutting in my future. And the repairs around the firebox have to be done. There was marble surrounding the firebox; that is all in the trash can now.

Not sure when I will get this finished, we are going out of town on Thursday and will be gone for 9 days. So its going to sit, unfinished for a while.

At some point I will probably start a new thread and post all the photos up in one of the projects forums here on FF. This tile is much more 'period appropriate' for the house. While many think its a modern home, it was actually designed in 1912 (but not built until 1995) in Frank Lloyd Wright's studio by architect Walter Burley Griffin in the "Prairie Style" of architecture. Griffen moved to Australia later and ended up becoming the most famous architect in that nation.

Attachments

• Of5t1OpnQL29PwThAYEl5g.jpg
    Of5t1OpnQL29PwThAYEl5g.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 78

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
More tile on the fireplace today. But I'm done for now. I'm to the upper wood, the next course will need cuts. Good excuse to quit now.

In and out of the garage, where the pattern is laid out on the floor. Then up and down the ladder. My arthritis is taking a beating. Easier for me 'recover' if I work a bit, then rest, then work, then rest ... rather than trying to work in longer stretches with few/no breaks.

I figure at this point I am about 1/3rd done. But I did the easy stuff first. There will be a LOT of tile cutting in my future. And the repairs around the firebox have to be done. There was marble surrounding the firebox; that is all in the trash can now.

Not sure when I will get this finished, we are going out of town on Thursday and will be gone for 9 days. So its going to sit, unfinished for a while.

At some point I will probably start a new thread and post all the photos up in one of the projects forums here on FF. This tile is much more 'period appropriate' for the house. While many think its a modern home, it was actually designed in 1912 (but not built until 1995) in Frank Lloyd Wright's studio by architect Walter Burley Griffin in the "Prairie Style" of architecture. Griffen moved to Australia later and ended up becoming the most famous architect in that nation.
Looks nice so far.

I took two years to do a master bathroom. It was gut to the studs and replaced everything. But the tile was an intricate design using subway tiles with black piping inlays and took over a year.

Take your time 'cause you will have to look at any shortcuts forever.

Last edited:

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
That will look nice. I'm glad our new place had the fireplace all done. It's a two sided gas fireplace. Our room is on the other side with a nice dark wood mantle. The mantle in the living room is 12x12 slate tiles.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Trying not to get arrested.

I'm meeting with a customer, former strategic partner, on Tuesday to iron out our differences. He tried to steal my part of the business I brought him several years ago. He prints it, I wrap it. He bought a wrapping line to cut me out.

For years I had suggested we put machines in his place. He complained he didn't know our business and would have none of it. He lied.

To us and to our customer.:hammer:

Our customer found out and was pissed. So, now he has to mend the bridge he burned. I just want to reach down his throat and pull out his heart. But the boss says "be professional."

If you don't hear from me tomorrow night, you'll know it did not go well and I disobeyed orders.

:boxing::boxing::boxing:

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter

Looking good

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Had a pretty good shift yesterday, came home last night and was ready to hit the hay right away.

We got an admission during the morning.
Turns out he was one of my guys on 200 wing.
I walked in his room during first med pass.
He is (was) a very famous radio host, then television newsman for years, both in Ohio and I believe he said lower Michigan back in the day.
His family decorated a corner of his room with his retro microphones with CBS and NBC on them.
There was another tallish one, but I can't remember what it said.
Talking to him was interesting.
He's still got that voice.
:smile:

Right back at it again today.

Status
Not open for further replies.