• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Post pics of your shop

Mith

The Eccentric Englishman
SUPER Site Supporter
Looking for ideas and offering you all the chance to invoke jelousy into the lives of us shop challenged folk.
I look forward to the pics of your shops, especially those which are a mess, makes ya feel so much less guilty y'know :rofl1: :beer:

johnday

The Crazy Scot, #3
SUPER Site Supporter
Aye Jim; I'll get some tomorow morning. It's too bloody cold and dark right now. :fr2: Is there a prize for the worse looking one?:tiphat: :beer: :14_6_12: :3_7_11v:

Av8r3400

Gone Flyin'
Garage (Shop) interior.

The outside is just a plain 28 x 36' box with matching siding and shingles to the house.

Lessons learned:
  1. More pitch to the floor for drainage would be good
  2. In floor heat is so much better than an air blower furnace
  3. Plumbing (bathroom) would have been a nice addition
  4. 10' cieling is good, but, 14' is better
:tiphat:

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
Av8r - where is all your stuff? You need to go shopping. You can probably stretch out in there and take a nap. Way to clean and organized. Are you retired?

Mith

The Eccentric Englishman
SUPER Site Supporter
Av8r - who chavved all your stuff, looks like the theiving scum pretty much cleaned you out :mad:
Seriously, I cant believe you dont have more junk that that?

John, lookin forward to it! PS, I like the bowing down smiley, can you do that some more :D

Not sure about the prize for the worst one, apart from knowing that you will have made all those who have better ones feel better ;)

johnday

The Crazy Scot, #3
SUPER Site Supporter
Okay, here's mine. Av8tr sure makes mine look small, and REAL cluttered. The main part of the building is 24X28, with a wall dividing it into his and her sides. Jans side looks as organized as Av8tr's, so I won't show you that side. Also a photo looking out of "my" side. Had to make do with what I got when I moved here. My old place had a 24X26 that was all mine. I've only got 14X24 now, but that will change when I get upnorth.:fart: :3_7_11v: :beer: :US_flag:

Attachments

• Pic486 (Small).JPG
    Pic486 (Small).JPG
    44.5 KB · Views: 121
  • Pic487 (Small).JPG
    Pic487 (Small).JPG
    47.5 KB · Views: 122
  • Pic488 (Small).JPG
    Pic488 (Small).JPG
    48.4 KB · Views: 119
  • Pic489 (Small).JPG
    Pic489 (Small).JPG
    33.2 KB · Views: 119
  • Pic485.JPG
    Pic485.JPG
    78.6 KB · Views: 123

Mith

The Eccentric Englishman
SUPER Site Supporter
I gotta say John, you could have too much more in there, if Jans side is clear she obviosly doesnt need it all, maybe slowly move the wall across? :D
What is that tool in the 4th picture just above the tool box in the picture? looks like some sort of radial saw?

johnday

The Crazy Scot, #3
SUPER Site Supporter
Good eye Jim. Yea, that's an old craftsman that was originally my Grandads. He bought it new around 1962 or '63. It's got a castiron arm on it. Doesn't flex like the new stamped steel ones do. It's a real work horse.:coolshade

I tried to move some of my "stuff" into Jans side. Well, ah, I guess she'd have none of it. Gotta get out there Sunday and make room somehow for the TC, it's still sitting outside.:pipo: :Raised_Ey :beer: :US_flag:

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I should straighten up a bit before posting pics ....but since you guys are sharing:

Attachments

• nicegarager.jpg
    nicegarager.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 121
  • ExtraNiceGarager.jpg
    ExtraNiceGarager.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 121

Mith

The Eccentric Englishman
SUPER Site Supporter
Where did I put that 'we're not worthy smily'
:notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

Aww man, youve even gotma TV :wall:

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
opps, how'd those get in there? Not my garage, not even close. I had those saved under Dream Garage pics.

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
Nothing exciting here. Messy garage, 10x20 shed crammed with crap, and tractor implements crammed under trees with tarps on them.

Some day I'll get a big fancy shop and cram it full of crap too. :pipo:

humor_me

Hey Doc,
I've seen those dream garage photos somewhere before. That thing looks like a commercial. Way, way too clean. I bet they don't get anything done in there.

I like the shop on Trucks TV that Stacy David does his show from. It is a pretty good start.

One observation, why is it that any time someone opens up their shop for photos, it sort of looks like a garage sale about to happen?
I guess we all need more room.

Av8r3400

Gone Flyin'
:slap: :punch:

Sorry, guys, those are 'old' pictures. I haven't updated the site since the broadband went away.

there are now:
  • grease stains on the floor
  • chips in the concrete
  • cabinets and counter tops
  • tool boxes (2)
  • Motorcycles (4)
  • Tractor (bx)
  • Truck
  • 1/2 of my impliments (other half in the gravel floored pole barn on the land we are building on in the spring)
  • dirt and clutter a-plenty

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Av8r_2230 said:
:slap: :punch:

Sorry, guys, those are 'old' pictures. I haven't updated the site since the broadband went away.

there are now:
  • grease stains on the floor
  • chips in the concrete
  • cabinets and counter tops
  • tool boxes (2)
  • Motorcycles (4)
  • Tractor (bx)
  • Truck
  • 1/2 of my impliments (other half in the gravel floored pole barn on the land we are building on in the spring)
  • dirt and clutter a-plenty
Now that's what I'm talking about... Get "normal".

Junkman

Extra Super Moderator
stages from pouring the floor to the almost finished product.....

Attachments

• Shop 270.jpg
    Shop 270.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 109
  • Shop 555.jpg
    Shop 555.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 110
  • Shop 661.jpg
    Shop 661.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 109
  • Shop 816.jpg
    Shop 816.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 109
  • Shop 416.jpg
    Shop 416.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 108

Av8r3400

Gone Flyin'
Whatcha use for a boiler for the in-floor heat? I'm told a hot-water heater works fine. Enquiring minds wanna know.

Junkman

Extra Super Moderator
Some expensive brand that comes from ?????? . I know nothing about the heat except that it works. I will check with the owner. Doc made me do it... :liar:

Attachments

• Shop 677.jpg
    Shop 677.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 107

humor_me

Junkman, maybe you should change your handle. That's too cool of a shop.

Somehow, I pictured you with sort of a Fred Sanford type place.

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
Junk - that is one nice shop. I've got to wipe up this puddle of drool before it fries my computer.

BadAttitude

Nice Junk...REAL NICE!:thumb: :thumb:
I wouldn't be surprised if the boiler is a Buderus unit...from Germany

How bouts some info on the double gate? I need one to span 20' and want to use remote openers with it too.

BadAttitude

Mith said:
Looking for ideas and offering you all the chance to invoke jelousy into the lives of us shop challenged folk.
I look forward to the pics of your shops, especially those which are a mess, makes ya feel so much less guilty y'know :rofl1: :beer:
My garage/shop isn't too cluttered because when I run out of room, the excess goes to the basement. Out of site = out of mind:nosee:

Now if you want to compare basement pics:eek: ...I'll give most of you a run for your money:whistle:

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
BadAttitude said:
My garage/shop isn't too cluttered because when I run out of room, the excess goes to the basement. Out of site = out of mind:nosee:

Now if you want to compare basement pics:eek: ...I'll give most of you a run for your money:whistle:

I have no shop/garage just a barn and a basement. Garage is tentatively scheduled for the spring. The barn houses the tractor, implements, fuel, summer furniture and what ever isn't too weather sensitive. Now my basement is another matter and I'll take your challenge BA.

In the basement...............

2 Blue and Gold Macaws (2 cages - 24"x36"x50")
Harley
2 ATV's
Wifes Husky 25 HP rider
Newly purchased eBay 3700 psi pressure washer (What a monster)
6HP 80 gal. air compressor and 2.5 HP pancake compressor
40"x60" Safe
Corner reloading station and supplies (over a 30,000 hulls and wads)
30"x60" table loaded top and under with old computer and stereo equip.
40"x60" tool box
Weight bench
2 XL Dog crates, 1 assembled - 1 not
1/2 ton of lead shot
Furnace, water heater and accumulator
40"x24"x60" rack with nuttin but power tools - battery, air and chain saws

Not to mention.................

Sons boxes from college
Log splitter that's outside at the time, we've been using it and it's covered
Large aquarium coral and supplies
4 New quad tires
Roll around tool cart (Yeah, I still got some room for it to roll)
2 weedeaters
Sink and commode

BadAttitude

Big Dog said:
Now my basement is another matter and I'll take your challenge BA.

Roll around tool cart (Yeah, I still got some room for it to roll)
Your on...I'll post some pics later, but I'll start a new thread. Don't want to steal the spotlite from my buddy Mith :slap:

but I'll give you a little hint...I can't even roll a cart down there!

Mith

The Eccentric Englishman
SUPER Site Supporter
OK, so the reason I asked, Im looking about extending my shop, just looking for ideas and stuff, and besides, I just plain like looking at pics of things that I can aim for :D

Some pics of my wannabe shop. I want to extend down where that shelter is.
Click on thumbnails for full size

Keep the pics coming

BA, post them wherever ya want, looking forward to it :wall:

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
My shop is way too small, but I had to get a variance from the county plan commission to build it because it is larger than they wanted it to be! It is only 24 by 32. I should have made it at least 24 by 36 at a bare minimum!

The central bay of the shop has a catherdral ceiling to accomodate the car lift, the Snow Trac is just over 6' tall and I can raise the car lift high enough to easily walk under the lift without the Snow trac hitting the ceiling. The flat ceiling is about 9'6". I have 2 overhead doors on the front and one overhead door on the rear of the shop.

The biggest problem I have is that 1/2 my tools are in the shop and the other half are in the garage attached to the house. Seems like when I am working in the garage, I need a tool from the shop & when I am in the shop I need something from the garage :Raised_Ey

Attachments

• 99032660101_3300.jpg
    99032660101_3300.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 77
  • 99032679173_3300.jpg
    99032679173_3300.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 76
  • 99032625669_3300.jpg
    99032625669_3300.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 76
  • 99032633989_3300.jpg
    99032633989_3300.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 75
  • 99032646277_3300.jpg
    99032646277_3300.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 76

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
More inside:

Attachments

• 99032694917_3300.jpg
    99032694917_3300.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 76
  • 99032720005_3300.jpg
    99032720005_3300.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 76
  • 99039659397_3300.jpg
    99039659397_3300.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 77

BadAttitude

Once upon a time, I parked my truck and Mrs BA's car in there. Now it's for parking the TC and my shop for the remodel work I'm doing on this place.

Edit...sorry about the fuzzy pics. The button is kinda stiff which causes me to move the camera when I shoot

Attachments

• garage1.jpg
    garage1.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 67
  • garage2.jpg
    garage2.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:

BadAttitude

Mith said:
BA, post them wherever ya want, looking forward to it :wall:
OK, but it ain't nuthin to brag about. Trust me...it's a disaster down there:eek:

There is some treasure buried in there though...for starters about 400#s of R12 freon. Will make a nice retirement bonus if I ever decide to sell it all. The going rate around here is $75-100 per # right now :eek: :eek:

Attachments

• basement1.jpg
    basement1.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 63
  • basement2.jpg
    basement2.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 65
  • basement3.jpg
    basement3.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 63